SPV C550 & WMP 10 - Anyone syncing?

Guest paul1664

Guest keja2004

Hi there,

I had the same problems.

Yesterday I tried an older version of Active Sync v.3.7 and guess: NOT PROBLEMS ANYMORE !!

I think the problem is in the newer version of Active Sync.

Suc6,

Jack.

Guest SingyB

I've just got my 550, and had trouble sync'ing, managed to get one track on, but the rest abort at about 6%

I've read the posts, but no new ones since July, any other news? I wondered if it had anything to do with the fact that the manual says WMP9, does it work on WMP9? has anyone tried it? Can't find any on-line help with microsoft either.

:roll:

Guest shockhead

Hi,

I'm really annoyed about this. What's the point of a "music phone" if you can't sync it to the music player made by the same company?

Fair enough that there were teething problems with the new device, but has everything really gone quiet?

Did any of you guys who were in contact with Orange ever hear anything back?

I just tried it with AS 3.7.1 - the 3.7 download has dissapeared from the server, so I can't try that.

We are paying money for this - it should work.

Pete.

Guest richie_hackett

Dont know if these are any use to you guys but I just bought the C550 and get the same prob. I have tried AS 3.8 and 3.7.1 to no avail.

Will try 3.7 when I can someone the energy

If anyone else wants to try here are the MS site links

AS 3.8

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

AS 3.7.1

AS 3.7

PS Guys I have a screen protector on mine so I used to put it down face first to protect the unprotected camera lens. If you look closely when doing this you'll notice the phone will rest directly on the joystick. If you put it down to quick the joystick will crack and will have an interesting time trying to get someone to fix it.

I'm still encountering problems syncing.

I put my card in my old C500, downloaded the tracks that I wanted, and they play on it. I then put my card in the C550, and it doesn't even show the tracks in the WMP!

It does show the tracks in the file manager, but won't play them, saying 'cannot play the file because the licence is not valid, or is corrupted'! Ridiculous when they'll play with no trouble on the C500!

Went to my local Orange shop, but there was a queue a mile long, I've got a 20gb juke box, but I only want to carry one around!!

:cry:

Guest shockhead

Hi folks,

I called Orange yesterday about the problem, and thought I'd update this thread with my results. After explaining the problem, I was instantly transferred to someone on their level 2 tech support team. He was quite helpful, though the problem isn't really solved.

I'm not sure how this tallies up with what the previous posters had heard from Orange, but I was told that syncing a C550 with WMP on the PC isn't supported and they don't recommend that you do it. He said that the way to put music on the device is to click "explore" in activesync and drag-and-drop the files across into a folder called "sounds" in the storage card. I was having problems doing this due to freezes etc, but was helpfully told to pull the battery out of the phone while it was on to reset the phone properly (as apparently it doesn't always do it fully by turning it off), and then blanking the storage card. Having backed up my data, I did this and it did solve the problem of not being able to drag and drop files across. Doing this with music files now lets me play them on the phone. Though, make sure that the music library in the phone is regenerated each time you copy some files across. I was also told to try re-pairing the device with activesync if this failed to work, though I didn't need to.

I've subsequently tried syncing WMP 10 with the phone using Activesync 3.7, 3.7.1 and 4 and none of them will work for me.

Well, at least I've got some usability out of it now, though it isn't really what I'd imagined.

For anyone else who wants to try talking to Orange, you can get to the people who know what they're on about by calling 156, then choosing the option to take you to handset/pda/bluetooth queries. It takes you straight to level 2 tech support.

Pete.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest harrysaab

it dont work :-(

plz provide step by step instructions...including screen prints if u can..

thanks

I got my new C550 last week and have been pulling hair out with this problem over the weekend.  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything further from MS or Orange on this.

The last post on this thread is dated 28th July, so I'd like to believe that something has been done  :roll:

If Orange are doing a patch, are they likely to release it to existing owners, or just add it to new phones?  Where can I get the latest Orange patches anyway?

What I did find was:

1.  It will allow copy & paste, but won't copy the album art if you do this  :D

2.  I can sync 1 or 2 files, then it'll freeze.  If I then reboot both the phone and the pc, then it'll sync another one, and so on.  The ones I have managed to sync so far do display the album art  ;)

3.  If you sync and it freezes, then you can't copy & paste anything afterwards.  Repeat step 2.

How do you do this? I coped a whole album folder over, but didn't get the art?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>