battery life sucks!

Guest Trikerider

Guest Trikerider

Hello,

I've an Motorola MPx200 and I'm very happy with this device.

But my battery life is now 6 hours!!!

Normally I could use my phone for 2 days, but now it's 6 hours and my battery is completely empty...

Could anyone help me, I don't know what to do .. !!

Guest Pondrew

Unfortunately it may be time for a new battery. Presumably you've checked the Power Management settings? Did you install any new software before the battery life went bad?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Another thing to try is to turn the power off and charge the phone, when it is fully charged it will vibrate. Then do a hard reset.

If this does not help then it is definately a new battery for you.

If you do get a new battery remember never to try and fully discharge it as you will cause damage to the battery.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I've an Motorola MPx200 and I'm very happy with this device.

But my battery life is now 6 hours!!!

Normally I could use my phone for 2 days, but now it's 6 hours and my battery is completely empty...

Could anyone help me, I don't know what to do .. !!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

İ had my battery life up to 16 hours. after a search a wihle in forums

i found this process---

try it -- now I have battery life for 40 hr although I use gprs -games-msn etc.

**** i dont remmember who wrote it and from which forum ı took instructions ; who ever wrote thanx bro...it really worked 8)

here is what i did ---

Okay, we have all been reading that the hard reset when battery

was full fixed it, or the GSM-fix takes care of it.

Well, maybe it does for some, but it didn't for me. However,

I found one process that seems to work:

1. Upgrade to 2003 on full battery.

2. Do Hard Reset.

3. Power up to 100% on battery.

4. Apply GSM Fix to system.

5. Power up to 100% on battery.

5. Do Hard Reset.

6. Make sure Accept Incoming Beams under the Settings>Beam

category is turned off.

When I did all these steps above, especially the Beam one,

my battery life zoomed from 7hrs to over 35hrs(it may be longer,

that's how long so far). I dont' think it was just turning off

the beam, as I had done that before, and it still was crap.

I think it's all of these, as well as making sure to turn off

the small G over your signal bar when you are done with GPRS

usage(Do a doubletap of the hangup key about 1 sec apart,

and it will disconnect the small G symbol w/in about 10seconds).

I was on the verge of going back, but now I think it's doable

for usage. Hope it helps everyone out there.

---------------*******************-------------------------

Guest awarner [MVP]

With the instructions above ignore items 1,2,3 and 4

Upgrading to 2003 and the GSM fix will not improve the battery life, this is a myth.

It's the Beam that can drain the battery.

Basically as above what you need to do is power off the phone then fully charge it, when it is charged it will vibrate a couple of times.

Now do a Hard Reset and this will set the battery level to it's correct charge level.

If you do a Hard Reset with a partly charged battery you will notice a difference in battery life. On a reset the phone takes the current battery life as a set point for it's fully charged state.

Also looking after your battery helps, do not try to fully discharge it or you will damage the battery. Average battery life should be around 2-3 days with light use.

Don't forget there is no legal upgrade to 2003. :o

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pauliewog
With the instructions above ignore items 1,2,3 and 4

Upgrading to 2003 and the GSM fix will not improve the battery life, this is a myth.

It's the Beam that can drain the battery.

Basically as above what you need to do is power off the phone then fully charge it, when it is charged it will vibrate a couple of times.

Now do a Hard Reset and this will set the battery level to it's correct charge level.

If you do a Hard Reset with a partly charged battery you will notice a difference in battery life. On a reset the phone takes the current battery life as a set point for it's fully charged state.

Also looking after your battery helps, do not try to fully discharge it or you will damage the battery. Average battery life should be around 2-3 days with light use.

Don't forget there is no legal upgrade to 2003. :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok Awarner, going to give yours a try more or less. I have tried this before but failed to reset the phone after flasing the ROM. In turn I had a old moto battery that would not last long at all and to boot it would give me very bad readings on how much life was left in the battery. It would say there would be 85% battery life left and a minute later it would change to 20%. So in turn I bought a new cheapo from ebay which seems to be working well except I do not get 2 days of low use but more like 20 hours with very little use. So I will give it a try, charge to full vibrate with phone off, than pull the charger for a few mins, recharge to make sure than hard reset. Will leave another post on how this works overall.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Once charged do not pull the charger and try and recharge again

as it will not help in any way.

Just charge the once then do the Hard Reset.

On another note if you are in a poor reception area the battery will not last long if the phone has to hunt for a signal all the time.

Guest TOPGUN1988

Just for your knowledge i charged my motorolla up to 100%, upgraded to Windows Mobile 2003 and battery standby time zoomed to 2,5 days and talk time up to 6 hrs. u should do tha same esse

Guest m1.carson

Hi,

It was definitely the beam that killed my battery life, after having had a file beamed, my battery life went down to about four hours, it's no problem now I've turned off the beam, but I charge it every night anyway.