TotW: Turn off the 'Message Sent' notification

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

TotW: Turn off the 'Message Sent' notification

Thanks to pzee for our last 'Tweak of the Week', and also for spotting this tweak posted in the 'Help and Advice' forum by mharroquejr. ;)

If anyone needs any guidance on editing the registry in order to this tweak, check out any of our previous tweaks in this forum :D

P

This tweak will disable the 'SMS Sent' notification after you have successfully sent an SMS.

Our target registry key 'SMSNoSentMsg' in the following registry parent key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox

And the value required for this key is as follows:

post-1-1117473105_thumb.jpg

As shown above, simply create this string with a value of '1'... and there you go... you're done ;)

P

Guest Mike_MK

Nice little tweak.

Now, does anyone know if there's a way to stop that dreaded beep whenever u access the symbol menu when you're typing a text? drives me up the wall! lol

Guest mharroquejr
Does this disable messages informing you if a message Hasn't been sent successfully as a result?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi hardcore, paul is correct. it wont delete the message notification if your sms failed to go out. for sp2003, you'll receive a msg notification for every sending failure. so dont worry (but not sure for sp2002).. ;)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

I translated the tweak into a CAB file for easy installation (for those who do not want to do manual registry editing) ;)

Download zip attachment, extract contents. Install 'No.SMS.Notif.Tweak.03.CAB' if you have SP2003 device. Restart device for changes to take effect.

To uninstall, use Settings > Remove Programs. Look for 'mharroquejr No Inbox Notification Tweak'. Restart device.

No_Inbox_Notif_Tweak.zip

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Hi JRC.

I opted doing it that way since with an installation file, you have the option to remove the tweak from your phone. Uninstalling the file/tweak will also erase the registry data written by the cab, hence revert back to default configuration. ;)

Guest tsutton
Your cab file add an entry in the "Remove programs" it isn't a provisionning file but an installation file  :cry:

For only provisionning the tweak look this cab :

http://www.mobismart.net/Download/Tweaks/NoSMS.cab

That cab file did not work for me, my phone did not have a 'settings' directory, so it was saved in the root of 'Inbox'

This need to be looked at.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

I think something was missed in the cab

<wap-provisioningdoc>

<characteristic type="Registry">

<characteristic type="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox">   <-------- LOOK HERE

<parm name="SMSNoSentMsg" value="1" datatype="string" />

</characteristic>

</characteristic>

</wap-provisioningdoc>

'Settings' key is missing.

Guest Pagemakers

I am in the US on business and all the text messages I am sending from here fail and just silently go to the drafts folder without warning me that the sms send has failed.

Maybe turning off this notification is not so good after all.

Guest dearsina

Is there a way of making the phone send messages as soon as it receives signals again? Right now, if you attempt to send a message without network reception, the message will fail and just stay in the drafts folder untill you take action manually. A bit silly really, most other phones will automatically send it.

sina

london

Tweak doesn't work for me at all, have entered it manually AND used the CAB file.

Turned phone off and on after both attempts ;)

Guest kuzikan

ok i have been trying to find this TofTW and can not for the life of me find the tree as you stated. all i find is HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Inbox...senddriver....SVC...default. i find no settings or SMSNoSend file. Can someone please help me out?

Guest mharroquejr
I am in the US on business and all the text messages I am sending from here fail and just silently go to the drafts folder without warning me that the sms send has failed.

Maybe turning off this notification is not so good after all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmmm... the failed to send notification will not emit any sounds. only an error screen. maybe it timed out and you failed to see it. you may want to check the time out settings in your phone...

Guest mharroquejr
ok i have been trying to find this TofTW and can not for the life of me find the tree as you stated. all i find is HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Inbox...senddriver....SVC...default. i find no settings or SMSNoSend file. Can someone please help me out?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi kuzikan!

you have to create a new key and name it 'Settings' without the quotes inside in Inbox folder.

then inside the Settings folder, you have to create the 'SMSNoSentMsg' string with value of 1.

now you're done.

• 1 month later...
Guest mkent_barbados
Nice little tweak.

Now, does anyone know if there's a way to stop that dreaded beep whenever u access the symbol menu when you're typing a text? drives me up the wall! lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paul, you said to flash to the new ROM, but I'm on an Imate SP3i with US ROM, no updates out there that I know of...surely this "DOINNK" sound must be in the registry somewhere? Please help, as I can't find it!

• 2 months later...