SMS LED Alert

Guest duncan888

Guest duncan888

Is there a way to edit the registry to make the LED eg. flash orange when a SMS is recieved and reverts back to normal when a button is pressed on the phone?

It would be nice to have some visual indication of a SMS on the phone if you miss the SMS alert going off.

Guest ronswens

There's no ability to make it flash other color than green, but you can make it flash frequently if there's sms that is not read

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\SMS\Script "pf1w99999f0"

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\Keypress\Script "pf0"

Edited by ronswens

Guest rohinsadh1
There's no ability to make it flash other color than green, but you can make it flash frequently if there's sms that is not read

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GR8 tweak....how can I make the Led blink faster or more often....

Guest ronswens

faster blinking

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\Led\TimeOut=dword:00000001

VoiceMail

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\VoiceMail\Script "pf1w99999f0"

don't forget to cancel blinking after key press:

Guest diavologiallo
what about when you have a voicemail?  Would love to do that!

Thanks...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

..... and for missed calls?

Thanks

Guest danmancs

I cant seem to make this work... in the relevant bit of the registry I have:

Name Data Type Data

Script String pf1w99999f0

is this correct?

ta, Dan.

Edited by danmancs

Guest ronswens

diavologiallo, unfortunately as far as I know there's no a special sound for the missed call so it's impossible to use this method to make LED blink faster :roll:

danmancs, yes, it's correct, check the value of Sound, it is obligatory to use an existing sound file, so the value of Sound can't be *none* or point to non-existent or corrupted sound file

To all, keep in mind that any sound changing through Settings-Sounds will reset Keypress Script to "p", don't forget to correct this value to "pf0", otherwise a LED will blink faster untill the timeout is expired, independly of key presses

Guest ronswens

MrMpx220, download and install free PHM Registry Editor, your phone must be unlocked. It's quite simple to edit the keys and values with this app. However beware of changing the values you don't know about. It can result to complete hanging of your phone.

Guest eikie

Before I start changing things, what exactly do I have to do..

In the HKCU/controlpanel/sounds/sms I have 2 values, Category and sounds. The first says notification and the latter gives me the actual sounds selected for SMS.

Now what do I do to get the LED to blink faster, and what are the results, downsides (do I still get my normal sounds upon recieving the SMS?)

Guest alex_gregory_uk

Love the idea behind this. I have done as you said and it works fine. My only problem is that in doing this the phone loses the vibration alert when a message is received. Have i done something wrong or is it part of getting the light fashing?

Alex

Guest ronswens
Love the idea behind this. I have done as you said and it works fine. My only problem is that in doing this the phone loses the vibration alert when a message is received. Have i done something wrong or is it part of getting the light fashing?

Alex

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alex, "w99999" is actually a timeout that the phone will wait untill it revert usual LED blinking back, so vibrating starts after this timeout. I'm sure it's not really what you need. Just add "v0" in the beginning of Script and you get vibro, sound and LED blinking, so value for

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\SMS\Script

must be "v0pf1w99999f0" in your case

Guest ronswens
In the HKCU/controlpanel/sounds/sms I have 2 values, Category and sounds. The first says notification and the latter gives me the actual sounds selected for SMS.

Now what do I do to get the LED to blink faster, and what are the results, downsides (do I still get my normal sounds upon recieving the SMS?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't experiment with sound categories yet (mostly because of constant reseting them when you change a profile) although I think it's possible to use their Script value also. The way I use is editing Script values in Sounds keys. The clear key pathes were shown in my previous posts.

This tweak does nothing with your usual sms notifications and sounds but adds also LED frequent blinking when you get SMS or VoiceMail

Guest ZeroK66
Is there a way to edit the registry to make the LED eg. flash orange when a SMS is recieved and reverts back to normal when a button is pressed on the phone?

It would be nice to have some visual indication of a SMS on the phone if you miss the SMS alert going off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The xda seems to do this as std, I was disappointed to see the SPV's do not ;) - anyone know how to?

Guest alex_gregory_uk
Alex, "w99999" is actually a timeout that the phone will wait untill it revert usual LED blinking back, so vibrating starts after this timeout. I'm sure it's not really what you need. Just add "v0" in the beginning of Script and you get vibro, sound and LED blinking, so value for

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\SMS\Script

must be "v0pf1w99999f0" in your case

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that, very nearly there!!!! That worked, but the vibrate only goes for about a second, is there anything i can put into the registry to make the vibrate last a little longer?

Regards

Alex

Guest danmancs

well this just does not seem to work on my phone, I have added the script string as described to both sms and keypress entries and the led blinks just as it always does... all that seems to happen is that the keypress noise changes itself from "none" to "beep"

Guest eikie
I didn't experiment with sound categories yet (mostly because of constant reseting them when you change a profile) although I think it's possible to use their Script value also. The way I use is editing Script values in Sounds keys. The clear key pathes were shown in my previous posts.

This tweak does nothing with your usual sms notifications and sounds but adds also LED frequent blinking when you get SMS or VoiceMail

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I'm really confused (happens a lot ;) )

In your earlier post you said this:

If I go to these register keys, (for example the first 1) I have in the key "SMS" 2 values I can alter, namely category and sound.

Do I make another value with the name "script" or something, or do I change the already existing values?

Guest Seraphic

This tweak would be great if:

1. It didnt change my keypad tone from silent to very low.

2. If it didnt slow my phone down and make keypresses sluggish.

Guest ronswens
Thanks for that, very nearly there!!!! That worked, but the vibrate only goes for about a second, is there anything i can put into the registry to make the vibrate last a little longer?

Regards

Alex

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no problem, change "v0" with "v3" for 3 seconds vibro

Guest ronswens
well this just does not seem to work on my phone, I have added the script string as described to both sms and keypress entries and the led blinks just as it always does...  all that seems to happen is that the keypress noise changes itself from "none" to "beep"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what phone do you have?

Guest ronswens
Now I'm really confused (happens a lot ;) )

In your earlier post you said this:

If I go to these register keys, (for example the first 1) I have in the key "SMS" 2 values I can alter, namely category and sound.

Do I make another value with the name "script" or something, or do I change the already existing values?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, probably I didn't get your first post right :oops:

Yes, you should make new string value with the name "Script"