Forum re-org underway

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest yoos

Strange that this topic was under the smartphone news section... I was browsing the new structure looking for this topic so I could voice my opinion on the new structure (I thought this would have been under MoDaCo online).... Anyways, the new structure is WAYYYY better!

Guest yoos

three things...

1. For some reason my fast reply doesn't stay on all the time, I have to keep clicking it in a topic.

2. I think it would be really useful if you could just click on the main software forum and you could see all the sub forums like it works now, but under that you could see a collection of all the posts from all the subforms. This way you can see all software in one place instead of clicking in/out of each additional sub forum. This may be useful in other areas too.

3. I just found this out, just thought I'd share... At the bottom of the post to the right is an [ OPTIONS ] button. This is great because when this is clicked you can select "Track this topic" right there at the bottom so you don't have to scroll all the way up to the top of the post to track a topic!

Guest Paul [MVP]

I am going to create a 'site news' section to join the other news sections... another logical improvement I hope ;)

P

Guest yoos
I am going to create a 'site news' section to join the other news sections... another logical improvement I hope ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That will definitely be a good improvement, please do the same for software! ;-)

Guest Paul [MVP]

Yoos, I think the 'Fast Reply Open' thing is an option in your profile?

It doesn't seem to work correctly on Opera tho...

P

Guest nedge2k

What have you done? :shock:

All the crap from the portal is now intergrated into the forum index and sub-forums!?

/me officially doesnt like it ;)

[edit]

im also noticing the forum re-freshing by itself (it one of my tabs in firefox)

Edited by nedge2k

Guest TigerNet

...if you are referring to all the stuff on the left hand side, I agree...is there a way to get rid of it???

Cheers

Nick

Guest Chaser81

Ugh! I got pished last night and I cant cope with all this stuff on the left today, its all gone hazey!! I need to lay down! :-(

Guest Paul [MVP]

I have tweaked how this appears now... the sidebar is smaller, and does not appear at all for MoDaCo Plus members in topics.

Of course, non MoDaCo Plus members have had a sidebar for a while containing ads, now it is just more useful ;)

P

Guest martin

I think the side bar has it's use but I'm not sure about it being a lighter colour than the main forums. I think it would be better if all the side bar windows had the same darker tone. IMO

Guest nedge2k
I have tweaked how this appears now... the sidebar is smaller, and does not appear at all for MoDaCo Plus members in topics.

Of course, non MoDaCo Plus members have had a sidebar for a while containing ads, now it is just more useful ;)

P

So we're still stuck with it in the the index? :cry:

Any chance of having the option to remove it completely in our profiles?

Guest peekie

;) ;) :P My pocketpc phone cant load modaco anymore :shock: when i go to click on login the browser crashes , this only happpems on modaco....

Guest TigerNet
So we're still stuck with it in the the index?  :cry:

Any chance of having the option to remove it completely in our profiles?

...agree...me no like...

;)

...if it stays though I'm sure I'll get used to it...

Cheers

Nick

Guest Confucious

I'm quite happy with it in the index, I think that's quite a good compromise as it is useful, it was just a pain when it was on every page. It's difficult to please everyone, we all want different things (that's why we own SmartPhones, so we can customise them ;) ).

Paul, you'll never please all of us but keep up the good work. Maybe an option like nedge suggested will please more people. You're doing a good joband we do all appreciate it (well I do and I'm sure I'm not the only one!). It must seem that you can't get it right at times but that's because, like I say, you'll never please everyone and if these are the only complaints you're getting you must be doing something right!

=D> =D> =D> =D>

Guest nedge2k

Ditto ;)

Although the random re-fresh thing is getting to me. Was in the middle of posting something, went to get some coke from the fridge...and it had gone when i got back ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.