TapzMania Smartphone, beta version

Guest Kak

Guest Kak

Hi everybody!

I'm glad to announce that TapzMania Smartphone has entered the final public beta version ;) I've got it tested in some devices more than the last walls & balls version, but if anybody could test it in other devices I'd be great :)

The beta version can be downloaded here:

TapzMania SMARTPHONE version

sp2.png

sp1.png

The game objective is simple, just destroying a horde of bugs attacking some growing flowers. some might say it's a clone of the old classic Ultimate PSSST game gone 3D. Well, if you tell that I completely agree ;)

In the smartphone version every bug / item has assigned a number which you must type in your keypad in order to kill the bug. Clear all the bugs until the flower grows and you'll be able to go to the next stage.

Have a nice weekend! ;)

Kak

Edited by Kak

Guest martin

Great work Kak ;)

I love the graphics but most of all I'm finding the gameplay very addictive. I keep going back to play it again which is a good sign as I'm not usually very good with games ;)

I don't have any in-game music playing yet. I tried putting a mod file in a music folder as stated in the game options but it still never worked. Does the smartphone version support music ?

I also noticed the bluetooth settings. Is it a multiplayer game ?

Guest Kak

Hi Martin, thanks for the feedback :)

I've uploaded a new version with some fixes. I temporally removed the music because as the game is very cpu intensive it sounded a bit "choking", it should be fixed in the new version. If it sounds bad just disable it ;)

download new version

The mod files should be added in the same directory where the EXE file is (I fixed that in the description too)

About the multiplayer, yes, it's multiplayer :)

However I haven't been able to iron the final bugs, so the communication often fails so it's better not to announce it yet ;) In fact I've been playing using a pocket pc versus my e200 smartphone with almost no problems, but from time to time the communication is dropped and it's a bit anoying, you know ;)

Also the e200 bluetooth is a bit weird, so I can't fully test it . I've found it works better if you start the serial communication before entering the game (and configuring correctly the bluetooth ports, of course, I hope a day I'll find a way to autodetect them ;) )

Great work Kak  :D

I love the graphics but most of all I'm finding the gameplay very addictive. I keep going back to play it again which is a good sign as I'm not usually very good with games  :lol:

I don't have any in-game music playing yet. I tried putting a mod file in a music folder as stated in the game options but it still never worked.  Does the smartphone version support music ?

I also noticed the bluetooth settings. Is it a multiplayer game ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest martin

Kak

I've downloaded the new beta version. The music work great now and it also played a MOD file placed in the main game directory ;)

I'll post any problems I find but so far it seems very stable.

I hope you get the bluetooth problem sorted.

Martin

Guest tsutton

Great game!

Suggestion: SAVE THE GAME! I had to stop halfway as I had to do something. But i was unable to save it and lost it. It would be good if we cna save it so we cna carry on where we left it off.

Guest James

CANT get the game Bluetooth to Work with my SPV C500....

i am bonded to my friends C500

Bluetooth is set to 'ON'

Inbound: 6 and is 'ON'

Outbount: 7 and is 'ON'

Error.... (but can read it because its off the screen)

please help!

Guest martin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also tried gettings two C500's to work via bluetooth in 2 player mode but I am getting the same error.

ok, lots of thanks for the feedback everybody :) it seems everybody has a C500 around ;)

jlowap, I'm contacting you by pm about the bluetooth problems and the internet send scores, lots of thanks for the info :)

Kind regards,

Kak

i am bonded to my friends C500

Bluetooth is set to 'ON'

Inbound: 6 and is 'ON'

Outbount: 7 and is 'ON'

Error.... (but can read it because its off the screen)

please help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see it's a common problem so I've done this little tutorial:

Bluetooth help for multiplayer

the process should help for any multiplayer game, not just TapzMania ;)

I also tried gettings two C500's to work via bluetooth in 2 player mode but I am getting the same error.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by Kak

Guest James

i have now got it working!!! (before i read the guide)

I think its important to set the serial ports on BOTH devices first before you bond them!!

CHEERS!

i have repplied to your PM.

great, I'm glad it worked ;)

Is there a lot of slowdown when playing bluetooth? I only have been able to play pocket PC versus bluetooth and I think the pocket PC was "saturating" the smartphone due to its higher framerate...

TIA ;)

Kak

Guest James

No its really good! no slow down i have seen!.........

still playing it with no problems! will keep you posted of any problems seen.....

Guest James

Was playing it agin last night for about an hour in History Mode... got to level 23 before i thought i beter get some sleep...

it would be really good to be able to sync scores across GPRS?

any news?

Was playing it agin last night for about an hour in History Mode... got to level 23 before i thought i beter get some sleep...

it would be really good to be able to sync scores across GPRS?

any news?

I'll have a look at it but no promises, as for the moment I can't test it :(

just a little note to say I've changed a little bit the flowers ;) it seems some people found them a little bit disturbing despite I didn't thought about it after working for months in the game...

p.s. any psychotherapist out there? ;)

Guest tsutton

Would be good if there was some sort of version control on the filename, so we can know which one is the latest version.