- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

efishta

efishta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I'd just like to add that I upgraded to the latest version of the Cingular ROM yesterday, and I had some trouble with it at first. First the online update utility kept getting stuck in a loop and would write the blocks over and over for over an hour, so after 1 hour I gave up. I turned the phone on and I got an error message stating that the flash was incomplete.

So I went to the local temp folder and I copied the downloaded ROM from Cingular that the online update utility had downloaded previously and I used those files with the offline updater. It completed successfully, but the phone wouldn't save the settings and was experiencing several glitches, etc. so I did another full reset (press power button while holding action key (blue button)) and after that it's been running smoothly.

I have noticed that the memory management is definitely much better. I use xBar 2 and I had internet explorer, a game, mobipocket reader and windows media player running at the same time, semething that I've never been able to do with the previous old ROM. That and the phone does feel faster, and ActiveSync now connects immediately, instead of the hit and miss process that it was before.

I risked screwing up my phone, but now that it's over I'm really happy with it.

Now I just wish Cingular would update it to WM 5.0 but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen...

Paraklas

Paraklas

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Programing (C++, JAVA), Hardware, Software, getting latest mobile phones
  • Devices:Mpx220
What is happening?

"Software Update - Comming Soon"

Is motorola going to release a new firmware???

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nokia 6110 -> Nokia 7250 -> Nokia 6600 -> SPV E200 -> Mpx200 ->SPV C550 & Mpx220

monkeygadge

monkeygadge

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Devices:Touch Dual

Yes although I would definately reccommend you finding the newest european firmware - it is far superior to anything else

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Better than cingular 1.430.0.0???
Which country?

SPVE200>>MPX200>>MPX220>>XDA IQ>>XDA Graphite>>Touch Dual

Paraklas

Paraklas

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Programing (C++, JAVA), Hardware, Software, getting latest mobile phones
Yeah much better;

IMHO, camera is far better, sound quality is better, NO customizations, faster menus.

What do you mean by "What country?"

Posted Image

Nokia 6110 -> Nokia 7250 -> Nokia 6600 -> SPV E200 -> Mpx200 ->SPV C550 & Mpx220

mvsmith07

mvsmith07

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Devices:Motorola MPX220

What is happening?

"Software Update - Comming Soon"

Is motorola going to release a new firmware???

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try this URL instead. My work connection has just blocked me from downloading it, but I'll be downloading when I get home tonight.

http://direct.motoro...twareupdate.asp

mvsmith07

mvsmith07

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Devices:Motorola MPX220

Yeah much better;

IMHO, camera is far better, sound quality is better, NO customizations, faster menus.

What do you mean by "What country?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where can you get this "newest european firmware"? The Motorola website for UK has the "Software Update Tool Coming Soon" page at the moment. Is there somewhere else a european ROM update can be downloaded from? I have a link for the Cingular 1.43 ROM so I think I'll give that a try.

sergiom

sergiom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Mpx-200

Where can you get this "newest european firmware"? The Motorola website for UK has the "Software Update Tool Coming Soon" page at the moment. Is there somewhere else a european ROM update can be downloaded from? I have a link for the Cingular 1.43 ROM so I think I'll give that a try.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read at the moto page "check your manofactured version if you have 1.430 you have the lastest sofware update"

When i check my phone (i buy it about 10 days ago) it´s say:

Rom Update Versions:
Operator: 4.20.13349.0
Manofacturer: 3.70.23.0
Microsoft: 4.20.13349.0
Language: 4.20.13349.0
File System: 4.20.13349.0

Do i need this update????

starclassic

starclassic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Cingular 3125
When i checked my phone it says

Rom Update Versions:
Operator: 0.550.4001.0
Manofacturer: 1.470.0.0
Microsoft: 4.21.15118.0
Language: 0.290.16.0
File System: 4.21.15118.0

is something missing or wrong?

kmisuzu

kmisuzu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Motorola MPx220
I'm trying to update my phone and get almost to the end of applying update 1 of 1 and I get "DL Fail: Firmware Stage,0x4004" ;)

Edited by kmisuzu, 23 January 2006 - 12:36 AM.

starclassic

starclassic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Cingular 3125
where can i get the update?

michhy

michhy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
why does my mpx220 shows a very big difference compared to all the rest? Just look at my "Manufacturer's version" below:

Version: 4.21.1088 (build 15102.3.0.1
Radio: 1.00
Operator: 3.530.7016.0
Manufacturer: 3.490.0.0
Microsoft: 4.21.15102.0
Language: 3.490.20.0
File System: 4.21.15102.0

Robbyaf

Robbyaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I got my MPX220 from Vodafone last month and it is a 1.40

Is it worth upgrading to to 1.43 and does this work ok in UK, as the Motorola site linked to from this post says "North American handsets only".

