MDA Pro is released...

Guest Dumdidum

Guest Dumdidum

Hi all

T-Mobile Germany has released the MDA Pro, but yet only to Business customers.

It is in German and, be aware, it has a SIM-Lock and T-Mobile can't provide an unlock yet - and later the unlock will cost 100€ (!)

I have since a few hours a device and the first impression is really great!

Can't test UMTS yet, but I will be able soon!

If you have any questions just ask!

Sven

HI, can you comment on the following:

As Voice command is now built, does bluetooth voicedial work?

Can you read html emails?

How does bluetooth perform with a bluetooth headset, any static?

Have you loaded any apps, freeware included? How stable is WM5?

Thanks for your time.

Guest Dumdidum

Hi

As Voice command is now built, does bluetooth voicedial work?
Yes, it is working perfectly - you even can program that you can open software with a bluetooth headset!! (E.g. : "Word" and it is opening Word)

Can you read html emails?

It does not format the mails, but you can read it, but colors and text size/style is not displayed correctly... (All standard size and black)

How does bluetooth perform with a bluetooth headset, any static?
My device is still SIM-Locked so I could not test calling with headset itself, but voice-dialing is perfect and I had connected my headset for 4 hours without a disconnection...

Have you loaded any apps, freeware included? How stable is WM5?

This will be answered in a few days... At the moment it is quite stable, Activesync is working brilliant, Activesync over bluetooth is great

Thanks for the answers, a few more questions:

When the screen is facing out, how do you dial a number? Is there any software like Smartdialling for dialling and Intellipad for entering text?

How well intergrated is the keyboard with the OS? Can you perform all functions without the stylus using only the keyboard and when using it with only the screen exposed? Thnaks again for your answers.

Guest Dumdidum

Hi

I really like the keyboard - it's not a 10-finger-keyboard but with a bit practice you can use it really fast - the keys are responding very good!

I use a bluetooth Headset with Voice dialing, so I don't have to open the phone! There is a very good Voice Dialing Software included, you even can open software with your voice...

You can perform nearly all things with the keyboard, allthough sometimes it's faster to use your finger :-)

Btw. I am about to finish a driver so you can use the keyboard as bluetooth keyboard for your Desktop PC :-)

Sven

Guest Dumdidum

Media Player is great as on other devices and the VGA grafics with WMP is really outstanding

But: Unfortunatly the WMP does not autosize Videos to fullscreen - so if you watch VGA-Video it's great but if you watch QVGA-Videos you won't have fullscreen...

Sven

Guest Pondrew

I seem to remember there was a program called tweak2k that resolved this issue for Windows Media Player 10 on the Magician and Blue Angel not resizing vids in full screen, instead playing with a border.