• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

mbuwalda

mbuwalda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500
After installing the new QTEK ROM on my Smartphone, I had the same problem. I could not copy the T9DutchLdb.dll from my pc onto my Smartphone.
And with SmartIone I could not change the register on the Smartphone.

I have found the next solution:
- Connect your Smartphone to your pc with Active-Sync
- Start SmartIone (I have version 1.4.1.0)
- In the menu of SmartIone select file-security-unlock
- Check your SmartPhone screen.

After this you can edit your register and copy .dll-files to your Smartphone! ;)

Edited by mbuwalda, 05 June 2005 - 01:23 PM.

louisc

louisc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Great post !!!
This upgrade is just what I was looking for ;)

This may help you finding the microsoft code for your language :
http://www.microsoft...xp/langtla.mspx

lynxlynx

lynxlynx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Great post !!!
This upgrade is just what I was looking for  ;)

This may help you finding the microsoft code for your language :
http://www.microsoft...xp/langtla.mspx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK I have a problem...I used the upgrade and all looked fine..have 1 8010 orig qtek (unlocked) and after the upgrade the proggie I use for getting a certificate onto mu phone stopped working!
what was in the service pack from MS???
did do any thing major to any system? or file structure??

balaaan

balaaan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Orange SPV-C500

After installing the new QTEK ROM on my Smartphone, I had the same problem. I could not copy the T9DutchLdb.dll from my pc onto my Smartphone.
And with SmartIone I could not change the register on the Smartphone.

I have found the next solution:
- Connect your Smartphone to your pc with Active-Sync
- Start SmartIone (I have version 1.4.1.0)
- In the menu of SmartIone select file-security-unlock
- Check your SmartPhone screen.

After this you can edit your register and copy .dll-files to your Smartphone!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, you just made my day!!! :D/ Didn't know that this app existed.. It's simply amazing!!!

Thanks a lot ;)

shaowniq

shaowniq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:SDA Eurotel
Hi,

sorry if this is stupid, i need help. How can I make backup of my actual ROM and how to restore it back to phone ?
I have SDA Eurotel, in canary mode it says this:

Typhoon
IPL 1.00

Typhoon
SPL 1.01.0136

I tried the new Qtek 8010 ROM but it said that this ROM is not for my
device, i thought i have HTC Typhoon how it says in Canary mode screen.

Please help me, i need to know how to backup/restore my ROM and which
device is identical to mine, which new ROM can I use, because my operator
is unable to release new ROMs

please reply me, i will be thankful

shaowniq

e-mail: [email protected]
devices (chrono): Ericsson T10 - Ericsson R320 - Ericsson T65 - SonyEricsson T610 - SonyEricsson T630 >[u]Eurotel SDA / HTC Sonata

celica1.8st

celica1.8st

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:spv c500
Can anyone confirm if Tomtom works or not with this ROM. Having spent over £100 getting Tomtom, I don't want to lose the ability to use it by putting this ROM on!!

Rajkay

Rajkay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Can anyone confirm if Tomtom works or not with this ROM. Having spent over £100 getting Tomtom, I don't want to lose the ability to use it by putting this ROM on!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really AVOID putting this rom on at all costs...I should know, coz like an idiot i did thinking the grass would be greener! Tomtom apparently doesn't work (see spv developers forum) and i've have found only 2 improvements, mainly wm10 is better than the french rom at moving between tracks and the MMS client (which I can't send anything on) is a big improvement over the orange version. However, its slow as hell, randomly connects to gprs and doesnt auto disconnect, you can't answer phone calls........and so on.....oh and worse of all you can't actually take this junk off at the moment...i'd happily go back to the uk/french roms if I could ;)

Guest_E_hekhuizen_*

Guest_E_hekhuizen_*
  • Guests

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tomtom DOES work on this ROM, i'm running tomtom mobile 5 with my rikaline bt-gps receiver, all you have to do is add your gps reciever, and then (in stead of bt-serial setup) go to your blutooth settings, select menu (right softkey), COM ports, New outgoing port, choose your GPS reciever (first pair your device), set it to work as "COM7" and select the "secure connection" option

then run tomtom (in version 5 you might have to select that you aren't using the official tomtom GPS..) and erveryting should work...

good luck!

