still can't figure it out ..

Guest boo13

hi everyone. ok, here's the deal. i copied a layout from my sister's phone (WM2002) and it's named simple.home and i pasted it into the /windows folder on my phone (WM2003). now, do i have to install it or something? do i do that from the phone, or do i need a program to install it? cuz when i select it on my phone, all it says is ...

"No home screen layouts can be found. Install a valid home screen layout and then select it using the Home Screen item in Settings"

can anyone figure out how to install layouts on the phone? any kinda help would be appreciated. thanks a lot!!

oh yes, and i forgot. about themes. i want the mint theme on my phone. where should i put that also. and do i just copy and past again? i think it's an xml file. it says mint.scheme, but when i click on the properties, it says xml file. thx again!

Guest awarner [MVP]

All homescreen themes need to be in the Application Data\Home folder

ubnless the file is a cab or hme extension and then you need the file to install them rather than place the files in there yourself.

ok, now we're getting somewhere .. but not quite there. ok, say they are .cab or .hme files. i want to install them on my phone. so how exactly do i do that? do i do it through the computer, or through the phone. do i need a program installed on my phone to do it? or do i open it? any help would again, be great!!! :o