The Saga Continues

Guest rickyburke

Guest rickyburke

Mobiles.co.uk are getting stock of the M5000 on monday and it's available for order now.

here is their Tariff Page so you can decide which suits you best, they are very reasonably priced!

Edited by rickyburke

Guest Confucious
are getting stock of the M5000 on monday

How many times have suppliers taken orders for stock "due in" and then disappointed.

I hope I'm wrong.

Prices, as expexted, are a lot more than t-Mobile but as I've just bought an XDA Exec off eBay (I'm collecting it this afternoon, hopefully) it doesn't matter to me.

Good luck.

Guest rickyburke

With regards to prices, i didnt see T-mobile offering it for £49.99 on a £50 per month contract, especially a 12 month contract!

Also i have dealt with Mobiles.co.uk in the past and (touch wood) they have never announced anything they cant deliver.

ive bought my last 3 phones through them, even the m2000 which i got a long time before it hit Orange's website.

Guest Confucious

I am just an old cynic - Hopefully I'm wrong.

You're right, T-mob don't offer the higher use price plans and are 18 month contracts , I'm just a bit hacked off with O at the moment and probably should think before I type.

Hope you get your M5000 on Monday, it is a lovely piece of kit ;)

Guest dazza12

I'm also very cynical - especially when I've just got off the phone to the Orange Executive office and was told the release date.

They are aware of this site, and are not happy as the terms of their agreement was that they were not to sell or ship the product until the official launch date.

It won't suprise me if Orange are in contact with this company sometime today to impose a stop on this.

Edited by dazza12

Guest Larnsky
I'm also very cynical - especially when I've just got off the phone to the Orange Executive office and was told the release date.

They are aware of this site, and are not happy as the terms of their agreement was that they were not to sell or ship the product until the official launch date.

It won't suprise me if Orange are in contact with this company sometime today to impose a stop on this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So when is the release date then? ..... I really want to wait to get it through Orange!

Guest rhaleuk
Thats what i'd like to know.... i'm going on holiday on Friday, and would really love to get it before i go!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol... I go on Sunday and was hoping for the same!

Guest Larnsky

Actually i should have said a week Friday! but still i'd really like to know when they do intend to release it! Have to fight the urge to get the EXEC!

Guest rickyburke

Dont get an exec!!!!

A lot of people like the black exec, but dont you remember years ago everyone had black laptops, black home stereos and the like, now its all about silver, a la the M2000.

ive got an Orange guy calling me this week to give me the exact release date direct from Orange, as soon as he knows i'll let you know. he said probably early next week, which fits with whats being said elsewhere.

I've still got the option to cancel the order with mobiles.co.uk so whichever one of the 2 has it available first, i'm going with.

Guest Larnsky

Yeah the main thing putting me off the exec is the fact its on O2, although i did go and look at one the other night, when the orange shop failed to have a demo one, and it took a lot of will power to walk back out of the shop!! ;)

Well i've waited this long i may aswell wait till next week to see if its released then..... hope it is! 8)

Yeah keep us posted.. that'll be great!

Guest rickyburke

from hearing people talking about the exec and mda pro, seems there are a lot of bugs with the networks inbuilt software, Orange release phones late as they usually test their phones more thoroughly, so this could be a reason for all the delays, this is going to be their flagship phone for the foreseeable, so i'm sure they want it right.

Guest Larnsky

Yeah i'm sure it is just Orange sorting out all the bugs before they release, which is a good thing really, and i know it'll be a better product for it, I'm just impatient at the end of the day, and it takes 100 times longer when you're waiting for something and could get it elsewhere!!

Fingers crossed for Monday though!

Guest dazza12

The expected release date is expected to be on or just before 1st November.

It is possible that mobiles.co.uk has it in stock before this, but they are apparently not allowed to sell it before Orange offer it.

Guest Larnsky

I'll give up on hoping to get it before i go on holiday on the 28th then...... mind you that won't stop me pestering Orange every other day!! ;)

Is that a reliable date?

Guest dazza12

Reliable in the sense that it won't be later than the 1st. And that was directly from the Product Manager.

It's possible it may be released before this, but they are aiming to be no later than the 1st Nov.

Guest Larnsky
Reliable in the sense that it won't be later than the 1st. And that was directly from the Product Manager.

