now where is the friggin internet?

Guest toomuchdogfur

Guest toomuchdogfur

hi all!

this is a problem that has frustrated me to infinity and beyond!

my mpx200 is on vodafone prepaid australia. after much fiddling with both connection and MMS settings i got my MMS to work, but neither internet explorer nor MSN messenger will connect to the net! ive called vodafone support, and after a lengthy call concluded that indeed the GPRS settings ARE correct (backed up by the fact that MMS works).

it seems rather absurd that a phone can't get on the net yet it can send MMS using the very same GPRS connection!

suggestions, ideas, random thoughts, anything from anyone, please! ;)

andrew

Guest m1.carson

Hi,

Just a thought after I spent many a happy pint sorting mine out on Orange, and this may only apply to Orange phones, go to contacts and scroll through, see if you have Vodaphone/home or something like it there, and dial it, cause some of my preset numbers are web pages.

This could be a load of bolony, but nothing to lose.

Good luck.

Max.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sirtubzalot

Have the exact same problem! I'm with prepaid vodafone in australia, just got this mpx200 and can't use wap (prepaid can't use full internet OR MSN Messenger, keep that in mind). Called Vodafone, got instructions emailed, called motorola, got instructions emailed from them, and to no avail. The only thing I can think of is that because the wap is going thru the internet of the phone, and you can't connect to the internet (fully) because your on prepaid, thus you can't use the wap!

Guest toomuchdogfur
Have the exact same problem! I'm with prepaid vodafone in australia, just got this mpx200 and can't use wap (prepaid can't use full internet OR MSN Messenger, keep that in mind). Called Vodafone, got instructions emailed, called motorola, got instructions emailed from them, and to no avail. The only thing I can think of is that because the wap is going thru the internet of the phone, and you can't connect to the internet (fully) because your on prepaid, thus you can't use the wap!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no that can't be it... i had a motorola v525 right before this, where the wap worked as it should... when i changed to mpx200 it didnt work initially.

fiddled around with it a bit and alas! it worked! but for some reason it stopped in a few days... been stressin eva since! :|

oh and i did try carsons advice. thanks anyway, but no avail... IE gets stuck with 'Dialling...' in the titlebar