Going from English to World Wide English

Guest allcocm1

Guest allcocm1

I know this post probably deserves to be submitted to XDA-Developers.com however I was wondering whether any of you seasoned ROM Updaters out there can help. Essentially I seem to be having trouble going from a ENG ROM to WWE ROM. I still cannot understan why this is so difficult when really it should be a doddle to overwrite a ROM.

The details of my MDA are as follows:

Model No: PH20B

Minor: 0 B

Language Code: ENG

Minor: G

Operator Code: T-MOB005

ROM Version: 1.06.00

Minor: 0 0

Extended ROM Version: 1.06.160

Radio Version: 1.00.00

Minor: 00.00

I’ve downloaded the complete shipped ROM - I-Mate_PDA2k_WWE_14000_176_11200_SHIP

According other users, this is the collection of updates (excluding Bluetooth Protocol Stack) that have successfully been applied to other MDA's of the same network. The problem I seem to be having is the Country_ID issue (ENG -> WWE). I am assuming that others had this problem too and must have found a way around it. I have checked many threads on the XDA-Developers forums however I am still at a loss as to what to do about it. My attempts are as follows:

1. Extracted contents of I-Mate_PDA2k_WWE_14000_176_11200_SHIP

2. Ran BaUpgradeUt.exe

3. Country_ID error appeared immediately

4. Added [CHECKCEID_TYPE]=1 to end of RUU.conf file

5. Re-ran BaUpgradeUt.exe

6. Went further, however Country_ID error appeared when in BootLoader screen

7. Exited BaUpgradeUt.exe

8. Re-ran BaUpgradeUt.exe

9. Same problem again – Country_ID

10. Downloaded xda3nbftool.exe and EditFix.bat

11. Added details of existing ROM to EditFix.bat

12. Ran EditFix.bat

13. Received errors about “This does not look like a nbf header, you may have supplied the wrong password”

14. Tried BaUpgradeUt.exe for the hell of it (NBF files reported as corrupt – figures)

15. Downloaded and tried MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe instead, same result – bloody Country_ID error!!!!

As you can see, I have tried every method suggested by the forums but I still cannot get around the Country_ID issue. I know this ROM will work! It’s just a matter of getting past the silly safety measures that prevent me using this ROM.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions anyone may have, being as experienced as you are.

Thanks for anything you can offer

Mark

P.S. If I do bugger it up, I’ve got the shipped ROM of my phone to refer back to - TMobile_UK_MDAIII_10600_160_10000_SHIP

Guest pjh2903
I know this post probably deserves to be submitted to XDA-Developers.com however I was wondering whether any of you seasoned ROM Updaters out there can help. Essentially I seem to be having trouble going from a ENG ROM to WWE ROM. I still cannot understan why this is so difficult when really it should be a doddle to overwrite  a ROM.

I’ve downloaded the complete shipped ROM -  I-Mate_PDA2k_WWE_14000_176_11200_SHIP

My attempts are as follows:

1.      Extracted contents of I-Mate_PDA2k_WWE_14000_176_11200_SHIP

2.      Ran BaUpgradeUt.exe

3.      Country_ID error appeared immediately

4.      Added [CHECKCEID_TYPE]=1 to end of RUU.conf file

5.      Re-ran BaUpgradeUt.exe

6.      Went further, however Country_ID error appeared when in BootLoader screen

7.      Exited BaUpgradeUt.exe

8.      Re-ran BaUpgradeUt.exe

9.      Same problem again – Country_ID

10.  Downloaded xda3nbftool.exe and EditFix.bat

11.  Added details of existing ROM to EditFix.bat

12.  Ran EditFix.bat

13.  Received errors about “This does not look like a nbf header, you may have supplied the wrong password”

14.  Tried BaUpgradeUt.exe for the hell of it (NBF files reported as corrupt – figures)

15.  Downloaded and tried MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe instead, same result – bloody Country_ID error!!!!

As you can see, I have tried every method suggested by the forums but I still cannot get around the Country_ID issue. I know this ROM will work! It’s just a matter of getting past the silly safety measures that prevent me using this ROM.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions anyone may have, being as experienced as you are.

Thanks for anything you can offer

Mark

P.S. If I do bugger it up, I’ve got the shipped ROM of my phone to refer back to - TMobile_UK_MDAIII_10600_160_10000_SHIP

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did it on Orange M2000 by downloading and extracting I-Mate_PDA2k_WWE_14000_176_11200_SHIP then placed MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe into the same directory. Run MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe , get country error message, immediatly re-run MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe as advised on xda-developers site then upgrade worked. Do Not run BaUpgradeUt.exe. Hope this helps.