SPV M500 Use MP3/Wav Ringtones from SD Card

Guest robr43

Guest robr43

Hello,

Does anyone know how to select mp3's or wav's stored on your SD card to use as a ringtone rather than copying them to the rings directory on the phone?

Cheers

Guest jamesb
Hello,

Does anyone know how to select mp3's or wav's stored on your SD card to use as a ringtone rather than copying them to the rings directory on the phone?

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, just find the mp3 using file manager, tap and hold for the shortcut menu and "set as ringtone" should be the final option. This automatically assigns the ringtone and copies the mp3 to the rings directory.

The only bad thing is that you still have to go to the windows rings folder to tidy old ringtones if you find your phone memory getting used up quickly.

Guest robr43
Yeah, just find the mp3 using file manager, tap and hold for the shortcut menu and "set as ringtone" should be the final option. This automatically assigns the ringtone and copies the mp3 to the rings directory.

The only bad thing is that you still have to go to the windows rings folder to tidy old ringtones if you find your phone memory getting used up quickly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ive found the short cut menu only does the "set as ringtone" if it is a wav not an mp3.

Can ring tones be used directly from the sd card and not use the ring directory at all to save using the phones memory?

Guest jamesb
Ive found the short cut menu only does the "set as ringtone" if it is a wav not an mp3.

Can ring tones be used directly from the sd card and not use the ring directory at all to save using the phones memory?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay you got me. Its seems I've f*cked up because I've only recently started using .wmas instead of .mp3s. I cant set .mp3s as ringtones either. :?:

Dont think you be able to get around using the windows rings directory, setting files as ringtones seems to automatically copy these to this directory for use.

Guest bretto
Hello,

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a registry setting that you can change to allow ringtones from the SD card instead on \Windows\Rings

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring\Directory

Change this value to \Storage Card\ or add a subdirectory if you like. Dont forget the leading and trailing backslash.

Or you can use PPCProfilesPro to do it.

Hope this helps.

Guest robr43
There is a registry setting that you can change to allow ringtones from the SD card instead on \Windows\Rings

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring\Directory

Change this value to \Storage Card\ or add a subdirectory if you like. Dont forget the leading and trailing backslash.

Or you can use PPCProfilesPro to do it.

Hope this helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PPCProfilesPro has done the trick! Wicked bit of software that.

Cheers

Rob

Edited by robr43

• 1 month later...
Guest nigel26
To use MP3s as ringtones you will need to install this utility most likely.

If you are using the context menu (hold stylus on item) and the option 'set as ringtone' does not appear, install this and it will work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is going to sound really dumb to some of you but how do i get into the registry on the ppc and do i just copy that cab to the windows folder on the ppc or what ? and for my next stupid question... where can i find this ppcprofilepro ?

Edited by nigel26

Guest NastyNick
To use MP3s as ringtones you will need to install this utility most likely.

If you are using the context menu (hold stylus on item) and the option 'set as ringtone' does not appear, install this and it will work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome little utility! Thanx for posting that up! ;)

Works wonders on the M1500 too!

Guest neilgwhite
Awesome little utility! Thanx for posting that up! ;)

Works wonders on the M1500 too!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tried on mine and once the mp3 ringtone is set, when the phone rings, it goes back to windows default!!! I have done the reg hack to move the ringtone folder?? it finds the mp3 ring tones!! what am i doing wrong?