It's possible it may be released before this, but they are aiming to be no later than the 1st Nov.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That will do me.... Thanks!! ;)

Guest rickyburke

i thought it was common knowledge that it was going to be before the 1st, sorry, would have told you all sooner if id known u werent aware, as i said before ive got a guy at orange phoning me literally the second its available, so as long as im near my pc, ill let u all know, im hopeful of monday 24th.

Guest dazza12

Why would it be common knowledge? Orange have given out several dates which have come and gone. Even former colleagues who are part of the supply chain were expecting it to be out by now. After all, stock has been at Orange for some time now.

According to the product manager responsible for the M5000, the expected date of launch is the 1st. If it's a couple of days earlier, that's ok but they are aiming for the 1st at the latest. I've brought up with him the fact that mobiles.co.uk are stating it's available from the 24th, Orange aren't too happy about this and will be having words with them. Retailers are expected to have stock delivered to them over the next week, but they've been told they can't sell it until Orange officially launch the product in the UK.

I'm not saying that it's not being released on the 24th, just that the organ grinders (as opposed to the monkeys) at Orange are aiming for a 1st Nov launch.

Looking at mobiles.co.uk pricing, I'd rather wait than pay over £400 for an upgrade. It's looking to be free or £50 max on my current contract via Orange.

The only M5000s that should have been distributed before now are the 40 or so that were given out to press and mobile industry contacts for reviews and software testing. About the same number were released internally for similar reasons.

Whenever it's released, I should have mine the day after. It helps to know how to navigate your way round Orange - after a lengthy conversation today with the right contacts, I've managed to get one reserved.

Guest Larnsky

No i didn't know it was epected for the first, I have heard many dates over the last few months that have come and gone as mentioned, it is obvious now though that the product must be ready, and if retailers were getting stock over the next week, i don't see why they wouldn't release it sooner, as they're obviously happy with the testing that has been done on the device if they already have them in stock.

Well fingers crossed for a sooner date, but from past experience with any company if they say on or before a date i've not ever known it to actually be before that date, but here's hoping!

Fancy getting me one of those reserved aswell Dazza ;)

I'll look on to see if mobiles.co.uk deliver yours on Monday for you! fingers crossed eh!

Guest rickyburke

calm down dazza12

don't think even your super duper friend at Orange would appreciate you calling the staff their monkeys.

We're all in the same boat here, even if you do think your better than the rest of us, you still haven't got one, just like everyone else!

It helps to know how to navigate your way round Orange - after a lengthy conversation today with the right contacts, I've managed to get one reserved

oooooooooohhhhhh, arent you a clever boy.

;)

Guest dazza12

Don't take it personally, I wasn't having a go at you or anyone. There was no need for sarcasm. Nothing for me to calm down for as I can't really see where I lost my temper?

I don't think I'm any better than anyone on here. In fact, I've never suggested it. If anything, you're the one who's hinting at having a 'friend' that seems to know more than anyone else at Orange.

Yes, the call centre staff at Orange are monkeys. All they need to do is refer to a script, and from the experience of many on here, if they don't know they guess rather than finding out the real answer.

I don't have some 'super duper friend' who works for Orange. I run a company that, amongst other things works in the field of mobile data. I have worked with Orange on several occasions, and have contacts at the various networks in the UK. All I have done is call a couple of contacts in the correct departments at Orange and got a response from the product manager. Maybe your friend can give you the product manager's shortcode and extension number so you can check with him?

Mobiles.co.uk may well be offering the phone for sale from the 24th, but it's not the intended release date from Orange. If you're happy to pay over £400 for an upgrade just to have the phone a week early, that's up to you. But they'll run out before everyone else, and won't be re-stocked until everyone else is.

> oooooooooohhhhhh, arent you a clever boy.

Do you reckon? Thank you.

Guest rickyburke

if you read my previous post, you'd note i'm not paying £400 for an upgrade, i'm getting it as a free upgrade.

and whether they run out early or not is irrelevant, because if i have one, whats the difference?

to be quite honest Orange phoned me yesterday after i had reserved one with mobiles.co.uk. they assured me that the phone will be out next week and i will have it the day it comes out, free of charge as an early upgrade, this was also confirmed by an area manager at orange.

Guest dazza12

Well it looks like we're both getting it as a free upgrade on the day it's coming out then. Whether that's sometime next week or a week on Monday we both seem to have already reserved one.

I only refer to the £400 charge, as that's what mobiles.co.uk show on the price list you referred to. I did read your earlier post - if you're referring to the one that shows their price list.