SPV C550 & WMP 10 - Anyone syncing?

Guest paul1664

Guest paul1664

This may just be me but...

I cannot get tracks onto my C550 using WMP10. It starts to copy the (unprotected) track, gets to about 2% and then just hangs.

Anyone help?

Guest greywolf ghost

Are you trying to sync just single tracks?

I do a whole playlist, make sure all the id3 tags are correct and sync. It adds a bonus cover art to the player when the song plays.

I have never had issue with it, but then again I have never tried to sync a single track.

Guest paul1664

I'm building the sync list in WMP10 and hitting 'sync' but this just doesn't work. The conversion starts but copying halts around 2%.

Guest kyrkesmith

I was having problems too. One thing that did seem to affect it was whether or not my iPaq was plugged in at the same time. With just the phone, it generally seems to work alright.

Guest greywolf ghost

It sounds to me ( and I am no expert ), either MP10 on your PC is guilty of issues. Or do you have anything like Napster/Itunes that may have a watch dog app?

You may want to try an uninstall of WMP10 ( PC side) and reinstall.

I wish you luck......cause when it works right it's bloody beautiful

Smart-1.jpg

Guest GothTeddy

I've not used the sync feature much, mostly because I'm an iTunes guy.

The first time I tried it, it aborted, like it has been for you. The second time I tried, it hung WMP. After a reboot of the C550, it aborted again. That's when I gave up.

Guest fishyuk
For the record I have tried upgrading to ActiveSync 4.0 but still no luck. Anyone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No luck on my side either. Gets to about 2% then hangs. WMP then says it still can't see the device, even though I'm still sync'd and can still explore it. The PC I've tried is very clean but I am connecting as a guest. Not sure if that makes a difference but won't get chance to test on my laptop till tomorrow.

Guest paul1664

Hi fishyuk

Let me know how you get on with your laptop. I've uninstalled & reinstalled just about everything but still no joy.

Paul.

Hi fishyuk

Let me know how you get on with your laptop. I've uninstalled & reinstalled just about everything but still no joy.

Paul.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i've tried on my new laptop that previously had never had activesync on it, syyncs ok with outlook but nothing with wmp. ive tried everything im sure apart from decerting phone.

Guest adamkandel

Ok people fasten your seatbelts because this is going to be heartbreaking. The C550 with Windows Media Player 10 will not sync constantly/correctly with 90%* of Microsoft XP operating systems.

Do NOT format your phone, remove activesync/media player etc... because there is no way around it at the moment. The fault i suspect is not with any of the above but it is with the C550 handset itself.

Adam's Analysis:

After deleting programs trying out every method mentioned and everything i could think of i finally realised at 4am this morning that the cock-up was made on microsoft's behalf. Now here is where i think the error lies...

I believe that windows media player 10 (PC) is recognising your c550 however not as the c550 but rather as the c500. I don't think that the pc software/drivers is quite up to date, in other words therefore causing the conflict. Now i don't think we'll get a patch/driver or whatever it may be for at least another few weeks... so well have to hold tight until then.

However for all of you c500 (with wmp10) users windows media player 10 works fine with syncing your tunes :)

At the moment my brother has got a c500 so im just putting my sd card in his phone and putting it back into my c550 when syncronisation is complete.

* = Research conducted by asking 10 c550 users about their wmp10 syncronisation.

### PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ABOVE INFORMATION HAS BEEN PRODUCED BY MY OWN RESEARCH AND HAS BEEN IN NO WAY CONFIRMED ON BEHALF OF MICROSOFT OR ORANGE. ###

Guest fishyuk
Ok people fasten your seatbelts because this is going to be heartbreaking. The C550 with Windows Media Player 10 will not sync constantly/correctly with 90%* of Microsoft XP operating systems.

Do NOT format your phone, remove activesync/media player etc... because there is no way around it at the moment. The fault i suspect is not with any of the above but it is with the C550 handset itself.

Adam's Analysis:

After deleting programs trying out every method mentioned and everything i could think of i finally realised at 4am this morning that the cock-up was made on microsoft's behalf. Now here is where i think the error lies...

I believe that windows media player 10 (PC) is recognising your c550 however not as the c550 but rather as the c500. I don't think that the pc software/drivers is quite up to date, in other words therefore causing the conflict. Now i don't think we'll get a patch/driver or whatever it may be for at least another few weeks... so well have to hold tight until then.

However for all of you c500 (with wmp10) users windows media player 10 works fine with syncing your tunes :)

At the moment my brother has got a c500 so im just putting my sd card in his phone and putting it back into my c550 when syncronisation is complete.

* = Research conducted by asking 10 c550 users about their wmp10 syncronisation.

### PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ABOVE INFORMATION HAS BEEN PRODUCED BY MY OWN RESEARCH AND HAS BEEN IN NO WAY CONFIRMED ON BEHALF OF MICROSOFT OR ORANGE. ###

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just tried my laptop, got about 3 tracks done before it bombed out so back to using my MiniSD card in my SD reader. Tried on an Athlon64, Opteron and Pentium M machine now so a fair mix of hardware. Looks like the theory above is correct. Pretty funny considering the C550 is aimed at music fans ;-).

Still, one should always expect these things as early adopters. I'm still very pleased with mine (though unlike some I don't yet have an investment in SmartPhone software seeing as I've only been an iPAQ user). I've still got about 800MB of tracks on my MiniSD and the sound is pretty good I'd say.

Paul, are you able to drag and drop files to your C550? I have the same problem as you but also have problems draging and dropping files.

Guest paul1664

No, I get the 'Copy & Convert' dialog (huh? its already an mp3) and, after 30sec or so, everything bombs out. If I explore the storage card I just find a temp file.

Guest brainier

Glad to know that I am not the only person having this problem. Synced one track so far, every other attempt fails. Tried multiple CD's as the source tracks and tried ripping the source to a local drive (as it was a network drive) and changed the USB cable I have been using, all to no avail.

Windows Media Player 10 aborts the sync at about 5% and looses connection to the device, but using ActiveSync (3.7 on my laptop and 3.8 on the desktop) still maintains a connection.

Brian

Same here! I will be calling MS this morning and will let you know what they say...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MS told me to contact the device manufacturer!!!! I'm starting to wish I hadn't bothered with the C550 :)

OK I have narrowed the problem down to the fact that the phone will not accept transfers over 100kb. I created word docs of varying sizes below and above 100kb and i could transfer all up to 99kb. I then split a load of wma's to below 100kb and they all sync fine using WMP10. Anyone have any ideas why this should be the case, a problem with the file system ROM perhaps? (mine is 4.21.15159.0, Operator ROM is 8.2.1.10)

mines the same rom same problem. my new 1gb memory card yesterday with a converter so i could use it in my card reader worked great ans sounds way better than my e200. but cant keep taking the phone apart to sync music. whats the next step now then, how do we get this fixed?

Edited by deo

Guest head3d
mines the same rom same problem. my new 1gb memory card yesterday with a converter so i could use it in my card reader worked great ans sounds way better than my e200. but cant keep taking the phone apart to sync music. whats the next step now then, how do we get this fixed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have the same problem aswell. the only way i have managed to get music onto my phone is to drag and drop with a bt connection, but you cannot sync thro wmp connected thro bt! :roll:

i have the same problem aswell. the only way i have managed to get music onto my phone is to drag and drop with a bt connection, but you cannot sync thro wmp connected thro bt! :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will have to try BT later on as that will help narrow the problem down, if I can transfer large files over BT then it points to a usb problem!

Can you both post your ROM versions and particularly, anyone who is not having these problems can you post yours?

Cheers

Mark