Samsung i700-Help!

Guest tsekov

I have Samsung i700 , but my display goes half blue, half white and my touchscreen dosn't work.Can someone tell me how can I fix my phone?Is there a disconnected cable or smething like that?And would I fix it if I reinstall the OS or if I do a Hard Restart (how can I do it?). You are my last hope.

P.S.:Here is a picture of the display.

post-151633-1130187017_thumb.jpg

Edited by tsekov

Guest Pondrew

Moved to Samsung i700 hardware specific section (it ain't a Smartphone my friend, be proud to be a Pocket PC Phone user!)

Afraid it sounds like the lcd screen has failed. U could send it to an approved repair centre but the repair will more then likely cost ;)

Isn't there any thing, which I can try befor spending 100$ for new display? Is there any hope to fix it with reinstall or with hard-reset?Or is there any way to use some kind of self-test to see what is the problem, just like the MPx200's engineer menu?I am realy desperate, because I'm from Bulgaria, Europe and this Pocket PC is not yet available here.That's why the display will cost more than the phone in the USA :cry: Can I use a display from other Pocket PC?

P.S.:Can you tell me how can I do a hard-resert?

Guest Pondrew

Just found this instruction at pdaPhoneHome.com so credit to them:

To perform a hard reset, remove the stylus and unscrew the removable end. At the end of one half is a small aluminum pointed tip. Locate the reset hole on the left side of the i700. Press and hold the Power button (upper most button on the right side of the device). Carefully insert the reset pin into the small hole, push it in and then release it. Relase the Power button. This will perform a hard reset of the i700.

If that doesn't work it does point to the lcd hardware itself. Although it may be possible to replace it with another lcd it's not something I know how to do. Sorry ;)

My mistacke. That's what I mean.I have now saw, that you have write how to do it.Sorry for loosing your time and thanks for the help.

Edited by tsekov