Ask Paul [MVP]: SPV C600 Q&A

Guest PaulOBrien

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I just got new C600 from Orange and have few questions:

1. Why vibrating (in Meeting profile) sometimes work and sometimes (usually) not? Everything is set properly in profile definition.

2. Why can't I synchronize files? I just don't have this option in ActiveSynv ver. 4.1 This is very important for me, I even purchased a 512MB miniSD card for this. How can I enable this feature?

3. How can I set in calendar to call someone i.e. tomorrow? It was so easy in Nokia but here I have only calendar and can't choose any event type.

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie like me (so far simple Nokias only)

KaiM

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cold_fire
Does it have the "TSSS" noise like C500 when playing audio or video ?Sorry if this has been asked b4 ,the topic is 11 pages long and my dial-up connection is slow.

Thanx ! :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate 2 reply my own question ,is the tsss noise present ? :??:

I also have sync problems with my sp5 all the wm2003 phones sync ok.

found that for some reason if the phone is in the menu mode it fires up :roll: ive lost count how many times i have uninstalled and reinstalled the active sync..it can also be caused by your firewall mcafee and norton seem to block it :evil:

Guest RIPITT
Hi all!

I am in the fortunate position of having in my possession a SPV C600, and since i've now got to grips with it, i'd like to answer any questions MoDaCo readers have about the device!

Feel free to post any questions about Orange's latest Smartphone below, and I will endeavour to do my best to respond, and any questions I can't answer, Orange have kindly agreed to respond to.

Fire away! ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HI, I HAVE A C600 WITH A NEWLY PURCHASED BLUETOOTH GPS RECEIVER, THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT I AM NOT ABLE TO PAIR IT WITH THE PHONE. I BOUGHT THIS RECEIVER ON EBAY, APPARENTLY ABLE TO AQUIRE UP TO 32 SATELITTE CHANNELS. MY CURRENT 16 CHANNEL RECEIVER WILL STILL WORK FINE, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF, WITHOUT SUCCESS.

MY PHONE SAYS IT HAS PAIRED WITH THE RECEIVER, BUT WHEN I OPEN

TOMTOM 5 THERE IS NO GPS SIGNSL, PLS HELP .

THANKS ; RIPITT

• 5 months later...
Guest ovidutz22

PROBLEM:i got a 2gb sandisk minisd for my c600.i was excited to use it...but the phone crashes and it doesn't open the files that i copy to the card using wm5torage....so the files go to the card but the phone can't access them...and i'm curently using the old 32mb minisd wich is working ok.....i'm desperate..is 2gb minisd lowering performance? or is it incompatible? should i settle with a 1gb or 512mb?. :)

Edited by ovidutz22

Guest mitch1974

I use a 2gb Sandisk card in mine and the performance is better than the 32mb card which I got with the phone (which seems to crash the phone if I update the media player library, it also does this with my C500, so I blame the card).

So it could be your card which is at fault, check out the posts about single layer and multi layer mini-sd cards on here (sorry, don't have time to find the page and link it for you).

Edited by mitch1974

Guest pavankp
PROBLEM:i got a 2gb sandisk minisd for my c600.i was excited to use it...but the phone crashes and it doesn't open the files that i copy to the card using wm5torage....so the files go to the card but the phone can't access them...and i'm curently using the old 32mb minisd wich is working ok.....i'm desperate..is 2gb minisd lowering performance? or is it incompatible? should i settle with a 1gb or 512mb?. :)

Does it behave any differently if you copy the files using Windows Explorer and ActiveSync instead of WM5torage?

Pavan

Guest ovidutz22
Does it behave any differently if you copy the files using Windows Explorer and ActiveSync instead of WM5torage?

Pavan

it does the same without wm5torage....the files large or small go the card,the space left is reported corectly,but when i try to open any of the recently copyed files it crashes..

Guest dazh71
HI, I HAVE A C600 WITH A NEWLY PURCHASED BLUETOOTH GPS RECEIVER, THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT I AM NOT ABLE TO PAIR IT WITH THE PHONE. I BOUGHT THIS RECEIVER ON EBAY, APPARENTLY ABLE TO AQUIRE UP TO 32 SATELITTE CHANNELS. MY CURRENT 16 CHANNEL RECEIVER WILL STILL WORK FINE, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF, WITHOUT SUCCESS.

