AutoFlight V4.1.1

Guest cyberhorse

Hi Drag77,

I have completed AutoFlight 4.0 Beta6 which is compatible with WM5 and QVGA. Also it is capable of switching Meeting/Normal, Loud/Noraml, Automatic/Normal on any customized Quick List. But i have not published it on my page because we are in Spring Festival, about a week of holiday. If you are interested in trial beta version, you can download from here.

I am looking for your feedback information:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THX!! I install it and test it. It's working!! I See about and there you write only 3 days working :D Can i use it more then 3 days? Can i buy it,or i can help you for the test? :)

bye drag

Edited by Drag77

Guest cyberhorse
THX!! I install it and test it. It's working!! I See about and there you write only 3 days working :D Can i use it more then 3 days? Can i buy it,or i can help you for the test? :)

bye drag

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, the final packaging is 27th, Jan in Peking time, but i have tested it more time. It also is beta version in any case, you have to risk bugs :D . If you are interested in adventure, you can try it :) ; If you can find bugs and report me with enough detail informations to locate it, then i will thank you with a license. It will be published recently if there is no severe bugs. Any registered user can free upgrade from previous version.

Guest cyberhorse
What is the difference between versions en and sp?

Thanks,

Robert

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The version sp is for Spanish language. But it is still uncompleted because i have not got Spanish voices or the rules of speaking time in Spanish. I don't understand how to speak Spanish language. It was trnaslated by Ktalangsm, a spain friend.

Guest Ktalangsm
The version sp is for Spanish language. But it is still uncompleted because i have not got Spanish voices or the rules of speaking time in Spanish. I don't understand how to speak Spanish language. It was trnaslated by Ktalangsm, a spain friend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, cyberhorse, in next days send to you the rules for spain...

Regards!

Edited by Ktalangsm

Guest cyberhorse
Hi, cyberhorse, in next days send to you the rules for spain...

Regards!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Ktalangsm! I am looking for your rules of speaking time in Spainsh.

Regards!

Guest cyberhorse

Hi all,

I am sorry that i have found a shortcoming in v4b6 version, that is about Program task type. If you have selected a program or document acting as object of Program task, however, you have deleted this program or document from Start Menu later but have not changed the task. It is cause a prompt screen about the program is not found at the task's scheduled time and would block tasks after that time if you don't cancel it. Very sorry my poor English, I don't know if my describe is apprehensible :D . I have remove this shortcoming in the final release which have not been published yet but you may look for it recently if there is not big bug :) .

• 1 month later...
Guest Islanti

I see version 4 has been released, but there is no new thread for this version? I'll add my comments here, but hopefully a new thread will be started soon.

I have a problem with v4 unfortunately. The main menu shows 12 tasks, but the menu only allows me to cycle through 11. This is on the new T-Mobile US SDA (AKA HTC Tornado / i-mate SP5).

Would it be possible to add an option to set the default to "Automatic" instead of "Normal"? This would cut the number of tasks I have to define in half!

Guest cyberhorse
I see version 4 has been released, but there is no new thread for this version?  I'll add my comments here, but hopefully a new thread will be started soon.

I have a problem with v4 unfortunately.  The main menu shows 12 tasks, but the menu only allows me to cycle through 11.  This is on the new T-Mobile US SDA (AKA HTC Tornado / i-mate SP5).

Would it be possible to add an option to set the default to "Automatic" instead of "Normal"?  This would cut the number of tasks I have to define in half!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Islanti to remind me. I would add a new thread about version 4. There is some changes between v4.0 and v4beta. I am too busy.

The last task, 12th task of QVGA or 8th task of non-QVGA, is reserved for appointments from Calendar program. You can insert a string sign into the title of an appointment so as to AutoFlight can switch flight mode on/off or profiles according the date and time of the appointment. For example, insert "#f#" to title of the appointment, to have autoflight switch flight mode on at the time of the appointment start, and switch flight mode off at the time of the appointment end. All string sign is listed below:

#f# switches flight mode on/off

#p# power off

#r# Reset

#s# switches silent/normal

#l# switches Loud/normal

#m# switches meeting/normal

#a# switches automatic/normal

Guest Islanti
The last task, 12th task of QVGA or 8th task of non-QVGA, is reserved for appointments from Calendar program.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why wouldn't you make Task 12 user-configurable and use a hidden task 13 for

the calendar? This would be more intuitive than displaying something the

user can't edit.

