Event pictures, and a plea!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we are in the process of putting pictures from the MoDaCo Event up here.

As attendees will be aware, someone at the event thought they would steal one of the charity raffle prizes - namely the SPV C550 (box and all).

We are currently continuing investigations, which includes checking all of our photographs and the Microsoft CCTV material to determine if there is any evidence there.

If any attendees can offer information regarding the perpertrators, please contact me in confidence... we have already received information about who could be responsible, but I would like to collate this information.

If indeed the person who took the phone, albeit deliberately or accidentally, is reading this - please get in touch while there is still time to do so.

I shall be talking with Orange, Microsoft and the MoDaCo team over the next day or so determining whether there is a case for Police involvement.

Thanks for your time... and thanks everyone else for helping make yesterday a GREAT EVENT despite this hiccup :)

P

Oh my god! I can't beleive what i've just read? Is this for real or just a joke that only people who went to the meet would understand?!

If serious I hope you get the buggers. Wish I could have made the meet, but only just back in England now after the maddest few days of my life in Amsterdam :)

Guest nickcornaglia

Hope you all had a great time dispite the mishap. And if you'll allow me to be inappropriate this early after the event, I'd like to point out a photo that I believe may hold a clue....

post-4796-1124640879_thumb.jpg

Guest Confucious

Whoever did take it should just return it now, it would be far better for everyone then we can all just forget it and move on.

It was the only bad point in what was otherwise a great day.

Hey guys just wanna say had a great time didnt win the xbox but hey it was all good...didnt manage to sell or hustle anyone though...maybe next time :)

anyway thanks for a great day mono... start planning the next one.. lol

Oh yeha P u have a important pm...

Zim

Paul, im sure you've someone onto it already at Orange - but if needbe, send me the IMEI of the handset via pm and I'll get it blacklisted and actively traced for usage if required to track it down. Bang out of order if it was intended as a prize for a charity fund racer!

Guest Disco Stu

I still can't get my head round it - I was convinced that, like so often, it would be found inside the wrong box or under a chair or something.

I really hope that this incident doesn't affect the image and reputation of MoDaCo with our partners because otherwise all the members I've met are the nicest people you could hope to be in a room with. Or indeed standing in the street with :)

Apart from this it was a fantastic day out - great fun ;)

i could not believe it either.

my brother is checking through all his photos as we speak... better have a look at mine too........

hope the CCTV has done its job!

hope you get em

enjoyed the day very much

did any one understand when the m5000 is coming out either orange branded or otherwise...

really want this devic

hows the xbox going

Edited by cocky

just a thought

there were quite a lot of peeps that left early before the raffle...

at the end of the event we all left our id's in a box if the person who took it did leave infact earlier....they might not have left their id badge...

check it out

Guest Confucious
Did anyone come away with a realllly bad cold? ;)

*posting from sickbed!*

Was that one of the prizes in the raffle? :)

I think I drank enough alcohol to kill off any cold bugs.....

Guest vijay555

Paul - thanks, had a great time.

Loved Chris's hardman tactics. Send me a PM if I can help...

Frankly, I think we all know the true crime - XBOX *cough cough*.

The Orange Exec/Universal: Dom said that it's QVGA only. He said orange wanted "quality over quantity" - but I just read that it's VGA. It was certainly running QVGA, and looked damn poor in any event.

It's certainly a Nokia Communicator type job - ie you need a pack mule running behind you to carry it, but has potential. When HTC gets this all down to the size of the JAM I'll buy one. Until then, I was shocked by how pre-production the finished one looked! It looked literally like a slab of slate. Screen was sharp but needed to be VGA. Keyboard was usable but keys aren't naturally spaced out. Nice form factor though (ie tablet pc style).

V

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.