New Audi A6 Bluetooth car Kit?

Guest dh

About to buy a new Audi A6 ;) , and I've noticed that there is an optional extra, intergrated bluetooth car kit. Getting this would mean that I don't have to get my screwdrivers out and wreak to interior.

Anyone any idea if this kit would work with the C500?

From what I can find out there are only a few phones certified by Audi at the moment.

Guest pete_thomson
Here's hoping, big waste of 400 quid if it doesn't!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it works fantastically in the Audi.

What model Audi do you have, I've spoken to an Audi dealership today who have an upto date list, which doesn't include the SPV C500, they are going to speak to Audi directly, not that I hold much hope in getting a firm answer.

What model Audi do you have, I've spoken to an Audi dealership today  who have an upto date list, which doesn't include the SPV C500, they are going to speak to Audi directly, not that I hold much hope in getting a firm answer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure if this applies to UK/European models but on Audiworld.com forum there is an unoffical bluetooth list.

http://forums.audiworld.com/c6a6/msgs/6715.phtml

Sadly the SPV is not mentioned but you could always post and ask if someone has a Audiovox SMT5600 / Cingular.

My folks have just ordered an A6 3.0TDI Avant but they would not go for the bluetooth option ;)

Handsfree car kit with mic and speaker, radio mute etc.

Similar to the Parrot bluetooth car kit, without the need to install and break things.

Thats as I understand

Guest extravagant
Handsfree car kit with mic and speaker, radio mute etc.

Similar to the Parrot bluetooth car kit, without the need to install and break things.

Thats as I understand

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh ok, thx for clearing it up !

Not sure if this applies to UK/European models but on Audiworld.com forum there is an unoffical bluetooth list.

http://forums.audiworld.com/c6a6/msgs/6715.phtml

Sadly the SPV is not mentioned but you could always post and ask if someone has a Audiovox SMT5600 / Cingular.

My folks have just ordered an A6 3.0TDI Avant but they would not go for the bluetooth option ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the site, been looking around there in the last couple of days, the thread you list has absolutely no mention of any smartphones, not looking too good :D

Guest pete_thomson
What model Audi do you have, I've spoken to an Audi dealership today  who have an upto date list, which doesn't include the SPV C500, they are going to speak to Audi directly, not that I hold much hope in getting a firm answer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was the A3 Sport 2.0 TDI. It also worked with the Nokia 6230 very well too.

If you dont get a firm answer, ring Audi UK direct in Milton Keynes on 0800 699888. They are very helpful. (However, I used to work there too)

Edited by pete_thomson

Guest littledaz

dh

I work at an Audi dealership and own an SPV C500.

I tried my C500 in a new A6 (2005 model) with bluetooth and wasn't impressed.

The C500 pairs successfully.

You can dial out and make a call from the MMI (A6 MultiMediaInterface) by dialling the number on the MMI system or using a phone book entry stored within it.

The connection was successful but the recipient said I sounded as if I was in a 'baked bean can', although I could hear him OK.

If you try to dial out by using the phone itself, it dials and connects but does not communicate through the bluetooth and worse still the phone earpiece is silent.

I can confirm that the C500 is not on the list of compatible phones. Also, the A3 phone preparation is different to the A6. (A3 is the same as A4, A6 is the same as A8).

My conclusion is that the C500 will work with your new A6 although the quality seems poor and will have very limited functions.

I hope this helps you

Daz.

Thanks it does help.

My audi dealership has been told that the bluetooth element is there to enable comunication between the aerial and the MMI.

He also mentioned that there are cradles available but probably not for the SPV

Guest pete_thomson
Hmmm, maybe I should ask Audi UK to give me a car for review. An S4 would be nice ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

S4 convertible - been there, done that - should have seen my face!

(Shame it was only for lunchtime :-( )

Hmmm, maybe I should ask Audi UK to give me a car for review. An S4 would be nice ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How's about getting Audi UK to support the MS smartphone, seems they don't at the mo :cry:

You could offer to do the field testing 8)

Had a go in the A6 with bluetooth yesterday, paired the c500 ok, but couldn't initiate a call from the phone. I could call using the mmi by entering the phone number manually. Wasn't able to transfer contacts either.

I did see the updated list of phones, there was a lot of nokia's, might have to get one to leave in the car, not ideal.

Seems Audi have some work to do.

... just to confirm littledaz's post.

Edited by dh