Visual Studio 2005 beta 2

Guest puso

Hi,

Has anyone used the Visual Studio 2005 beta 2. I was playing around with it, writing program in C++ and run on a pocket PC device (not emulator). And I have trouble with choosing the type of the project. I'm intending to start the program from scratch, so which type should I choose the project to be (in order to be able to run on a pocket pc device and also which template?). Which one is it from ATL, CLR, GENERAL, MFC, Smart Device, WIn32...I have no idea how these are different from each other? If anyone has any experience with this, could you kindly tell me how they are different from each other? (or if you have a link of an online book, that would be extremely helpful).

Thanks a lot guys.

Thank you for your respond.

I have SMARTPHONE2003, POCKETPC2003 and Microsoft Platform SDK installed. So which project type should I go for? Is it smart device? And together with it which templeate is it? Is it ATL Smart Device Project?

And another question, does it happen to you that after you create a project? They initiated a bunch of files (including Generated Files, Header Files, Resource Files, Source Files) if I only intend to write one .cpp file and one header file, do I ignore the rest of them, or do I delete the others that I don't need?

Thanks a lot.

yes it is smart device, then choose the most suitable template for what you want

lots of the rest of the questions are up to you in terms of what you want