M500 Leather Case

Guest Palindrome

Guest Palindrome

Does anyone have or know about a leather case for the M500? I would quite like a leather case similar to the Krusell case I have for my E200 (that just goes around the phone and not styled like a wallet). As far as I can see Krusell have not released a M500 case that I can find.

Though saying that I realise I have no experience with touch-screen devices. Would the touch-screen work if the screen was covered by transparent plastic? In fact, how does the touch-screen work (I'll search that question a bit). Is it possible to use ones finger to touch the screen instead of the stylus?

Guest Disco Stu

Selection here at Proporta but I'm very happy with the screen-flap leather case I got from Brando.

Brando's service is pretty fast from Hong Kong.

Yes you can use fingers instead of stylus though most functions require digits less stubby than my own :)

You should be able to use the screen through the plastic but I haven't tested it

Guest pug205
Does anyone have or know about a leather case for the M500? I would quite like a leather case similar to the Krusell case I have for my E200 (that just goes around the phone and not styled like a wallet). As far as I can see Krusell have not released a M500 case that I can find.

Though saying that I realise I have no experience with touch-screen devices. Would the touch-screen work if the screen was covered by transparent plastic? In fact, how does the touch-screen work (I'll search that question a bit). Is it possible to use ones finger to touch the screen instead of the stylus?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Krusell do a case for the Jam, so it should fit, try this link

http://www.nomatica.co.uk/index.asp?charge...assics100EN.htm

Guest jonhitch

Be aware that it will not fit quite as snugly as the imate JAM! Also the camera holes are in a different place!

Hopefully some of these manufacturers will make M500 specific accessories

Guest Confused Stu

Hey Dade - you got shares in JavoEdge or something? :)

I know they make excellent products (used a C500 screenprotector for months and it's EXCELLENT!), but with you it seems more of a religious calling, my friend. :D

Guest pdaxtras

As posted in the m500 accessory topic i'm currently working with one of our suppliers to modify the 2 cases below to fit the m500 perfectly

1. Aluminium hard case, we are making the camera cutouts specifically for the m500 and changing the orientation of the LED status slot to horizontal. Other options for this case would be to delete the screen window.

m500b.jpg

2. Leather Flip case, also the camera holes will be moved.

m500a.jpg

I'll post up here when I have more news

Guest dan13l

I like the look of that flipcase, I really wouldn't mind one of those.

I bought one of the nice leather Piel Frama cases for my M500, and it doesn't fit! Cost me a fortune too. It appears that the M500 is slightly deeper than the Jam, so most cases don't fit :)

I had emailed Piel Frama to see if they had any intention of making a case for the M500, but I'm not sure that they are yet ;)

Guest pdaxtras

I deal with Piel Frama quite a lot and they usually get cases for newer devices out pretty quickly. They are fantastic quality, but you pay for it.

They normally email us just before they launch a new case so i'll post up here if they contact us about one for the m500.

The case above will retail for about £20 whereas the piel frama ones can be double that.

• 2 weeks later...
As posted in the m500 accessory topic i'm currently working with one of our suppliers to modify the 2 cases below to fit the m500 perfectly

1. Aluminium hard case, we are making the camera cutouts specifically for the m500 and changing the orientation of the LED status slot to horizontal. Other options for this case would be to delete the screen window.

m500b.jpg

2. Leather Flip case, also the camera holes will be moved.

m500a.jpg

I'll post up here when I have more news

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi there

Do you have these cases (particularly the Leather Flip Case) available specifically for the M500 now ? (i.e. with the holes for the camera etc in the right place)

Thanks

PaulF

Paul, i've just got back from a weeks holoiday so am catching up with our suppliers ASAP, i'll post up as soon as there is any news, Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers mate - there's no panic - I haven't ordered my M500 yet, but I'm interested in getting a decent case for it.

Look forward to seeing what you can get hold of.

Paul

Guest pdaxtras

Right, got 2 more cases for the m500. I have ordered some of each to see what they are like in the flesh.

They should be with me within a week or 2, as for the other m500 case I am still trying to get the case cutouts modified without having to pay for the moulds to be changed so this might take a bit longer.

post-139034-1123920922_thumb.jpg

post-139034-1123920941_thumb.jpg

I've seen quite a few cases on ebay such as:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPV-M500-MDA-Compact...1QQcmdZViewItem

but few that show an m500 in situ so i'm not sure i want to buy one

the best i've seen is this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Krusell-Executive-Le...1QQcmdZViewItem

which has the bonus of an SD card holder (great for carrying the wireless and such) also it seems smaller than many of the other cases i've seen around. Has anyone bought one, and if so do they rate it?

I'm interested in PdaXtras Rubber moulded case and the latest black leather jobby. I'll be keeping an eye on this post

Guest Palindrome

In my endeavour to find a suitable case for my M500 I sent the following email to Krusell:

Will you be releasing a leather case designed specifically with the SPV M500?.

You state, on http://www.Krusell.se/product.php?s=2&product=1925, that the case is for a SPV M500, but the fit is not perfect and some of the holes don\'t match.

And they replied:

Dear case [my name is not case  :?:], thank you for your e-mail and interest in our products! The following cases fit your SPV M500: http://www.Krusell.se/searchResult.php?text=SPV+M500&s=2 Best regards,Krusell International

Official confirmation that the Classic Multidapt® Qtek S100/I-mate JAM will fit the M500 is great, so I bought one that came today. Unfortunately I had some problems.

The case took a lot of effort to get my phone inside it. As far as the holes for the various parts of the phone are concerned this is what I found:

On the top, the SD card slot cutout is off centre, yet serviceable.

The holes of the left side of the case are aligned fine, although the case is not tight to the phone leaving a gap from the hole in the case to the buttons.

The bottom flap that covers the soft reset/USB/headphones socket does not match up with the hole in the bottom of the case. The flap can be pulled out from left hand side exposing the USB socket but it covers the soft reset and headphones socket. I had to cut away the leather so I could pull the entire flap out and secure it back in the phone when not charging.

On the right hand side the IR, stylus and power button are well positioned after a little jiggling when putting on the case.

On the back there are well positioned holes to allow the camera lens and the rubber thingy on the top left of the back of the phone to do their jobs. There is also a hole that is for the back speaker which is also in a good position. Unfortunately there is a velcro flap on the case that covers the speaker hole.

On the front of the case there is a hole in the plastic that allows access to the buttons. It is not the correct size and is twisted due to the fact that my M500 does not fit snuggly into the case.

The touch functions of the screen work well in the centre of the screen but I have to push hard on the plastic screen of the case to use anything on the edge of the screen (closing apps, startmenu, the new menu, scroll slider and the taskbar).

In conclusion, I would say that the case will protect the M500 screen and bodywork well, but sadly it is not fully compatible with the M500. I find the most annoying incompatibilities are the hole at the bottom of the case and the amount of pressure needed at the edges of the screen.

Hopefully Krusell will release a dedicated M500 case and not claim that the Classic Multidapt® Qtek S100/I-mate JAM will fit the M500.