movies and SPV M2000

Guest Hardz

Guest Hardz

I'm just about to buy an SPV M2000 and the main use (apart from the phone) will be to watch movies on that BIG screen.

I need to know all there is to know about how I can make the most of the M2000 as a multi media player.

Also is there a media player I can install that will play movies in landscape mode using and entire screen ?

Thanks.

Guest jmcglynn

I use Pocket DVD wizard to burn DVD's to an mpg, then copy to the SD card.

I then watch the file either Media Player in either landscape or portrait mode.

Jim

Guest Hardz

Is the entire screen used in landscape mode and what is the quality of the playback ?

What about betaplayer ?

Is it better than the supplied player ?

Guest unicron
I'm just about to buy an SPV M2000 and the main use (apart from the phone) will be to watch movies on that BIG screen.

I need to know all there is to know about how I can make the most of the M2000 as a multi media player.

Also is there a media player I can install that will play movies in landscape mode using and entire screen ?

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have a qtek 2020i (xda2i) and with it i use pocket dvd studio which is great as it will make a wmv or avi file.

the wmv file plays fine on wmp9 or 10.

i had dvd to ppc but it takes ages to convert anything plus the quality to space ratio on the sd card is not as good as pocket dvd studio

Guest pizdyetz77

Hi,

Pocket DivX encoder (free) to encode & resize movies.

Betaplayer. (also free)

Best software around. No contest in my opinion.

GH

Guest Farhad

Finally someone out there that likes movies so much to carry it around with him on his M2000.

Ok the only reasons I bought the M2000 was to use it as a film player. music player and of course pda. To do this I have spend a few bob on purchasing 3x 1gb SD cards and i use a USB2.0 card reader, as the docking station is a little slow, to transfer the movie that I want to the SD card. Now the movies I have collected from the internet (and before U ask i make sure that I have the original DVD before downloading a BACKUP version for myself) are all XviD/DivX encoded and are roughly 700mb large. This means that the video and audio quality is very good and i have not problems with the playback or the number of people that actually say WOW....

So the Movies are transferred on to the SD cards and i use almost 600mb of a SD to store all my mp3, flash files, PowerPoint demonstration files, etc.

What i do is to install all the stuff that is required onto the onboard storage card which has 43mb. I then make sure that the rest of the 128mb is given over to allow programs to run rather then store programs, and that makes the phone run very quickly and with no problems.

To playback audio and video I use BetaPlayer which is free and absolutely fantastic at playing back XviD/DivX and even on one occasion Vob files from a small DVD.

Although the only problem I have with the player is that when I am playing mp3 and I want to be o the move I can not use the power button to lock the unit. For some reason when i use it the software used to play back the audio or video is paused, which for video I understand.. but it would be so good to be able to lock the unit, apart from a few buttons which I could assign to the playback of audio and moving between tracks.

By the way if you want to talk about movie collection, then send me a private message and we can take it from there..

Hope that helps..

Guest Hardz

It is great to finally meet someone who use their M2000 as a mobile movie player.

I have an Archos Av300 that I use to capture movies and shows from my dvd collection because I can capture all the scenes I want to see in real time avioding the need to edit the files later.

I then use pocketdivxencoder to make the files compatable with my SPV C500 and playback using beta player.

The reason for upgrading to the M2000 is mainly for the big screen.

My question now is..... what settings do you use when capturing your movies for getting the best quality playback on the m2000 while keeping the movie file small ?