So what about the profile? It seems to always go back to "Normal" after a

scheduled event. It would be much easier if the "default" profile was user

configured, so people could set this according to their needs. As I

mentioned in my original post, I have to have twice the tasks because of

this.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest duncan888

If i schedule a time for soft reset and I am in a middle of a call at the time of the reset, will it reset anyway and cut the phonecall?

Guest cyberhorse
If i schedule a time for soft reset and I am in a middle of a call at the time of the reset, will it reset anyway and cut the phonecall?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am sorry to answer "Yes". But i am going to resolve this problem in the next version.

Guest duncan888
I am sorry to answer "Yes". But i am going to resolve this problem in the next version.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks cyberhorse, I assume this will will apply to switching to flight mode too. Maybe it should auto snooze the reboot/shutdown or switch to flight mode until the phone has been unactive for a couple of minutes.

Any ideas when the next version will be out?

I've actually only just downloaded the trial version 4.01, I'm having problems with setting it to flight mode and reset. when the phone reboots/flight mode off and the pin screen appears, it does nothing. I have entered my pin into the options menu, in both pin box and unlock box with no luck.

Please advise. Thanks

p.s I have a Imate SP5m with the latest firmware which came out about a week ago.

Edited by duncan888

Guest cyberhorse
Thanks cyberhorse, I assume this will will apply to switching to flight mode too.  Maybe it should auto snooze the reboot/shutdown or switch to flight mode until the phone has been unactive for a couple of minutes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it also apply to switching to flight mode too. The method maybe is to test line status to determine when to switch flight mode off or reset.

Any ideas when the next version will be out?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In next version, maybe 4.1.0, i am also plan to improve Alarms function to be capable of mp3 and improve switching profiles to have it return to any mode or previous mode.

I've actually only just downloaded the trial version 4.01, I'm having problems with setting it to flight mode and reset.  when the phone reboots/flight mode off and the pin screen appears, it does nothing.  I have entered my pin into the options menu, in both pin box and unlock box with no luck.

Please advise.  Thanks

p.s I have a Imate SP5m with the latest firmware which came out about a week ago.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

About switching flight mode off under PIN code protected, Auotflight v4.0.1 can test with SIM functions whether or not the phone is under PIN code protecting and whether or not there is a screen to ask PIN code input, and then input PIN code to the screen automatically. Maybe your phone, Imate SP5m, can not call these function because it is protected by privilege license. ... But are you sure you have enabled PIN code option in Option screen? Because it would not switching to flight mode off after Reset under PIN code protecting in v4.0.1. Maybe it is also the problem of calling SIM functions fail, but i am not sure. I will check code again this evening. It is about 1:00 PM now, it is office time ;)

Thanks you for your feedbeck information.

Guest duncan888
Yes, it also apply to switching to flight mode too.  The method maybe is to test line status to determine when to switch flight mode off or reset.

In next version, maybe 4.1.0, i am also plan to improve Alarms function to be capable of mp3 and improve switching profiles to have it return to any mode or previous mode.

About switching flight mode off under PIN code protected, Auotflight v4.0.1 can test with SIM functions whether or not the phone is under PIN code protecting and whether or not there is a screen to ask PIN code input, and then input PIN code to the screen automatically. Maybe your phone, Imate SP5m, can not call these function because it is protected  by privilege license. ... But are you sure you have enabled PIN code option in Option screen? Because it would not switching to flight mode off after Reset under PIN code protecting in v4.0.1. Maybe it is also the problem of calling SIM functions fail, but i am not sure. I will check code again this evening. It is about 1:00 PM now, it is office time  ;)

Thanks you for your feedbeck information.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for they reply. I have checked the option settings and the Pin Code Option is definately on (tick box ticked). My phone is completely unlocked, I can install any application (application unlocked) and network unlocked.

