M500 on Orange UK website

Guest DeanJ

Guest Flopsy

Well, Orange are selling it to some consumers - i.e. me.

I just called 343 as an existing customer out of my contract, discussed the upgrade options, was told I could have a phone upgrade if I took out an 18 month contract (i.e. what it says on the website), so I asked for the M500 and was quoted the £99.99 price on the website. My average bill recently has been just under £30.

I stuck with the 120 minute plan, took the 2-year contract to save 10% on the rental (you don't get the £50 off the phone - that's only for new 2-year contracts) and ramped my GPRS up to 10Mb for my new toy.

In stock, being delivered tomorrow. Goodbye SPV-200 with your silly I-won't-go-down joypad... hello a whole new suite of problems probably :)

Guest Pondrew

Two year contracts? Ouch. Does that mean no free upgrade after 12months?

I thought it was just T-Mobile offering 18month contracts...

Two year contracts? Ouch. Does that mean no free upgrade after 12months?

I thought it was just T-Mobile offering 18month contracts...

Nasty, as a corporate we have 12 month contracts but 7 month free upgrae periods.

I was asked to sign a 18 month contract once but simple refused.

Guest Pondrew

I had to think long and hard before accepting the 18month contract with my MDA III. But lower line rental and an HTC Blue Angel for less then £50 won me over.

Probably wouldn't have gone for it though without the knowledge that I'll still get 12 monthly upgrades on my remaining Orange account.

Guest Flopsy

The standard deal for getting a new deal plus an upgrade according to the Orange website is a 18 month contract. I guess they are wising up to everyone changing phones all the time :)

The 2-year contract was my choice - if you sign up for 2 years, you get a 10% reduction on line rental. You also get "up to £50 off your phone" if you do this, but apparently that is new contracts only - however I think I might complain retrospectively, as their advertising does clearly state existing customers get the same deals as new ones.

Anyway, I'm basically not a phone-whore, so that'll suit me fine - it has been nearly 2 years since my last upgrade.

Of course if you are willing to go head-to-head with Retentions, I guess you'll probably do better. Myself, I can't be bothered, as the last time I tried that a few years back, they said "Fine - here's your PAC code, bye!".