EVERYONE POST ur HOMESCREENS!

Guest extravagant

Guest lopezpm
Here's mine... I like to keep it simple and let Facade show take up most of the space :)

Where can I download this one? That's nice.

Dammit the picture didn't show up again.

Edited by lopezpm

Guest HeyBuddy

Hey sracer -- your homescreens are tight -- can you post some of them? Granted, crazyfrog might not be the best idea... but the others are nice! :)

Guest theyell4

ss041.jpg

what do y'all think?

i might change the bg and make it a bit smaller so that it isnt intruded on as much - also:

i) i was guna use that cool plugin that scrolls thru appointments, (PtkslAppt - by Patrick Trent Sullivan), but it always had these diagonal lines in the bg on the plugin that kinda ruin the look - does anyone know how to get rid of them? i tried setting all of the color variables i could to transparent, but nothing worked. i was using the trial version.

ii) and, is there a translucent bg color option for plugins? see the bottom plugin on my homescreen - i had to edit the bg image to get that see thru effect, but is there a way of doing that using the plugins themselves?, for example, when you select that plugin, it's background changes to be 50% see thru or something?

cheers guys!

Jon

Guest pavankp

Here is my current homescreen. Low on pictures/graphics, high on text.

post-142759-1149494972_thumb.jpg

I use RJTime plugin to show times in three different places -- current timezone, India and Singapore. I like to see current time in a large font.

I use the Orange plugin to display the profile, wifi status and operator on the same line. I use the same plugin later on to display missed calls, SMS and voice messages on one line, and two email accounts on another line.

post-142759-1149495137_thumb.jpg

I have about 10 icons on the Facade programs tab, but I like to show then in large icon format, so I can see only half of them at a time.

post-142759-1149495125_thumb.jpg

I use Fizz Traveller for weather updates and alarms. I have a couple of complaints with this plugin though: one, it cannot be resized; two, it has a bug in its max/min temperature display -- always shows the same values for both.

I have recently started using Fightersoft MTS and I have that application's plugin on my homescreen. It shows a description for my current cell.

I use SmartMonitor to display remaining values of battery, memory and storage. I used to have icons here instead of text, but I like to change my color schemes often (but keep the same homescreen XML) and text is more consistent across different color schemes.

The background and color scheme are the i-mate SP5 standard.

Guest flodis79
I use RJTime plugin to show times in three different places -- current timezone, India and Singapore. I like to see current time in a large font.

I use the Orange plugin to display the profile, wifi status and operator on the same line. I use the same plugin later on to display missed calls, SMS and voice messages on one line, and two email accounts on another line.

I have recently started using Fightersoft MTS and I have that application's plugin on my homescreen. It shows a description for my current cell.

Wonderful homescreen!

RJTime: How do you put different timezones, what xml code is it?

Orange plugin: Is it this plugin that lets you divide your email accounts in Outlook and Gmail?

Can this be done even on a Qtek 8310?

Fightersoft: Do you get the correct cell information displayed? With the cellprofileswitcher, by

the same guy behind maniac keylock, I get only 0-0-0-0 on the homescreen when putting LAC,

etc, in the plugin code and dashes between them. Will Fightersoft work better?

Guest pavankp
Wonderful homescreen!

RJTime: How do you put different timezones, what xml code is it?

The RJTime XML looks like this:

<plugin clsid="{AAEC6C66-F860-4513-8966-1FE9FA678987}" height="36">

<label>

<timeString format="h:mm" timebase="system" offset="5.5"/>

<timeString format="t 'HYD' " timebase="system" offset="5.5"/>

</label>

</plugin>
This XML displays the time in India, with a one-letter AM/PM suffix. Here is a link that might work: RJTime read-me documentation.
Orange plugin: Is it this plugin that lets you divide your email accounts in Outlook and Gmail? Can this be done even on a Qtek 8310?
The Orange plugin lets me have counters for missed calls, SMS and voice messages all on one line, but still select them individually (and when you click them, you go to the correct application.) It is technically possible to have this running on the 8310 -- I have it running on an i-mate SP5. But I believe there are legal issues around sharing the plugin files, so I can't post them here. If you ever owned an Orange smartphone that had the 4orangeh.dll in it, you can put it on your 8310 and get going. If you did not, but really really want it, you can search around on the developer forums and you might find it. If you do end up getting it, and need XML help with that plugin, I can help with that because I had to spend a lot of time learning how to use that thing:). Displaying the email accounts separately is very much possible on the 8310. The messaging plugin I use allows it. Here is the XML code:
<plugin clsid="{8486CC1E-025B-4888-9C76-048DF7C1787D}" name="msgcount2" height="17" autoheight="false">

<background>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT"/>

</background>

<mail account="activesync"/>

</plugin>

<plugin clsid="{8486CC1E-025B-4888-9C76-048DF7C1787D}" name="msgcount2" height="17" autoheight="false">

<background>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT"/>

</background>

<mail account="others"/>

</plugin>

The "others" account displays new mail in any POP3/IMAP account.

Fightersoft: Do you get the correct cell information displayed? With the cellprofileswitcher, by

the same guy behind maniac keylock, I get only 0-0-0-0 on the homescreen when putting LAC,

etc, in the plugin code and dashes between them. Will Fightersoft work better?

