Jump to content


Photo

wow

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1
pyromaniac4002

pyromaniac4002

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Just thought I'd share an amazing story I had with my i600.

A couple of days ago I made the little mistake of not thoroughly checking each of my pockets in my pants before washing them, and of course my i600 happened to be in one of the pairs of pants. This is quite typical for me at the moment, as I have systematically lost my iPod, fried my laptop, broken my PSP screen, and lost the stylus to my PDA just this summer (in that order). I did however get my laptop fixed by HP for free (a miracle). When I was about to leave the house my big sister heard something banging in the dryer, which I dissmissed as normal. She insisted on looking into the dryer and sure enough there was my phone. It hadn't been in the dryer for very long, and the inner and outer screens had vapor in them. I was devastated once again by the destruction of another one of my electrical devices. My big sister and I decided to pretend that I had lost it so my parents wouldn't realize my clumsiness, but I hadn't told them anything. Just tonight I haven't been able to sleep at all (it was really hot today and I can't fall asleep), so I've been tinkering around with various things. I tried slapping the fat battery on my i600 and voila! It booted up and everything was just as I had left it the morning before I did my laundry. I immedeately sent a text message to my big sister (we text a lot).

Just wanted to share my amazement of the i600's resiliance.. Stories of phones surviving washing machines are not too common, and I think if it had been any other phone in that pants pocket, it would have been lost to the destroyed objects pile. This has always been a great phone, and now I see that it has some resiliance for clumsy people like me. :)

  • 0
Love my i600...

HATE Verizon...

#2
Spit_Fire

Spit_Fire

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Location:Atltanta, GA, USA
As long as you pull the battery as soon as it gets wet, or it was already off, most things will work fine as long as you let them dry for 3 or 4 days.

  • 0

#3
ElGato65

ElGato65

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500 + C600
Yeah it's electricity that doesn't mix well with water. In theory you could soak the things for days as long as it was powered off, and as long as it was thoroughly dried afterwards there's no reason it shouldn't be working as normal.

  • 0
That cat's something I can't explain.

Posted Image

#4
Bargeman

Bargeman

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Location:Marshall, Virginia USA
  • Devices:Samsung I600

Yeah it's electricity that doesn't mix well with water. In theory you could soak the things for days as long as it was powered off, and as long as it was thoroughly dried afterwards there's no reason it shouldn't be working as normal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>



I have to agree with "WOW" . I had my I600 in my upper pocket and was assisting my friend in mooring his boat onto the dock. The i600 (Powered Up) created a most disturbing "PLOP" sound :shock: and down it went in 6 foot of lake water. I got it out "5 minutes" later and the power was still on, when I got it up to the dock. :roll: I quickly got the fat battery off the back and let it dry out for a day and it powered right up. ;) I'm still using it today. It is pretty tough.

Regards,

Randy Barger

  • 0




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users