AT&T Audiovox SMT5600, Cingular ROM/Branding

Guest yankee516

Guest HKBoySiR

Woohoo!!! Success!! Glad it worked for you guys. Sorry I couldn't test it out myself first, but I appreciate the many willing beta testers out there.

Guest Cylon

psdwrite does not work... What am I doing wrong?

DISREGARD...

It worked fine (once I downloaded the utilities). Works great on the phone: Internet, calling.. all works fine. Now to reload with sprite.

Just to ask, I don't need to re-unlock my phone now, do I?

Thanks

Cylon

Guest HKBoySiR
psdwrite does not work...  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Cylon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's the error message you get? Have you tried the winhex method mentioned a few posts back?

Guest DarkJedi
What's the error message you get? Have you tried the winhex method mentioned a few posts back?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok well i bought a memory card reader that reads mini SD, so hopefully i'll be able to get this to work.

Guest Cylon
ok well i bought a memory card reader that reads mini SD, so hopefully i'll be able to get this to work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't right now think of why I want it... but does anyone have a copy of the old ATT ROM? I want to keep it just in case. YES, I did the rom swap without backing up my old one... shame on me...

Cylon

Guest HKBoySiR

Ok well, may be its a bit ambitious, but anyone know if its possible to convert this file into a standard .nbf rom file?

Guest Disco Stu

Can I caution you guys that posting ROMs on here is forbidden by the rules.

Asking other members to share their own backup copies is a definite no-no.

Everyone who posted in this thread; give yourselves a slap on the wrist.

Guest coyspiracy

whatever. the person who backed up and distributed the rom clearly payed for the phone. therefore, he has the right to do whatever he wants to do with it..keep doing what you're doing and convert it to an .nbf file!!!..haha

Guest jenya

the moderator has a point... just distribute the files outside of the threads so the site isnt held responsible... but giving advice as to how to restore or a rip a rom is what this post is really about... just PM the people who are giving advice..maybe they can hook all of u up ;)

Guest Disco Stu
whatever. the person who backed up and distributed the rom clearly payed for the phone. therefore, he has the right to do whatever he wants to do with it..keep doing what you're doing and convert it to an .nbf file!!!..haha

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What his 'rights' may or may not be is irrelevant.

I was talking about forum rules.

Guest DarkJedi

so it's ok to post roms that companies put out, but not ok to get the rom of a phone to help other people out?? especially when the other phone is no longer made by the company who first put it out?? that's a little gray area there....

Guest Disco Stu

You can post links to official download sites (operator or manufacturer) but not upload the software itself.

Legal grey areas I can't comment on. Forum rules I can.

We have rules here. I have to make sure members abide by them.

I'm sympathetic, believe me, but the rules are the rules.

What you do elsewhere I couldn't care less about. ;)

Guest awarner [MVP]
now let me ask why its a forum rule when there's nothing illegal in it?  and if u guys think it's illegal, why???

Unless the ROM is publically available which Orange do, asking for someones backup of say the Imate ROM is ilegal unless you actually own an Imate phone.

If you did own an Imate phone then using someone elses ROM would be pointless as you would already have access to the ROM via Imate's site.

As for those asking to borrow others IMEI to log into Imates site, you would be obtaining the ROM by deception.

@ coyspiracy

You may have bought the phone but you have not bought the actual operating system, all you have done is bought a licence to use the software on the phone and not the right to distrubute it in any way.

Bottom line sharing ROMs or giving links to direct downloads (unless it is to publically available sites) will not be tolerated. I have instructed all moderators to take a zero tolerance regarding ilegal ROMs distrubution.