Line 2 on SPV M500

Guest jarold

I've heard rumours that Line 2 does not work on the SPV M500, can anyone confirm?

I have an SPV C500 and was thinking of upgrading but I really need Line 2.

I do find it difficult to believe that a device like this (with so much organiser/business focus) would not support Line 2!

Thanks chucky.egg

Looks like back to the drawing board and choose another orange phone for my upgrade (and that M500 was looking the best of all worlds! not too big, easy to read screen, decent camera etc. etc.)

Oh well, just a pity I can't change networks!

• 1 month later...

Apologies for reviving such an old thread, but surely if it was the case that Line2 was available on some phones and not others, it would be pointed out in the marketing blurb.

In particular, I am thinking here :

http://www.orange.co.uk/business/corporate...e2_section.html

The above link is particularly relevant as the M500 is classed as a business phone (elsewhere on the same site) and businesses are the type of customer Line 2 is aimed at!

Makes little sense ... there is no disclaimer to point out that Line 2 is ONLY available on selected handsets.

In the unlikely event that anyone is interested, Line 2 is not supported on any mobile running Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket Pc Edition, ony Smartphone edition.

Will this change with PPC Windows Mobile 5? Well, we can hope!

Absolutely ludicrous...

In the unlikely event that anyone is interested, Line 2 is not supported on any mobile running Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket Pc Edition, ony Smartphone edition.

Will this change with PPC Windows Mobile 5? Well, we can hope!

Absolutely ludicrous...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my c500 fully supports line 2 i will just have to get rid of it when i get me M5000

my c500 fully supports line 2 i will just have to get rid of it when i get me M5000

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, I have the c500 too but kinda like the M500. So, if I am to keep the upgrade (which I will get tomorrow), I will have to ditch Line 2 also - which I am reluctant to do as I have the discontinued and much sought after ED50 tariff on that line ;-)

Only thing that comes anywhere near to that is Vodafone PAYG using 'Stop the clock' but that will mean using another phone. ;)

Anyway .... I digress.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DJDonut

Having a similar issue with Line 2 and M5000 and so am trying to transfer my Line 2 number to a PAYG sim.

I'm told by orange that this is impossible but I don't believe them. Has anyone ever managed to PAC a line 2 number or transfer it to another account or otherwise.

Thanks

Having a similar issue with Line 2 and M5000 and so am trying to transfer my Line 2 number to a PAYG sim.

I'm told by orange that this is impossible but I don't believe them. Has anyone ever managed to PAC a line 2 number or transfer it to another account or otherwise.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried this too but Orange were having none of it. I asked that they transfer my Line 2 onto a separate sim card so that I could still use EveryDay 50 which I currently have on my Line 2. I was told it is not possible but like you I did not believe him so I asked straight out if it was that it can't be done or it won't be done ... to which he replied that it would be operating outside the business model.

I think the issue here is that Orange do not like EveryDay 50 customers and would rather the line is cancelled than assist in moving it elsewhere. More Orange Simplification!

IF you manage to get anywhere with your request, please let me know and I will give it another go. Perhaps best to call in the early hours as the night staff seem to have more of a free reign in what they do. :)