Flat Rate GPRS on Orange (if you're PAYG...)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Well Orange have done it again... they've created a deal for their Pay-As-You-Go customers that out does what is offered to the loyal contract customers!

If you are a Pay as you Go customer, you can now buy Unlimited GPRS, on a day by day basis, for the princely sum of £1 per day.

Full details can be found here at the Orange website, which says the following:

daily Extras

amount of browsing: unlimited

cost: £1

validity: until 23:59:59 on day of purchase

The caveats:

Orange World Access Daily 

1. Orange World Access Daily provides up to one day's unlimited browsing for £1. 

2. Orange World Access Daily can only be used in the UK. Any GPRS or CSD use outside of the UK will be charged at the relevant current international rates. 

3.  Orange World Access Daily is not available on 3G phones.

It's a pretty cool deal if you're out and about and want to do some streaming, will be picking up some big mails etc.

Now the obvious question for Orange...

Why do you treat your loyal contract customers so poorly? Why do you refuse to offer 'flat rate' GPRS for contract customers in the face of huge demand, but then offer if on PAYG?

It kinda makes you think you'd be better off on PAYG instead of contract doesn't it!

I'll let you know when I get a response from Orange themselves...

P

Guest farq001

Also makes you think its worth carrying a spare PAYG orange SIM for when you want to take advantage of this. It's only £1 for a PAYG SIM delivered from the Orange website. A very wise £1 spent if you ask me!! :o

Guest nevawlkalone
Also makes you think its worth carrying a spare PAYG orange SIM for when you want to take advantage of this. It's only £1 for a PAYG SIM delivered from the Orange website. A very wise £1 spent if you ask me!!  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That what i do atm i swap my cards between my c550 and my old 6230. Am trying to get hold of a multi sim adaptor so i can have two numbers in my c550. Any one know where i can get my mits on one???????@?

Guest tsutton

Bah, that's so poor from Orange... guess I need to dig out my spare Orange PAYG SIM card to take up this offer!

Like nevawlkalone said, looking for dual SIM holder for my C500 phone.

Guest nevawlkalone

Come on theres 28 users reading this post (when i rote this )some one must be able to help me n tsutton out!!! :o :( :lol: :P :D :D

Edited by nevawlkalone

I've been using it for a while, and while it's good, it's certainly not perfect.

Firstly, when you text to sign up each day, it is an hour before it takes effect.

The text back, confirming that it has taken effect sometimes takes 5 or 6 hours to come through, so you're not 100% sure it's active. This has meant I've been stung a few times, where it's actually been charging me the normal rate, and the first I've known of it has been when I've run out of credit, and it's disconnected me from GPRS.

Also, sometimes, when you text to activate it at the start of the day, it'll come back to you and say that you're already subscribed (when you're not), and you have to keep trying until it decides to let you, and then wait an hour for it to take effect - or risk using it, and possibly being charged per kb.

So, a good deal, but not perfect for all.

Good idea, but there'd be a good chance it'd decide you were already signed up at that time of the morning, and you wouldn't know until you checked your phone in the morning.

Definately worth a try though.

Guest nevawlkalone
So what if I wrote a program that SMS'd (or dialled) your signup each day at say, 00:30?

That'd be kinda cool, and pretty easy.

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like a damn good idea, but you should also include the option of when you do. For exampl if you have no credit, or dont want it that day or something like that.

,Oct 12 2005, 15:04]I've been using Five Live streaming a bit of late, pretty cool for that!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I want to use it for streaming my self in the car and as such I was looking at the Web n Walk tariff from TMobile - which if you ask me has prompted this change any way - let the data war begin - it can only be good for us lot.

But - has any one stoped to think - £1 a day is not bad but add that up over a month suddnely your paying around £30 plus calls !!

Terran

Edited by ccsnet

Guest nevawlkalone

I've installed that software (beta) (that tigernet suggested) and it comes up with "this beta has expired"!!!!!

EDIT- sorry cant spell

Edited by nevawlkalone

Guest chucky.egg

:roll: gawd bless Orange!

For me though this is a little late. I got an M500 in part because I can connect to WiFi and not have to pay for GPRS when at home or work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.