mpx220 insurance

Guest jmun2098

Guest jmun2098

ive read on other posts that cingular doesnt offer insurance on the mpx220 ?? but i ordered insurance with my phone and they didnt say anything about no insurance being offered on this phone?.....does anybody else have insurance on their cingular mpx220? or am i paying for nothing? can someone respond with their experience on getting insurance for their mpx220 before i call cingular....

Guest bills1974
ive read on other posts that cingular doesnt offer insurance on the mpx220 ?? but i ordered insurance with my phone and they didnt say anything about no insurance being offered on this phone?.....does anybody else have insurance on their cingular mpx220? or am i paying for nothing? can someone respond with their experience on getting insurance for their mpx220 before i call cingular....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know, but they offered the insurance to me and I purchased it with the mpx220 about 4-5 months ago...please post if you find out the answer, I'm curious now...

Guest jmun2098

yeah, ive read that people were getting screwed when they lost their phone...once they called, cingular said that they shouldnt have had insurance on the phone to begin with because that phone is not covered by insurance and neither is the razr....so they refunded their insurance payments...i know for sure that the razr is not covered because my friend has it and they wouldnt give it to him......im going to call today and find out....but if anybody knows otherwise please post...

Guest mgrosh
yeah, ive read that people were getting screwed when they lost their phone...once they called, cingular said that they shouldnt have had insurance on the phone to begin with because that phone is not covered by insurance and neither is the razr....so they refunded their insurance payments...i know for sure that the razr is not covered because my friend has it and they wouldnt give it to him......im going to call today and find out....but if anybody knows otherwise please post...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i was also told that i could not buy insurance on my MPX220... Someting about the insurance does not cover the phones that are also used as handhelds.

Guest jmun2098

thats why i dont understand.....how come some people were denied insurance and others were not......the only thing i could think of is that when the phone first came out they didnt offer it due to the price but once the price came down recently they offered it???? ...anybody else have problems with insurance on their mpx220

Guest weffner
thats why i dont understand.....how come some people were denied insurance and others were not......the only thing i could think of is that when the phone first came out they didnt offer it due to the price but once the price came down recently they offered it???? ...anybody else have problems with insurance on their mpx220

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have insurance on mine that I bought from Best Buy on October 9. When I was in a Cingular office a month ago the Cingular rep was looking at my statements and noted that they were not supposed to sell insurance on the MPX220. I still have the insurance and will continue to pay. If they refuse a claim I would ask why they let me pay for all this time and demand that they make good on it.

Guest 4x4cherokee

When I went to get service on my 220 the lady behind the counter said "Well no insurance is offered on this model because it is too expensive".

Guest ThaMATRiX
When I went to get service on my 220 the lady behind the counter said "Well no insurance is offered on this model because it is too expensive".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my friend who owns 5 cingular stores says there is no insurance on all smartphones, the razr, and a few other high risk phones.

basically what this means is... you break it and your screwed.

Guest omega2008
my friend who owns 5 cingular stores says there is no insurance on all smartphones, the razr, and a few other high risk phones.

basically what this means is... you break it and your screwed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Call Lockline and ask a rep for yourself...they will tell you that they DO NOT insure the MPx 220. If you have it on your account then you are paying for nothing. I had it on my account and once lockline told me they don't insure it and got the rep at lockline to tell the rep at Cingular CS this they took it off and gave me a refund for all the months I had it on my bill.

Guest jahshalom

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi...I have firsthand experience in this one. I purchased three MPX220 phones the day after thanksgiving. They sold me insurance through cingular (administered by lockline) In March when my son ran his phone thru the laundry, I called to get it replaced. SURPRISE...they informed me it was not insured. Even after paying four months of premiums...they denighed the claim.

I went round and round with lockline & cingular and finally got a C.S. manager who told me he would get my phone replaced. They refunded the premiums on all the phones and he told me to contact him through customer service in Mississippi after I go to Best buy and tell them to bill cingular for the replacement phone. Then best buy said....NO we don't do that...you must get cingular to do it. Then when I tried to contact the manager I spoke to at cingular...I CAN'T! He won't return my calls and he DID NOT write his promise of replacement in the file on my account.

Everyone else I spoke to at cingular has told me Best buy is an independant dealer and they should not have sold me the insurance...Then best buy sayes cingular did not tell them not to sell the insurance...It has been one big run around. The bottom line is that there is no insurance. And if you did not purchase the 40$ Best buy insurance with the phone purchase, it is too late to get it....The bottom line is...we are screwed!

Guest bills1974

Just got off the phone with Cingular. Basically, the phone is definately not insured and what they had done was automatically taken the insurance off of my plan a couple months ago and after speaking with the rep and them going back, they had no problem refunding me for the previous months they had charged. My recommendation would be to make sure it's not on your account and if it is, have it taken off and get a refund...

Guest skippythenurse

This might be pointless to the conversation since I already had a Cingular account with a Motorola V551 when I bought my MPx220 at the cingular store but....I was able to get "insurance" on my MPx220. The way its going to work is that when my phone breaks or gets stolen, I will just get a V551 again. Hey...to me that's better than no phone at all! The way I figured is that if that happens, I'll just turn around and sell that V551 and put it towards buying myself another MPx220 or whatever smartphone is available at the time (that AnexTEK's moboDA 3360 looks interesting). HEHEHEHE. Take care.

Edited by skippythenurse