MY PHONE SAYS IT HAS PAIRED WITH THE RECEIVER, BUT WHEN I OPEN

TOMTOM 5 THERE IS NO GPS SIGNSL, PLS HELP .

THANKS ; RIPITT

Ive got one working fine, turn on gps reciever, press and hold home key,

press Settings then 1 Bluetooth Settings. press Menu then 1 Devices. Then Menu 1 New,

it should scan for it then enter 0000 for passkey.

hope this works bye!

Guest jerre

Paul,

Thanks for answering all these questions.

I have a c600 which has been working fine on every front. The only issue I seem to get is when downloading and installing wm5 homescreens. Every homescreen I have downloaded so far seems to be wrong as in : the background image is never correctly aligned with the plugins ...

Do you know of any reason why this could be ?

thanks in advance,

Jerre

Guest Disco Stu
Paul,

Thanks for answering all these questions.

I have a c600 which has been working fine on every front. The only issue I seem to get is when downloading and installing wm5 homescreens. Every homescreen I have downloaded so far seems to be wrong as in : the background image is never correctly aligned with the plugins ...

Do you know of any reason why this could be ?

thanks in advance,

Jerre

There are 2 possible reasons for this :

1. you are not installing QVGA homescreens sized at 240x320

2. you have not installed all the neccesary plugins first

Guest ippy
' date='Oct 27 2005, 15:01' post='682733']

Hi all!

I am in the fortunate position of having in my possession a SPV C600, and since i've now got to grips with it, i'd like to answer any questions MoDaCo readers have about the device!

Feel free to post any questions about Orange's latest Smartphone below, and I will endeavour to do my best to respond, and any questions I can't answer, Orange have kindly agreed to respond to.

Fire away! :)

P

[i am very pleased with the 600 as a whole but find it most annoying when i constantly come across downloads not available for the spv range.

I also have in my possesion a gps reciever and am trying to get some satnav software for use on the phone, but again the destinator software is not compatible with the spv c600.

I suppose I will have to wait for other vendors toget their act together

Guest conflagrare

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anybody else has had trouble with their phone slowing down over time? After a hard reset, in about a month, the phone performance starts going down. The incriminating thing is that answering a call takes 5 seconds (a month), then 10 seconds (2 months+), and eventually, it won't answer calls... pops up "unable to answer call" and I have to call the guy back.

Anybody else had this problem? any solutions? Seems like my desktop... Windows always slowly self-destructs itself, and eventually, I need a hard-reset (reinstall)...

-Ken

P.S. btw, the phone is SMT-5600. Is it a problem in C600 also?

Edited by conflagrare

Guest pierre
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anybody else has had trouble with their phone slowing down over time? After a hard reset, in about a month, the phone performance starts going down. The incriminating thing is that answering a call takes 5 seconds (a month), then 10 seconds (2 months+), and eventually, it won't answer calls... pops up "unable to answer call" and I have to call the guy back.

Anybody else had this problem? any solutions? Seems like my desktop... Windows always slowly self-destructs itself, and eventually, I need a hard-reset (reinstall)...

-Ken

P.S. btw, the phone is SMT-5600. Is it a problem in C600 also?

Hi, this problem has always been there since ever smartphones were released. Do we know exactly why? I dont think so. It has to do with applications installed or simply by too much storage/ram used. You could use a software to delete/clean unused files and/or simply check the availability of memory and delete some files or transfer them to the Storage Card.

The worse (I find) is when dialing a number, and you want to stop the dialing process, but the phone will not respond anymore (keeps dialing and only way to stop is to remove the battery)

Anyone else has a better idea or possible solution?

Guest G1LIW

OK, here's one for you, Paul :)

I've been using an iPaq h1940 for some time, using Navman SmartSTv2 on it; I got the C600 from orange last weekend, primarily to reduce the clutter I've been carrying around of late, as it combines pretty-much my old phones' abilities (it was a Nokia 6210i on Orange, of course :)), and my iPaq's capabilities. Now, I know I'll have to get a new miniSD card (and given current excellent prices, it'll be a bloody whopper in size, lol) in order to have sufficient space for my MP3s and additional software, but on the subject of bluetooth GPS units and compatible GPS software for the C600, there seems to be a mess of confusion out there at the moment; I was wondering what, if any, products in this area had been tested to function correctly on the C600, and if you knew of a definitive listing out there on this? Thanks in advance ;)

Roger

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.