no more file manager

Guest boo13

hey everyone. after i did a hard reset on a 2002 software mpx200, everything was fine, but the only problem is i don't have a file manager, and i can't look through my phone. any help anyone .. :)

Guest jamesb
hey everyone.  after i did a hard reset on a 2002 software mpx200, everything was fine, but the only problem is i don't have a file manager, and i can't look through my phone.  any help anyone .. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its strange but neither the smartphone 2002 software nor the Motorola apps CD that come with the phone have a file manager. You'll need to get a 3rd party app such as Smart Explorer for this:

Smart Explorer

Guest m1.carson

Yep,

You'll need to download Smart Explorer, but first, application unlock your phone, alphaflux unlocker worked for me, [spelling could be wrong].

Guest squall

the file manager does come on the cd in some regions (i think the us cd differs from the uk one). on the cd you should also find the jMMS app and a couple of other things

Guest magillagorilla

I have the same problem. I have an AT&T MPX200 2002 and I did a hard reset. I lost the file explorer. does anyone have the original CD? I lost mine. I can set up an FTP transfer or something.

Does WM2003 have a built in explorer?

Guest gorcorps
I have the same problem. I have an AT&T MPX200 2002 and I did a hard reset. I lost the file explorer. does anyone have the original CD? I lost mine. I can set up an FTP transfer or something.

Does WM2003 have a built in explorer?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes 2003 has a built in explorer. I've done many hard resets and have always had a file manager on 2003.

Guest brunim6987

If you hard reset a WM2002 MPX200 you'll lose the file manager. This is an app that comes on the Motorola CD (US version anyway) with the phone. It'll need to be reinstalled.

brunim6987

Guest Minimalism

Total Commander CE/Pocket 2.0 is totally free guys, and it has some nice features!!

So I guess you don't need the original file manager... (Works on mpx200)

• 3 months later...
Guest Motorola veteran user

I have a question here, being new member:

this is an aplication which is part of the Windows CE,

it is on my CD supplied with the phone, whoever buys the phone buys the CE, so would it be considered illegal to mail it to Boo13? It is 1,19MB only...

Why it is not supplied on some CD's?

Guest Disco Stu

Our view is that you would be sharing / redistributing files without authorisation from the author / copyright holder and therefore would be in contravention of forum rules.

This is our interpretation of the law and we're sticking with it !

Thanks for asking though :D :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Motorola veteran user

;) Respecting this, I did not do it, and that's why iI asked my question. But, as everybody gets a CD with the phone, :D I guess every owner of mpx is entitled to have a file manager. Yet, there is no legal way to get it, if you lose the CD. It is logically speaking an odd situation, I think, with all respect for legality at the same time...