ATT 5600 Flashed to Cingular

Guest jenya

Guest grinny11

I downgraded WM 5 (the camera sucked to much for me) to the Cingular rom. i like it. not much changed, glad i didn't have to configure my gprs settings. seems that i don't have a problem of connecting to the internet. sometimes the att rom would not allow me to connect. read about that problem in other forums.

• 2 months later...

ok this might shed some light on the case.

here is my story, keep in mind im a cingular user not attws.

1) ATT smt5600, original rom, cingular 32k sim. the fone will lock to cingular network and reception is good. no roaming bar either if cingular network, roaming bar if attws network.

2) ATT smt5600, wm5, cingular 32k sim. the fone will lock to cingular network and reception is good. no roaming bar either if cingular network, roaming bar if attws network.

3) ATT smt5600, wm5, cingular 64k sim, the fone will only lock to ATT. and i c the list of networks that you guys are talking about, with the last entry being cingular, and its unchecked and cannot be checked. the fone will not lock to cingular no matter what i try, wether i chose manual or automatic. hte roaming sign will be there wether im on ATTWS or Cingular network.

from that i understand that, its the sim card. i was stupid to change it from 32k to 64k. will try to return back to 32k. also since im using wm5, there is no branding nor anything, thus what i think happens, is that the sim looks for specific info in the rom, and if they match, then it wont roam. like 64k sim will look for specific info in the cingular rom, thus it wont rom. on any other rom, it wont find that info and it roams.

also, since we all have this list, i believe this list is in the sim and windows mobile opens it up. i used my sim in my old wm2003 mpx, and i had two, cingular and att.

i will try another fone and give it a shot.

any feed back is welcomed. i hate the attws recepetion in my house.

cheerz