The Saga Continues

Guest rickyburke

Guest dolphinsmile
I've just given mobiles.co.uk a call. After a lengthy delay, I was told it's due within the next couple of weeks. Shame their website still says 'during the week of the 24th'.

I've also called Orange. I've finally had enough. I've got my PAC code, and I'm off to the O2 & Tmobile shops this afternoon to see who can offer me the best deal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Been with Orange for 9 years but

I’ve my PAC code now too. Will we have to wait a month before swapping to o2 or can it be done tomorrow?

The Black unlocked device and better signal from o2 have made my decision.

Is it possible to get two sims with the same number so that I could have a compact o2 3G for travelling light?

Guest dazza12

I've now been to both the O2 and Tmobile shops. Tmobile looks to be the better deal, but my local store (Yeovil) is out of stock with no word of any more coming in.

O2 has it in, but it seems a bit pricey unless I'm prepared to sign up for a £75 a month account. And that's with no data.

I've got the brochures, and I'm thinking very hard and carefully about my options. I've got my PAC code from Orange, I don't have to use it as it will expire after 30 days. So if Orange do launch the phone by the 1st Nov, I've still got the option of sticking with them. They do offer the best deal, but it's no good if the phone is non-existant.

Rickyburke, it looks like we both phoned up on the same day. I was one of the lucky ones who rang Orange on the day the M2000 was released. My mate who rang them the following week had to wait until early this year to get his!

Guest dazza12
Been with Orange for 9 years but

I’ve my PAC code now too. Will we have to wait a month before swapping to o2 or can it be done tomorrow?

The Black unlocked device and better signal from o2 have made my decision.

Is it possible to get two sims with the same number so that I could have a compact o2 3G for travelling light?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can go into an O2 store now with your PAC code. As I understand it, you have the O2 phone on an O2 number until the time your Orange contract expires. At that point, the number will then be live on your O2 phone. It can't be ported sooner, as you have to give Orange 30 days notice to disconnect.

If you contact Orange to disconnect and therefore terminate the number, they can't give you the PAC code.

As regards the two sim query, it's possible on Orange business, and I think Vodafone do it. However, I'm not aware of O2 offering it. It might be worth giving them a call.

Guest Pondrew
Rickyburke, it looks like we both phoned up on the same day. I was one of the lucky ones who rang Orange on the day the M2000 was released. My mate who rang them the following week had to wait until early this year to get his!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I ended up leaving Orange in order to get an HTC Blue Angel (the T-Mobile MDA III). There wasn't any stock at Orange for what seemed like Months after their initial M2000 stock ran out.

Always seems to happen...

Guest rickyburke

it was a bit weird, because when i found out about it at the time, i wondered if Orange would have any replacements in case i needed one for any reason, they said yes, they have loads, so they had enough for insurance purposes, but not for new customers.

strange.

Guest Larnsky

All i ever hear from Orange is sometime in October subject to change, but everyone i have spoken to has been trained on the device weeks/months ago, and they've all said that normally happens 2 weeks before release (in their experience)

But there is this date of the 1st November knocking around... which is next Tuesday isn't it? I hope it is no later then that, for Oranges sake if nothing else..... they must be losing a fair few customers from this kind of thing!

The only reason i stick to them is because i've always been with them and have never had any problems, always good on the phone and with their insurance you can get a new replacment phone the next day! Plus i get great reception around here.... Infact weren't Orange founded in Bristol?!

But even with all these perks i have been looking at O2, from past experience i could normally get a better deal elsewhere, i just like Orange and have convinced everyone i know to join them, so i hope they do release the phone soon so i can stick with them!

I'm using my M1000 in my final year project at uni, and i know i'll do something to it soon that'll kill it, so i'd really like to have another phone to use! LOL ;)

Guest dazza12

Yes they were founded in Bristol, right next to the M4/M5 interchange. If you're ever driving along that way, look for the RAC tower, and it's right behind that. And dotted all over the place for about the next mile.

I used to do a bit of work for them there. A 2 hour commute each way every day (I live in Yeovil). But the signal round here is excellent. As far as I can see, there's only a few places in Somerset where the signal goes, and when it does it's only for a quarter mile or so. Never lost my signal in Bristol or the surrounding areas. Even 3G seems to have fairly good coverage round here.

I've decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. If it's not released by next Tuesday, I'm off. If they can't release it by then, then I really can't take Orange seriously any more. May keep my contract going but on almost the minimum level with a basic phone.

Guest Larnsky

Yeah i know the buildings, drive past it most days!

Yeah i'm not leaving before next Tuesday, but if its not out then i'm off, and taking everyone i can with me!! LOL

Guest rickyburke

Orange CS says that it is still pencilled in for an October release, although the person i spoke to was not very hopeful of seeing it in the next week, more like the week beginning the 7th November (My Birthday WooHoo)

Also spoke to Mobiles.co.uk who say that Orange have been dicking them about with the release dates as much as everyone else and they arent expecting stock until around the 7th.

Guest eggedd2k

i've just got off the phone to Orange Small Business customer services. the first person i spoke to said that it was showing on their system as being released but was showing zero stock and no prices (new or upgrades) were showing either. I told her that wasnt good enough and was transferred to the line manager.

i gave the line manager some grief saying that our contract was due for renewal in january (which it is) and that O2 etc were all after our business and that they could supply the m5000 now if we were with them.

the line manager said what I had already been told (each week for the past 5 weeks):-

- it isnt available yet

- they have absolutely no details at all when it will be released. any dates that have been mentioned so far will have been made up - even if there was a date orange would know about it and it would say so on their web site.

the fact that i told them O2 etc had the phones in stock didnt get any reaction.

Something's going on at Orange - the fact that customer services know nothing about a phone that's been available on other networks for some weeks now is not a good sign. they're not likely to be waiting for bug fixes as this surely would be a Microsoft issue.

they're hiding something i'm sure.

Guest Larnsky

Well a lot of the testing they do is to do with their software that they put on the phone, and how compatiable it is with it!

What i don't understand though is how it can be available on Orange in other countries as posted on another topic, as presumably this means the tests for their software would have been passed!

It is slightly worrying that no-one in Orange CS seem to have any idea at all on when the phone is coming out...... If Orange have problems with it in some way why don't they just say we have these bugs that we'd like to sort out before its released, and its going to take x amount of time to get done! i'd respect the company a lot more for that!

Well a lot of the testing they do is to do with their software that they put on the phone, and how compatiable it is with it!

What i don't understand though is how it can be available on Orange in other countries as posted on another topic, as presumably this means the tests for their software would have been passed!

It is slightly worrying that no-one in Orange CS seem to have any idea at all on when the phone is coming out...... If Orange have problems with it in some way why don't they just say we have these bugs that we'd like to sort out before its released, and its going to take x amount of time to get done! i'd respect the company a lot more for that!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Communication is key! unfortunatly no one has told orange this.. ironic considering they are in the communications business