SPV C550

Guest JonnyBennett

Guest JonnyBennett

Hey guys. Been looking on here or a while but can find any update news on the c550. does anyone know the official date i can purchase this phone on pay and go as its now May and I havnt heard any more information on this phone?

regards,

jon

Guest Jon_

anyone got a "typical" idea of a monthly contract cost for a C550? my E200 contract has just finished so ready for a upgrade, is it worth waiting for the C550 or is it going to cost more than a C500 contract?

Guest Confused Stu

If by Contract price you mean the month by month price, then this is set by how many minutes, texts, GPRS, etc you want - doesn't make a difference if it was on a Nokia 1100 or a C500!

The only difference pricewise would be how much the phone would cost you up from (more expensive phone + cheap monthly price = big initial payment to make a profit).

That said, if anyone claims to know how much the C550 will cost on certain monthly tariffs - then they're lying! ;) Until Orange announce prices (usually when it's released), anyone saying anything different is making it up or going on experience.

Sorry, dude, but you're going to have to follow your own nose on this question! ;)

Guest Big_Dogg123

Going on previous experience, I'd say you could pick yourself up a free C550 with a £25+ base tariff contract. If not, I'd say it would go down to that within the first month or 2. I'd bet money on that!

Guest drevil
anyone got a "typical" idea of a monthly contract cost for a C550? my E200 contract has just finished so ready for a upgrade, is it worth waiting for the C550 or is it going to cost more than a C500 contract?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I pay on average £30 for my C500 with orange on a 2 year contract (saves 10%) with 120 talk, care, 30 text and 4mb wap

Guest morpheus2702

Still begs the question though, when will it hit the stores? CPW are still showing it on their 'coming new' section and there doesn't seem to be any reviews coming soon in the magazines.

My money is on mid-late July.

Guest Pagemakers

I'm not so sure the C550 will be a good buy.

It doesn't sound that far advanced from the C500.

Maybe we should wait for the C600.

Guest beersoft

pagemakers, the one after the next one is always going to be better:)

i think we need to see the c550 in the flesh before any money gets put down,

later

Owen

Guest Pagemakers

Yea I guess you're right.

My feelings are, thousands of us are gonna rush out and buy the 550, and the 600 will be silently but hot on its heels (maybe WM5, wifi, 3G etc) and there's going to be a lot of unhappy bunnies out there.

Guest stevekay

I was in the Orange shop in Basinsgtoke on Monday (9/05/05) and the guy in the shop said that the C550 will be available in either the first or 2nd week of June.

He didn't give me any indication as to the PAYG or contract prices.

Guest squall
Yea I guess you're right.

My feelings are, thousands of us are gonna rush out and buy the 550, and the 600 will be silently but hot on its heels (maybe WM5, wifi, 3G etc) and there's going to be a lot of unhappy bunnies out there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

c550 doesnt do it for me, only real change seems to be the screen and media keys, i think i will wait for the univarsal

Guest drevil

Yep I agreed the C550 won't really be a huge leap - I think the C600 will be the next phone for me when my contract ends or a reasonably priced upgrade is available after first year

c550 doesnt do it for me, only real change seems to be the screen and media keys, i think i will wait for the univarsal

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest hotphil
I think the C600 will be the next phone for me when my contract ends or a reasonably price
Don't forget that's only going to be for business customers. And have you tried Orange's 3G? :roll:

Guest hotphil
What's their 3G like?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I've gone back to 2.5G because it lets you receive calls and email/wap is quicker. And that's in a major city.

Guest spacerace

didn't I hear that the C600 was going to be the Orange equivalent of the HTC Universal ?

If so I wouldn't really consider the C600 as a natural progression to the C550. It's not Smartphone form, more PPCPE.

Guest dolphinsmile

Do you think c550 will have MS 2005.

I dont think I could buy one if it didn't.

Are there any pictures off this machine you call the c600?

or is it vapour ware?

How do I get a picture on the left there <- ?

Edited by dolphinsmile