GotW: Virtual Pool Mobile

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

GotW: Virtual Pool Mobile

This week's 'Game of the Week' is Virtual Pool Mobile, a very impressive game available on both Pocket PC and Smartphone!

shot5.jpgshot8.jpg

A 'Microsoft Mobile2Market!' competition winner... i'm an admirer of the game, and thought i'd ask Celeris to speak to MoDaCo!

Hi and thanks for speaking to MoDaCo! Please introduce yourself!

My name is Steve Chaplin, President of Celeris Inc, and one of the people involved with the design and implementation of Virtual Pool.

Describe Virtual Pool Mobile in your own words

Virtual Pool Mobile is a pool simulation game for mobile device and captures the essence of our Virtual Pool line of products for PC and game consoles.  The phyics simulation and graphics give you the feel and skill requirements of playing on a real pool table.

What makes Virual Pool Mobile worth buying above other Smartphone games?

Virtual Pool Mobile is worth buying because of the great game play. The Career mode gives VPM depth of play and it works well on a phone because you can start and stop at any time.  It is also easy to play and can be operated  with a single hand. The simulation and graphics are second to no other pool game on the market. Some of our customer feedback may do a better job of pointing out why to buy VPM:

"I love this game more than any other cell phone game that exists! The balls roll just like they really would on a real table. Forget top view pool games, get the king of pool simulators called Virtual Pool Mobile. You will not regret it!"

What can we expect to see next from Celeris?

We are planning other simulations with the same high quality and depth of play. Our goal is to expand the type of experience a consumer can recieve on a mobile device in areas of causual gaming.

Head over to the Virtual Pool Mobile Home Page to find out more!

P

Guest mike-oh

Everyone should at least try the demo for this, it is really good, especially on PPC. It lends itself very well to a stylus with which you almost use a real cueing action!

Guest Seraphic
It looks nice and slick! But sadly why can't there be free games  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some games are worth buying...

Guest atonks
Some games are worth buying...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And this is definitely a game worth buying.

I've got it on PPC and Smartphone (C500) and strangely, I actually prefer playing it on my C500. It took a while to get used to the controls, but I can now control it very well using one hand. (Which is very useful during ciggy breaks at work ;) )

If you want a game to make your phone look SO much better than anything else, this is it.

Try the demo, you'll love it.

Guest Disco Stu

It looks and sounds so gorgeous on the PPC and playing it is wonderful. I've been addicted to it ever since it came out and few other games get a look-in.

As mentioned above, Smartphone version is better for office fag-breaks. Got my first dent in my Jam when ciggy burnt down to fingers whilst cueing. (No sympathy expected :D )

Also, Celeris support is good.

;)

Guest mattlacey

I bought this after playing the demo for 5 minutes and it's by far the most played game on my phone - it's really damned good ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest hoopmaster51890

This game is amazing, the graphics are killer, and the tables and surroundings look very realistic... awesome game :)

Guest Disco Stu

I agree with you and I'm even playing it now as I wait for the pages to load.

Whether Smartphone or PPC version, I haven't stopped playing it since it was released. The only game that comes close is Pocket Minigolf but I haven't played that for ages.

I agree with you and I'm even playing it now as I wait for the pages to load.

Whether Smartphone or PPC version, I haven't stopped playing it since it was released. The only game that comes close is Pocket Minigolf but I haven't played that for ages.

I agree too. Also just discovered by accident that with the new hard keys on the htc prophet you can just about play the ppc version one-handed too.

Guest scottb

I must agree--this is a great game. I've been using it since the original Smartphone release (beta tested it) and it's been on every WM device, including my old PPC.

Guest mcwarre

Is it me or is there not a lot similar (not pool games, I mean quality) products??? Any games of equivalent (or near) excellence please post

• 8 months later...