Smartphone to PC and back again.

Guest RequiredUser

Guest RequiredUser

Hi all,

I'm a beginner when it comes to mobile applications and certainly havent used webservices before. My plan is to use a Web Service to transfer data from the phone(s) to the pc, have the PC do some number spinning and then send out the result(s).

Seeing as i'm a little lost i thought i'd ask, this sounds about normal doesnt it? Also anyone know of any good tutorials/explinations that might get me going on my way?

:edit:

Forgot to say i'm doing it in C# hopefully, or would C++ be easier?

Edited by RequiredUser

I have done this for my WMP Remote app - it updates the Server and Client software via webservice.

I use ASP.NET for that :o (C# code behind)

.NET is much easier than C++ and is really powerful too! keep with .NET

but i dont quite understand what you are trying to do - create an app to transfer data from PC to phone? use activesync!

Edited by Tech

Guest RequiredUser
but i dont quite understand what you are trying to do - create an app to transfer data from PC to phone? use activesync!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm trying to write a game that can be played anywhere of sorts, with multiple users... so they can be out and about and send the required info from the fone via the web to the webservice, the program on the pc will cover the brunt of the calculations and send back certain information to the fones dependent on the results on the program on the pc. If that makes any sense :S