E.

celica1.8st

celica1.8st

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Really AVOID putting this rom on at all costs...I should know, coz like an idiot i did thinking the grass would be greener! Tomtom apparently doesn't work (see spv developers forum) and i've have found only 2 improvements, mainly wm10 is better than the french rom at moving between tracks and the MMS client (which I can't send anything on) is a big improvement over the orange version. However, its slow as hell, randomly connects to gprs and doesnt auto disconnect, you can't answer phone calls........and so on.....oh and worse of all you can't actually take this junk off at the moment...i'd happily go back to the uk/french roms if I could ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've not heard of anyone else with such complaints - anyone else suffered from the same problems??

I don't use MMS so that doesn't bother me, but I do want WMP10

Tomtom DOES work on this ROM, i'm running tomtom mobile 5 with my rikaline bt-gps receiver, all you have to do is add your gps reciever, and then (in stead of bt-serial setup) go to your blutooth settings, select menu (right softkey), COM ports, New outgoing port, choose your GPS reciever (first pair your device), set it to work as "COM7" and select the "secure connection" option

then run tomtom (in version 5 you might have to select that you aren't using the official tomtom GPS..) and erveryting should work...

good luck!

E.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you try tomtom 4 on it? I haven't had tomtom that long and don't fancy paying yet to have the new version!

Guest_E_hekhuizen_*

Guest_E_hekhuizen_*
  • Guests

I've not heard of anyone else with such complaints - anyone else suffered from the same problems??

I don't use MMS so that doesn't bother me, but I do want WMP10
Did you try tomtom 4 on it? I haven't had tomtom that long and don't fancy paying yet to have the new version!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no, sorry, only tried tomtom 5... and can't try tomtom 4 because of the registration issues... (can only install once.. don't wat to risk having to pay again ;) )

celica1.8st

celica1.8st

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Well I think I'll brave it! The only thing putting me off is the inability to change to a different ROM afterwards but I'm sure someone will sort that out. If all goes wrong and I'm stuck with it and Tomtom won't work then I'll swap it with my wifes as she doesn't use tomtom

ElGato65

ElGato65

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500 + C600

Well I think I'll brave it! The only thing putting me off is the inability to change to a different ROM afterwards but I'm sure someone will sort that out. If all goes wrong and I'm stuck with it and Tomtom won't work then I'll swap it with my wifes as she doesn't use tomtom

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my experience, as long as your device is IMEI unlocked then just run the update as normal. I have switched between so many ROM's. Ultimately gone back to OrangeUK 4.1.1.4 as I wanted a working TT4, and can live without WMP10.

That cat's something I can't explain.

Posted Image

wuwuwu

wuwuwu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
TomTom 4 don't work with this rom ;) :D ;) :D

artistul

artistul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
hi! i just installed the qtek rom and till now it works fine ;)

SPVC500VN

SPVC500VN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500
I don't know why when I up rom QTek 8010 on SPV C500 my phone in the fist time ben
to log on have message : sim vaild or missing, and next message Data crashed ... :x :x :x :x :x :x

eikie

eikie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:c500
Updated it, TTM5 works, allthough getting it to "see" my RBT1000 GPS proved to be a bit more difficult than with the previous ROM/and TTM4 (problems could well be with TTM5).

Only problems are not able to send MMS(??!!) and having that annoying cleartype...

But TTM 4 and 5 do work...

jamesrich

jamesrich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
So let me get this straight, receiving MMS works, only sending doesn't work?

Has anyone managed to send out using this firmware?

Edited by jamesrich, 08 June 2005 - 05:37 PM.

jakobdam

jakobdam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Taekwondo, photographing, IT in general - specialized in 2D/3D graphics and web coding.<br /><br />See also www.vildmedmobil.dk and www.fotostart.dk
  • Devices:QTek 8310
jamesrich >

Yes, I can send as well as receive MMS with this firmware - but I had problem receiving (but not sending) MMS with the older french Orange ROM.

"A lot of what we call 'management' is about making work more complicated and hard for people to understand"

eikie

eikie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:c500

Only problems are not able to send MMS(??!!) and having that annoying cleartype...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just an update, for some reason sending MMS is working... (when orange tells you it will take 30 minutes for the system to accept MMS from your phone, it takes 2 days before it actually works)

So all works, TTM and MMS, now still have to get rid of that damn cleartype

edhunter

edhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500; MPX220
unfortly this update is not working on my c500 i have the French rom i already downgrade to a previous UK rom whit typhoonNbftool but still geave me the same error "DATA CRASHES" well think i will keep this rom until some one discover something to hack the c500

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sorry for my English

Edited by edhunter, 12 June 2005 - 11:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users