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick, but not too familiar with Windows Smartphone.

:shock:

Cheers

Rob

celuppi

celuppi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

madchef

madchef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:MPX220
Great...motorola's tool fried my mpx220.

Now it just says "Download incompletly" in a DOS'ish looking window ;) :P

Called motorola, and they want me to mail it to some repair shop and pay out of pocket....repair shop says "Oh this happens a lot with that tool.....we've got a 50/50 chance of reloading your ROM"

I tried the "other" tool in an attempt to load any ROM at all (asian, etc) and no dice....

Anyone have a suggestion?

Paraklas

Paraklas

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Try re-flashing your phone again. If it fails, you can find the downloaded rom to a temporary folder in your pc (search a bit this topic and you will find the folder - can't remember it now) and use that downloaded rom along with the offline update utility to flash your phone. Hope it works!

Posted Image

dave23976

dave23976

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Mpx220

Try re-flashing your phone again. If it fails, you can find the downloaded rom to a temporary folder in your pc (search a bit this topic and you will find the folder - can't remember it now) and use that downloaded rom along with the offline update utility to flash your phone. Hope it works!

I too have a sim unlocked phone that was originally destined for an overseas market, I am stuck with version 1.28. I have tried the U.S. online tool and everything seems to happen as it should but when I check the version on the phone it remains at 1.28. I have talked to the dealer and Motorola and neither can tell me where the phone was originally destined for (it says "Mobile Operator" when it boots and the original regional language was Spanish or Portuguese) so I can't find the Motorola web site specific to the country of my phone, no luck with google either for the carrier.

I have searched this forum for the location of the temp folder with the rom image file with no luck, does someone know the name of the file or at least the extension? Also, I have not been able to find a source for the offline update tool, can someone please help?

fluffcat1

fluffcat1

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Devices:8500 amongst others...

I have talked to the dealer and Motorola and neither can tell me where the phone was originally destined for (it says "Mobile Operator" when it boots and the original regional language was Spanish or Portuguese) so I can't find the Motorola web site specific to the country of my phone, no luck with google either for the carrier.

I think they just don't want to help, not that they can't. If you PM me ( don't post it here) the IMEI I can find the regulatory body that issued it and the original country of origin :-)

but the only moto site to host a firmware is the US one from my own experience :-(

Richard

'....It's been out in Japan nearly 3 weeks - where's yours?'

daswede420

daswede420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I think they just don't want to help, not that they can't. If you PM me ( don't post it here) the IMEI I can find the regulatory body that issued it and the original country of origin :-)

but the only moto site to host a firmware is the US one from my own experience :-(
Richard

hey richard, i've got the same problem, my mpx is from overseas and i tried to update the rom and it says it's already updated?? but the info on the phone is really the 1.28

lemme kno if you find the updated overseas rom!

kaamran

kaamran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

hey richard, i've got the same problem, my mpx is from overseas and i tried to update the rom and it says it's already updated?? but the info on the phone is really the 1.28

lemme kno if you find the updated overseas rom!

Hi there
I also have an unlocked phone with ROM 1.28. I want to update the ROM but can not finding any source.

Please help.

Kamran Hashmi

mustie

mustie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:mpx220

Hi there
I also have an unlocked phone with ROM 1.28. I want to update the ROM but can not finding any source.

Please help.

I just bought an unlocked mpx220 less than a week ago in amsterdam. After reading about the potential problems with the phone the next day, I desperately want to update the rom(seems to be the solution) b4 it packs up.

rom update versions are:
operator: 0.300.4030
manuf: 1.150
microsoft: 4.21.14315
language: 0.190.16
file syst: 4.21.14315
[i](snip) please read forum rules (/snip) Is it true that the latest update for unlocked phones is rom 1.49?

Thanks.

Edited by Disco Stu, 23 July 2006 - 08:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users