Mains Charger

Guest bronksy

Guest bronksy

I have a couple of E200 chargers lying about, and about to get an M2000.. can anyone confirm that this would work with the M2000. I remember reading somewhere that the dongle bit is the same as the E200.. but has anyone tried it with success?

Guest rickyburke

no it doesnt fit, but, im not sure if u'll need a whole charger, or just the end bit, cos i cant find my old charger, but i fi find it, i'll let you know.

Guest Jay247

Hi bronsky,

I can confirm that the charger is the same, as is the dongle. When I had my E200 I was looking for chargers, which were very hard to find (impossible in Orange shops anyway). But a friendly man in an O2 shop had me try an XDA charger on my E200 - which worked perfectly fine. Logic dictates it'll work the other way round as well.

Some tekkie details: The charger that came with my XdaIIs is a

Phihong

PSC 11K-050 (5.15H)

Input AC 100-240V~ 300mA 50-60Hz

Output DC +5V @2A

Guest jhinchl

I've just tried the adaptor, I'm not sure if its the e100 or e200 as I had both or if there is a difference but it's rated at 5v 1.0a and it seems to recharge with no problems.

The m2000 adaptor however is rated at 5v 2.0a, I dont know if the difference in amps means the lower rated one would take longer to charge the handset or not but as I said it seems to work fine.

Guest Jay247

If the voltage is the same (i.e. in this case 5V) then you're fine. The amperes shoudn't matter too much, apart from - as you said correctly - how long it will take to charge your phone. With 1A it should take twice as long as with the dedicated 2A charger.

Guest jhinchl

Just to point out as well the M2000 will charge from the docking station via the usb cable without the power adaptor attached, but will not recharge the additional battery at the same time.