- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ryu69

Ryu69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I've just got a brilliant Mitac 8380 from a friend, who attempted to upgrade its ROM, and according to him it didn't work, so he just unplugged the phone from the PC.
The phone won't boot now, it shows a black screen, and it won't switch off unless the battery is removed.
When i hold down the recording button and power it on, nothing happens. (Is this buttons combination the correct to enter the bootloader?).
But even if the phone is powered off, when i plug it on the USB cable Windows detect a new device, and ask for a driver. But i don't know what kind of driver it's looking for. I downloaded the 8380's driver from Mitac, and it's not that the one it's looking for.

pwest13

pwest13

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
To enter the Bootloader hold down the asterisk and both softkeys when you turn on the phone.

Ryu69

Ryu69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

To enter the Bootloader hold down the asterisk and both softkeys when you turn on the phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for ur help. Although it doesn't seem to work :D
When the left softkey is held down, the phone won't power on.
I tried different combinations to press the 3 buttons right after the phone is turned on, but still nothing :D

Any ideas suggestions? I e-mailed Mitac Europe, hoping they can help me by sending them the phone for service or something, but still no reply yet.
Don't know what else to do

Ryu69

Ryu69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Also I've jut noticed that when i start the phone using combination of buttons, some times it gives on the external display a number which increaments every time i statt the phone
0:1 0:2 0:3 0:4 etc
Any ideas what these are?
Phone's nonsense? some error codes?
Arg, this situation is killing me. I can find nowhere any helpful info on Mitacs
:shock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users