I also have a problem with phone restart. When the task executes it switches to flight mode, then reboots. When reboot has finished it stays in flight mode on the homescreen.

I have also turned OFF the SIM PIN and tried the reboot task and the same thing happens, it says in flight mode after reboot.

I'd be happy to test updates on the SP5m for you to resolve these problems.

Many thanks

Edited by duncan888

Guest Islanti

I am experiencing many times where AutoFlight fails to update the profile. A post from MoDaCo *here* details how you can use a command-line program to change the profiles on the Smartphone.

Additionally, the reboot function in AutoFlight has never rebooted my phone.

Guest cyberhorse
any progress cyberhorse?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am sorry that i am too busy and forgot to reply you. Also the Modaco did not notify me the new post of this title.

I have checked code and i am sure if you have ticked box of PIN code then after executing reset automatically under flight off (phone on) it will stay in flight mode on but not switching to flight mode off automatically. It is not a bug. It is a change after v4.0.1. What i did check code is to ensure that this behavior is not depending on SIM test function but only depending on the ticked box of PIN code on Option screen. So you had said that "when the phone reboots/flight mode off and the pin screen appears, it does nothing. ", this is indecated that you maybe did not tick box of PIN code.

BTW, maybe i will change to depending on SIM test function in next version if it is available generally.

Guest cyberhorse
I also have a problem with phone restart. When the task executes it switches to flight mode, then reboots.  When reboot has finished it stays in flight mode on the homescreen.

I have also turned OFF the SIM PIN and tried the reboot task and the same thing happens, it says in flight mode after reboot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is not a bug. It is a change after v4.0.1. I suggest you to add another task to switch flight mode along with the Reset task, for example, task1 to switch flight mode begining at 7:27 and ending at 7:32 and task2 to reboot at 7:30.

Guest cyberhorse
I am experiencing many times where AutoFlight fails to update the profile.  A post from MoDaCo *here* details how you can use a command-line program to change the profiles on the Smartphone. 

Additionally, the reboot function in AutoFlight has never rebooted my phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Islanti very much. I have tested AutoProf.exe on emulator and it works perfectly. I will apply this method in the next version. It is marvelous! ;)

Guest duncan888

Thanks for the reply cyberhouse, I have turned off the PIN for now, but the flight mode task isnt very reliable. I have only been using this application since Sunday, and twice it has failed to turn flight mode off when it was set to to turn off. Task is set (flight mode on - 12:30am) to (flight mode off - 7:15). Maybe the suggestion from Islanti is the way to go.

P.S I can assure you that the PIN Code tick box was ticked with no effect.

Guest cyberhorse
Thanks for the reply cyberhouse, I have turned off the PIN for now, but the flight mode task isnt very reliable. I have only been using this application since Sunday, and twice it has failed to turn flight mode off when it was set to to turn off.  Task is set  (flight mode on - 12:30am) to (flight mode off - 7:15).  Maybe the suggestion from Islanti is the way to go.

P.S  I can assure you that the PIN Code tick box was ticked with no effect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am sorry i late for reply your post again.

I just have renew version to 4.0.3 to adjust unlock time to improve switching reliability. I suggest you to have try the last version again. It maybe OK.

About unlocking PIN code problem, I doubt if it is a problem about multi number SIM card. Maybe the new method of testing PIN code inputting do not fit multi number SIM card or some special card. Can you tell me what is type of your SIM card?

Thanks

Guest duncan888

I've given the new version a test, and the same pin problem still occurs.

The sim card I have is just a standard Orange UK sim card, only one number.

Guest cyberhorse
I've given the new version a test, and the same pin problem still occurs.

The sim card I have is just a standard Orange UK sim card, only one number.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your reply.

I will restore and improve previous method of PIN code management in next minor version.

• 4 weeks later...