We need: A digital camera program

Guest gcruces

Guest gcruces

A simple "digital camera" program. Sometimes I just want to take a picture, not create MM Message. By the way, allow the capture of pictures with a more natural key - say, the power key, and perhaps even with an automatic rotation of the camera.

Shouldn't be too hard to program - if we where alowed to...

Guest Paul [MVP]

This is crazy! The IA Album app could be improved with picture taking functionality.

I was amazed that I plugged the camera in, and it didn't automagically do anything!

P

Guest dodgybob

The IA - Album can be used with IA - Capture the image from the camera... this will be released shortly...

Check out the IA - Album website for more details

heres a snippet from the actual website

Camera Empowered!

IA Album for Smartphone can be linked to IA Capture when used with a built-in or attached digital camera. This combination lets you snap new photos or shoot video clips with accompanying audio.

IA Album for Smartphone is available now as a bundled software title for select mobile phones, and it will be available as a retail product in the future when there are more Smartphone devices on the market.

heres a few pics f the IA-Album software:

Thumbnail Pic View

smartphone_pic04.jpg

Zoom:

smartphone_pic02.jpg

Guest dodgybob
That doesn't actually SAY that IA-CAPTURE is being released for SmartPhone tho?
LOL... yeh :D

Bt it sounds promising...

...yeh... they havnt officially announced a smartphone version of IA-Capture but it looks like its in the works according to the wording on the website:

IA Album for Smartphone can be linked to IA Capture when used with a built-in or attached digital camera

Lets just pray im right... coz if this is what it sounds like then it could turn out to be the hottest selling product for the SPV!!

On a related note it would be cool to be able to customize the voice recorder button (the one between the volume and power switches). I don't think I'll use the voice recorder facility and it would be nice if I could change this to take a phoo quickely.

• 3 years later...
Guest Paul [MVP]

So now and again, I have these moments of hair brained inspiration... I just had one such moment!

While reading another post on Mobiholics, I started reminiscing about how great Locust was, how it was a shame it was killed off by SMS, and how such a thing could never been done again.

For those that are too young to remember it, Locust was an SMS community that originated on the Orange network back when SMS was free. Started first as an emailSMS service (I think), Locust grew into a huge range of services that proved hugely popular, such as chat channels on different subjects, XChat free-for-all chat channel, news, weather etc. etc.

In my moment of sorrow, I suddenly realised that with GPRS connected phones nowadays and the tiny amounts of data that Locust traffic would amount to, a service like Locust could live again!

With a well constructed server managing connections from GPRS clients on phones, I think a service like Locust (hey, maybe even Locust if Jon Anderson were to be interested), could exist once more!

So... here's the poll... who's with me on this one? Vote now if you were a former Locust user!

P (formerly Paulsphone on Locust)

Guest Paul [MVP]

Yeah, ditto.

I think I could give the concept a new lease of life tho... it's just finding the time :)

I think it'd be great to be able to have a SMS like client on your phone that sent to/received from the service, if only so you could create your own groups of mates on it :D

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

The client side is probably easier than the server side, i'll probably draft a design on paper when I get a chance, maybe knock up a proof of concept for a few people to test.

Be interesting to see if I can get hold of Jon from Locust!

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

07973 410933 goes straight through to Orange Answerphone (so the number is still 'live' at least), and the 07050 number on Locust.net goes through to an insurance company!

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

I'm talking to Jon on e-mail now.

Apparently if there were a 'front end', then plugging it in to the old Locust infrastructure (that still exists) would be possible.

We'll see what happens...

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

No, this was the REALLY early days when SMS was free full stop, before they started charging 2p a message (if I remember rightly).

You were a locust wizard? I'd forgotten about those :)

P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Paul [MVP]

I working with an as-yet unnamed party on getting this in place.

The flate rate GPRS announcement has definitely made things rosier! :)

P