C500 Rom Bug

Guest Lammypie

Guest Lammypie

:evil: Since upgrading to the newly released official Orange UK update for the C500 when I press and hold '1' to call the answer phone it dials 123456, instead of 123.

I can change this number in settings, but when I turn off the phone, it gets reset to 654321!

Anybody have any suggestions?

Edited by Lammypie

:evil: Since upgrading to the newly released official Orangge UK update for the C500 when I press and hold '1' to call the answer phone it dials 123456, instead of 123.

I can change this number in settings, but when I turn off the phone, it gets reset to 123456!

Anybody have any suggestions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same issue but have worked around it by doing the following:

dial 123 and hang up.

from the homescreen press 1, which should bring up (and highlight) 123

Selected save > New item > select > rename to Answer Phone

now pressing and holding 1 dials Voice mail.

Let me know if this works for you

I have the same issue but have worked around it by doing the following:

dial 123 and hang up.

from the homescreen press 1, which should bring up (and highlight) 123

Selected save > New item > select > rename to Answer Phone

now pressing and holding 1 dials Voice mail.

Let me know if this works for you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, what i previously suggested does not work after a proper soft reset as the Voice Mail nuber resets itself to 654321 :)

Guest jporch316

I knew it -

turned my phone on and off and now just get a + sign when holding the number one!

Re entered the number - did soft rest - back to +

All from looking at this thread

Whats goin on

Guest Disco Stu

Surely the Orange answerphone number is +447973100123.....

At least it was on mine before the update, and still is afterwards.

:?:

Guest Lammypie
Surely the Orange answerphone number is +447973100123.....

At least it was on mine before the update, and still is afterwards.

:?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep, I have tried setting it to that as well as 123, but after power off, it always resets to 654321.

Guest Disco Stu

What about the SMS service number ? Does that change ?

:shock: :evil: :shock:

jporch316 is right. This thread is jinxed !

Was testing rebooting my C500 and the number cleared itself !

Have inputted correct number and restarted phone and all appears to be well again.

A thought : when you go into the settings it says it is fetching the number from the network. When you press Done it says it is sending to the network. Do you think your / my network connection might be monkeying around with the setting ?

Mine is okay again, so I'm off :)

Guest Lammypie
What about the SMS service number ? Does that change ?

:shock:  :evil:  :shock:

jporch316 is right. This thread is jinxed !

Was testing rebooting my C500 and the number cleared itself !

Have inputted correct number and restarted phone and all appears to be well again.

A thought : when you go into the settings it says it is fetching the number from the network. When you press Done it says it is sending to the network. Do you think your / my network connection might be monkeying around with the setting ?

Mine is okay again, so I'm off  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The SMS number is unaffected, only the answerphone number! When I change it appears to send it to the network fine. And when I go into the menu again, it appears to receive it fine from the network also, just after a reboot, it retrieves it wrong from the network!!!!

Well I'm stumped.

Hard reset time ?  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You think 12345 is bad!

I used the voicemail key and it dialled 999 without me realising!!

Edited by 3xH

Guest jporch316

i cant face another hard rest - im sticking the no in my contacts - voicemail is now speed dial 2!

until somebody clears up whats going on anyawy

Guest rankinl
:evil: aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is anyone else experiencing this ? It is driving me mad. After every power cycle the Answer Phone number is gone !!!!!

Anyone got a solution ? Does a hard reset actually fix it ?

Is anyone else experiencing this ? It is driving me mad. After every power cycle the Answer Phone number is gone !!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks like it is due to the SIM. when you select "Call options" it says it is retrieving settings from the network. I've tried everything including being sent a SIM update.

The problem seems to have disappeared after inserting a different Orange SIM though.

You may also have to go to call options, enter +447973100123 select done and turn your handset off to apply the settings.

After doing all this, it appears to retain the correct settings.

Let me know.

chhers.

Guest Disco Stu

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did a hard reset after the ROM upgrade so I doubt that will fix it :roll:

I did a hard reset after the ROM upgrade so I doubt that will fix it  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone tried a different SIM in their handset?

Would be good to know if this fixes the problem.

Cheers

Guest Griff_FFOC

Mine was wrong after updating the ROM, but as it was wrong when I bought the phone I just thought it was normal and needed changing. I changed the number to the full answer phone number and all was well. 8)

However I just read this and held number 1 to check, and it dialled "654321" :shock:

I'm not sure if it was a time thing, or as a result of switching it off and back on some time. I'll reset it and if it doesn't keep the setting i'll give orange a bell and see what excuse they give, :?:

Guest Griff_FFOC

After a soft reset (off and back on) it's still got the new correct number (so far). I wonder if it's a temeramental thing, or whether it's a timed thing.

edit:

just checked again and it's now back to 654321, so on a restart it's ok at first, but then after a short while, it's back to 654321.

Edited by Griff_FFOC

Guest jporch316

Just wondering

When i did the rom update it placed lots of email and orange numbers in my contacts which i then deleted - it wouldnt be down to this would it

Im pretty sure everyone who upgraded their rom should have the same problem - they probably just dont know it yet :)

Just after the upgrade i checked the voicemail no and it was there - it seems it only happens after your first reboot.

Or from reading this jinxed thread

bloody annoying

Guest celica1.8st

Just to put a positive note in - I upgraded mine and the number didn't change - I have done many soft resets and the number is still in fine!

Guest steve_smith
After a soft reset (off and back on) it's still got the new correct number (so far).  I wonder if it's a temeramental thing, or whether it's a timed thing.

edit:

just checked again and it's now back to 654321, so on a restart it's ok at first, but then after a short while, it's back to 654321.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same problem on my phone. I think (from memory) that immediately after doing the update, it had set itself to 123456 (I didn't try it, but I knew I used to have +4479 something or other). So I changed it to the correct number, and now every time I power cycle the phone, it changes all by itself to 654321. Very strange and very annoying!

Steve.

Guest Gajet
Im pretty sure everyone who upgraded their rom should have the same problem - they probably just dont know it yet :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No answerphone issues here after update, rebooted several times to test, and holding 1 allways dials the right number.

Worth re-downloading and reflashing the ROM?