I tried CellProfileSwitcher before and had the same problem. Now I do have MTS working. But the big difference is that I tried harder to get MTS working:). When I first installed MTS, I had the same 0-0 problem. I just followed the instructions that the MTS developer provided: how to de-cert your phone for MTS. After doing this, MTS works great. If you were to follow these de-cert instructions, I have a feeling CPS might start working for you.

In terms of features, these two applications are quite different: MTS is a group effort to build a database of cell locations; as far as I understand, CPS lets you do stuff automatically when you enter or leave a cell.

Guest flodis79
I tried CellProfileSwitcher before and had the same problem. Now I do have MTS working. But the big difference is that I tried harder to get MTS working:). When I first installed MTS, I had the same 0-0 problem. I just followed the instructions that the MTS developer provided: how to de-cert your phone for MTS. After doing this, MTS works great. If you were to follow these de-cert instructions, I have a feeling CPS might start working for you.

In terms of features, these two applications are quite different: MTS is a group effort to build a database of cell locations; as far as I understand, CPS lets you do stuff automatically when you enter or leave a cell.

Thanks for this. I will try CPS again, after decertifying. A stupid question, but should I follow the instructions for C500 or C600 on my Qtek 8310? Thanks!

Guest pavankp
Thanks for this. I will try CPS again, after decertifying. A stupid question, but should I follow the instructions for C500 or C600 on my Qtek 8310? Thanks!

I think the C600 instructions should work for you.

Guest flodis79

Pavan:

I laborated a bit with rjtime, and it seems that you cannot font colour from black. I want it in black. Also the font size doesn't change when i put the font-size command.. Have you tried this?

Guest pavankp
Pavan:

I laborated a bit with rjtime, and it seems that you cannot font colour from black. I want it in black. Also the font size doesn't change when i put the font-size command.. Have you tried this?

Actually I am able to change both font-size and color. Here my whole RJTime plugin XML:

<plugin clsid="{AAEC6C66-F860-4513-8966-1FE9FA678987}" height="36">

<background b-border-color="COLOR_HOMERULE" b-border-width="0"

/>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" fgcolor="COLOR_STATICTEXT"/>

<label x="-4" y="0" halign="left" w="200">

<format state="selected" fgcolor="COLOR_STATICTEXT"/>

<dateString fgcolor="COLOR_STATICTEXT" font-size="48" 

format="					   "/>

</label>

<label x="201" y="0" halign="left" w="200" >

<dateString fgcolor="COLOR_STATICTEXT" font-size="48" 

format="					   "/>

</label>

<label x="0" y="0" halign="left">

<dateString fgcolor="COLOR_STATICTEXT" font-size="18" 

format="ddd MMM d, yyyy"/>

</label>

<label x="0" y="18" halign="left">

<format state="selected" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMERULE"/>

<timeString fgcolor="COLOR_STATICTEXT" font-size="16" 

format="h:mm" timebase="system" offset="5.5"/>

font-weight="normal" format="t 'HYD' " 

timebase="system" offset="5.5"/>

format="|"/>

font-weight="normal" format=" "/>

format="h:mm" timebase="system" offset="8"/>

font-weight="normal" format="t 'SIN'" 

timebase="system" offset="8"/>

</label>

<label x="100" y="-6" halign="right">

<timeString fgcolor="COLOR_STATICTEXT" font-size="48" 

format="h:mm"/> 

<timeString fgcolor="COLOR_STATICTEXT" font-size="24" 

format="   "/> 

</label>

<label x="100" y="14" halign="right">

<timeString fgcolor="COLOR_STATICTEXT" font-size="24" 

format="t"/> 

</label>

</plugin>

I remember the fgcolor attribute was not effective if used on the label element. But it does work on the timeString and dateString elements.

I like to use different color schemes with the same homescreen, so I haven't hard-coded any color in there. But if you want black, you can put it as the fgcolor, and it should work.

Pavan

Guest Zedbrave

Hi there.

I cycle between these two themes i made recently..

ok they are also my first ones :)

so take a look

Kate Beckinsale:

gallery_178653_40_6949.jpg

Kristanna Loken:

gallery_178653_40_9839.jpg

Cheers

Zed

Edited by Zedbrave

Guest flodis79
I remember the fgcolor attribute was not effective if used on the label element. But it does work on the timeString and dateString elements.

I like to use different color schemes with the same homescreen, so I haven't hard-coded any color in there. But if you want black, you can put it as the fgcolor, and it should work.

Pavan

Wonderful, thanks it works now! I put the font formatting tags in the wrong place before! :)

Guest flodis79
Her is mine, just finished it..

sfplugin-clean.jpg

Get it Here..

WM5 Version with more functions will be available in a few days..

Willy

I saw this homescreen on a news page for SP news yesterday. It allegedly said that you have to pay for this home screen.. Are you the designer behind it? :)

Guest willy1973
I saw this homescreen on a news page for SP news yesterday. It allegedly said that you have to pay for this home screen.. Are you the designer behind it? :)

Yes I'm the designer/programmer, it does not use any plugins made by other people:), $1.99 well worth it. :)

It even includes an installer:)

I know you guys are not use to people charging for Homescreen plugins, but if you like it.. it's not alot of money:)

..and ofcourse anyone charging money for homescreens can't use other peoples work.

Hope you like it,

Willy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nastassja

how come there are very few animated homescreens? i would love to have one nice homescreen with movement on the background..

• 2 months later...