Orange M500 - - Oooh Pretty

Guest ddieter

Guest uczmeg

The finish is nice, but I think it looks ugly compared to the Jam.

My big problem is that my Jam is now ugly too. I dropped it and it's not quite a scratched mess.

Doesn't seem to be any easy way to get the case off or get a new one either... ;)

Guest MitchellO
Cant stand that damn Orange logo though !

Just use a sugarcube to scratch it off and it will be gone!! Works perfectly, and it debranded my Mini.

xdamininobrandmedium0eo.jpg

Guest spvdk

The styling is a matter of taste. And the original Jam / S100 styling certainly wasn't my taste! I actually hated the looks of the Jam, when I saw the first pictures, and it kept my interest very low.

Today, after owning a Magician for 1-2 months, I like the looks of the Jam/S100 a bit more, but that is because I know what it can do. I still prefer the Orange M500, though ;)

Edited by spvdk

Guest Exodia
I like the look of the back ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, but the front is unattractive. I think the button style and that "sink" that they are sitting in look goofy.

And is it just my eyes, or does it look thicker than the jam from the side?

Guest mike-oh

Give me the front of the Jam and the back of the M500 but in silver and i'd be a very happy chappy!

I reckon speaker quality will be better on the M500 too as there's somewhere for the sound to come out of!

Guest Pondrew

It's bigger huh? Interesting. You know, I'd be interested to hear if the build quality is improved... just that people have complained of loose/creaky cases on the MDA Compact/Jam along with rattling from the volume switch.

Could it be that Orange/Vodafone have both engineered that out?

Guest MitchellO

The build quality on my Mini is better than any PDA that I have had before (a bit better than my Jornada, a real rock!). Other than the slight volume button rattle (but who shakes their PDA anyway??) there is nothing wrong with the build. I love the metal casing, something I missed on the 4 PDAs (3 iPAQs and an Axim) I had after my Jornada 545.

Guest MitchellO

What do you think!! ;) :D :D

orangespvmoddedt2jf.jpg

Looks much better without the "bowl" around the buttons and the orange logo!

Edited by MitchellO

Guest En_croute
My big problem is that my Jam is now ugly too. I dropped it and it's not quite a scratched mess.

Doesn't seem to be any easy way to get the case off or get a new one either... ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HTC Europe will replace the case for £30 inc postage both ways.

HTC Europe Co.Ltd.

Capella House,

Snowdon Drive,

Winterhill,

Milton Keynes,

MK6 1AJ

0871 22 30 217

http://www.htceurope.com/

Guest Confucious
The least they could do it give you something extra for that ugly look and thicker case.

When will this be available? I have mullered my C500 and am not sure wether to pay £70 to get it repaired or just bin it (I have 4 months on my contract at £15/month) and get a new phone and I was thinking of a JAM but this looks nice but no sign of it on Orange's web site - is it one of those "doin't hold your breath" phones?

Guest Pondrew

It's only been available in Holland and Switzerland thus far but both announed the release within the last couple of weeks so here's hoping Orange UK won't be far behind...

Guest Disco Stu
It's nice...but is it convenient to use without a keyboard??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've never used a PPC with a keyboard, but the virtual one in the Magician is easy enough to use. You do of course have a choice of input methods, including phone pad and actually 'writing' on the screen.