Audiovox Smt5600 Rom Backup And Update

Guest emilsoft

Guest emilsoft

Hello everyone,

As you may notice, I'm fairly new to the wonderful world of Smartphones. :( I just purchased an Audiovox SMT5600 Smartphone with a Cingular plan. After messing around with it I now would like to know how to restore the ROM and the system to its previous state (the original default factory system). Basically revert it back to a clean install.

Also, I read on these forums that Windows Mobile 5.0 is starting to become available on Smartphones and that neither Audiovox nor Cingular plan on providing a ROM update for it, eventhough all the Microsoft demos were done using the same phone.

So my question is, would it also be possible to backup my ROM and install a WM 5.0 one? If yes, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated. :o

Guest Paraklas

To restore your phone in its factory settings you can use the "hard reset" function which you can find a lot more info how to do it if you search here a bit.

Nop, you cannot backup your current ROM. Installing another ROM will overwrite everything you have.

Nevertheless you can install Windows Mobile 5 to your phone; WM5 has never been officialy released for the current smartphones (Audiovox SMT5600, Motorola mp220, etc) so it's illegal and you will have no support from your provider.

Guest emilsoft
To restore your phone in its factory settings you can use the "hard reset" function which you can find a lot more info how to do it if you search here a bit.

Nop, you cannot backup your current ROM. Installing another ROM will overwrite everything you have.

Nevertheless you can install Windows Mobile 5 to your phone; WM5  has never been officialy released for the current smartphones (Audiovox SMT5600, Motorola mp220, etc) so it's illegal and you will have no support from your provider.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for you reply. I searched the forums and found out how to perform a "hard reset".

As far as the WM 5.0 upgrade goes, I would really like to upgrade even if it's not supported by the provider, as long as I know that it will fully work on my phone without any problems.

Has anyone here even tried installing it on a Typhoon variant? :(

Thanks. :o

Guest vimafeje

..... installing wm5 on SPV C500/SMT5600/.../etc is ilegal?

i have a spv c500 with wm5 instaled! it's 99%ok , the camera is slow....

i do not understand why doing this is ilegal, i buy the smartphone, it's mine, if i put something in him, it's my reponsabiliti! if i loose waranty, it's my responsabiliti, i'm not making ORANGE lose money.....

Guest Disco Stu
..... installing wm5 on SPV C500/SMT5600/.../etc is ilegal?

i have a spv c500 with wm5 instaled! it's 99%ok , the camera is slow....

i do not understand why doing this is ilegal, i buy the smartphone, it's mine, if i put something in him, it's my reponsabiliti! if i loose waranty, it's my responsabiliti, i'm not making ORANGE lose money.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would assume Microsoft hold the copyrights to WM05 and would licence it to Orange etc, both of whom would have rights over its distribution.

Whatever, we do not allow discussion on this forum.