Cases for the HTC Magician

Guest MitchellO

Guest MitchellO

I was just wondering what everyone else uses for protection for their Magician (if any at all). I just got my new leather case and I am pretty happy with it:

xdaminicase79om.th.jpg xdaminicase69pi.th.jpg xdaminicase57bb.th.jpg xdaminicase43nl.th.jpg xdaminicase36jf.th.jpg xdaminicase22bz.th.jpg xdaminicase16jj.th.jpg xdaminicase7dd.th.jpg

So, what does everyone else use?

Guest Disco Stu

Brando leather / flap case from here :

http://shop.brando.com.hk/bwo2xdaIIminicase.php

I used to use the silicon cases until they got too dirty. Also they are buggers to get in and out of pockets because of the grip - otherwise the main benefit.

I'm tempted to try one of those aircraft-grade aluminium cases just because they sound dead cool 8) :roll:

Guest MitchellO

I have had the aluminium cases for my last 4 PDAs (Axim X5, h1930, h2210, h4355) and they were great protection. I just haven't yet found one I like for my Mini. I really want a slot for storing my WiFi card, and none of the metal ones have an SD holder in them ;) Will keep looking.

Guest Perfectionist

I have that case as well but I keep going back to the good old silicone cover - yes it gets dirty and is so sticky its difficult to get out of your pocket BUT it doesnt add to the size of the JAM and gives my hand a good grip on it ..... plus, it keeps the JAM looking more like a phone as opposed to a PDA which means it impresses people even more when I show them what it can do !! ;)

Also, whenever I see someone with a PDA - I cant help thinking they're one of those arsehole executive types who used to carry a big FiloFax back in the 80's/90's !!

Oh look at me with my FiloFax, yes I'm a yuppie with loads of money and you are just an unemployed peasent, I have such a hectic and busy life and you are just sad and lonely, I couldn't survive without my fancy organiser whereas you are a loser etc etc !!

No offence to PDA users :D

Edited by Perfectionist

Guest 12speed

Hi all

I have got the same case off ebay for £6.19 total ...seller "pda cases" look for the ones with no reserve...

I all ready own a silicon case but it sticks in my pocket which is annoying ...

I have managed to slide my mda in the leather case with the silicon sleeve still on..... It just fits in but the leather case does increase the size quite a bit and I don’t like the belt clip that comes with it but I do like the sd card holders so now I can have a music dedicated card with me all the time

Guest Exodia

I use the supplied case for now, im waiting for my "Flexiskin" case to arrive from boxwave.com. I hope its not to sticky and doesnt attract much dust.

Guest Twisticles

I use a silicone case tried a cheapo one which stretched within a week - bought the Proporta one which has been fine so far, its contruction is better.

I tried the aliminium case too, but got irritated having to open it all the time, I like quick/easy access to everything ;)

I use the supplied case for now, im waiting for my "Flexiskin" case to arrive from boxwave.com. I hope its not to sticky and doesnt attract much dust.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can you post us a review when it arrive . I am thinking of using that as well. ( Will it add lots of thinkness to it.. etc )

Did you buy the CLip one or the Cover one?

Guest Exodia

I'll let you know how it works out when i get it. (may not reach me for another week or more though)

I got the cover one since i carry my jam in my pocket... no need for a clip and the cover will gaurd agaisnt crushing pressures on the screen.

I ended up buying the silicone case from Brando, mainly cos it didn't have a belt clip thing sticking out the back of it.

I think the silicone cases are really good as you can still see the whole phone and get to all the slots/buttons easily.

They do collect a bit of fluff etc but I don't think its too bad at all.

Link below:

http://shop.brando.com.hk/o2xdaIIminisiliconecase.php

Cheers

Gaz

Guest MitchellO

I am amazed at how many people use the silicone cases! I didn't get one because there was not screen protection, something I am very causious about.

I am amazed at how many people use the silicone cases! I didn't get one because there was not screen protection, something I am very causious about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Black silicone case from ebay - £8 with a doml screen protector - £10. Yes the silicone is a fluff magnet and is hard to get out of the pocket but it doesnt add much to the size, stops the phone slipping about in the car and I can slide my sandisk 256+wifi down the back ;-)

Guest Disco Stu

That's a point that's been overlooked.

Use a silicon case and you don't need a car holder as it will sit on top of the dash quite happily gripping the plastic !

Guest MitchellO
I can slide my sandisk 256+wifi down the back ;-)

Thats a good idea!! I had to buy another case for my Mini because I couldn't carry my wifi and extra 1gb sd in the original one. I was quite happy with the default one, but my new one is great!

That's a point that's been overlooked.

Use a silicon case and you don't need a car holder as it will sit on top of the dash quite happily gripping the plastic !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, it works really well, I was suprised!

Guest monty1

I quite like the original case that came with it . (sorry Perfectionist im not a corporate go getter ... honest ) That way when a call comes in I can just whip the phone out . Dont like the cases with flaps , and there is no way I am putting a condom over my MDA mini :oops: . I also have to carry around one of those hardened spectacle cases though for the rest of the gear , extra SD cards ,Sony Eriksson headphones , cleaning cloth and USB Pen drive ( work has a very fast connection , so I can download stuff for the MDA ;)

Guest Exodia

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The one im getting from boxwave comes with a clear flip screen cover.

fs_imatejam_sm.gif

I'll let you know how it works out.

have you got it? or is it still shipping??

I am wondering if the the little bit sticking out from side will hurt?

Coz i am putting it in my pocket ( As in Trouser... Jeans )

And i am wondering if any one put their jam in their Jeans pocket........

( may start a new topic on that )

Guest MitchellO

I put mine in my jeans pocket, but with this new case it is a tad to fat. It isn't annoying, and looks fine but would be much better if it wasn't as thick.

I like the look of this case:

fs_imatejam_sm.gif

Make sure you post pics when it arrives. Looks nice and slim.

Guest Exodia

I have a special shipping arrangement with a friend, i ship to her and she ship to me. Most of the time its fast an easy. I checked up on this last night, she went to visit her mom and dint tell me she wasnt at home, shes been missing the delivery. She'll pick it up tomorrow when she comes back and then will ship it to me. If im lucky i'll get it on monday. Sit tight, i'll let you know and will post pics when i get it.