Photo

Alternative app (& sim) unlock solution is here!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

bleep

bleep

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:spv c600
I have made the changes on my c600 and rebooted my phone and I still am unable to install things.
I get a warning saying there is no digital signature and fails to install.

the-jackal

the-jackal

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:My family
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Twitter:@J40KAL
Ok Guys try this. All files should be in the attatched file. I have included an idiots instruction guide as well. After all i needed it. Hope it helps and works. [-o<

Attached Files

Cheers

The Jackal
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit Chainsaw Films

Sig.jpg

bleep

bleep

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:spv c600
Ive sorted mine now.

For some reason The change I made did not stay after rebooting so I had to make it again.

I have now rebooted 4 times and it has stayed

SWEEET ;)

hasbull_88

hasbull_88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Audiovox
icon_confused.gif what happen to our phone if we unlock it?what advantage we got if we unlock it?

gaplayer26

gaplayer26

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
Thanks a million for this - it works on the Orange SPV C600 running Windows Mobile 2005 !

;):)

Garth

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTAutoSync WM5.0 [Bluetooth AutoSync] for Windows Mobile 5.0! - Schedule automatic AcitiveSync over Bluetooth

www.psychoman.co.uk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detslider

Detslider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i617

Ok Guys try this. All files should be in the attatched file. I have included an idiots instruction guide as well. After all i needed it. Hope it helps and works. [-o<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you from an idiot/smartphone newb. It worked, one question though. Do I have to leave the files on the phone? Or now that they have served their purpose can they be deleted?

the-jackal

the-jackal

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:My family
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Twitter:@J40KAL

Do I have to leave the files on the phone?

Not 100% but i am pretty sure you can delete them now. You may find that the CAB file has gone. I have kept the Regedit.exe for future use. (you never know) :?: Glad you got some use out of it. All thanks must go to OP though. All i done was made it a bit easier for people like me. :oops:

Cheers

The Jackal
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit Chainsaw Films

Sig.jpg

madrascafe

madrascafe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I have a cingular 2125... anyone tried SIM Unlock on this???

yus

yus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i m geting an error mesage while running SPV Developers Service(Illegal readZone attempt - Rapi init failed)

can u help me guys. oh bytheway i m tryna sim unlock orange spv c600 and i have already app. unlocked it and copied cert.cab to the phone and istalled it from there. SO WHERE AM I GOING WRONG GUYS.

thanks

gaplayer26

gaplayer26

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

i m geting an error mesage while running SPV Developers Service(Illegal readZone attempt - Rapi init failed)

can u help me guys. oh bytheway i m tryna sim unlock orange spv c600 and i have already app. unlocked it and copied cert.cab to the phone and istalled it from there. SO WHERE AM I GOING WRONG GUYS.

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You will need to unlock the registry first using the signed version of HTC regedit.

I have attached the Smartphone registry editior. You unzip the regeditSTG.zip file and copy the unzipped file to your phone using ActiveSync, then run the registry editor on your phone.

Then change the following values to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40

Edited by gaplayer26, 30 January 2006 - 09:52 AM.

Garth

BTAutoSync WM5.0 [Bluetooth AutoSync] for Windows Mobile 5.0! - Schedule automatic AcitiveSync over Bluetooth

www.psychoman.co.uk

bjde0b

bjde0b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:Cingular 2125
I do not believe that this method fully unlocks the Cingular 2125. I have attempted many times, and I have even put a new *.cer on the phone but I am still unable to change short_HOC.lnk from read only so that I can change what that key does. Any ideas, has anybody tried this?

richardlai

richardlai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets in general, specifically laptops and phones.
  • Devices:Dell Streak
  • Twitter:@richardlai

icon_confused.gif what happen to our phone if we unlock it?what advantage we got if we unlock it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, you would then be able to use your phone on any network you want. Most phones these days are locked to one network - it's just a way of keeping their customers.

Devices: Dell Streak, HTC Desire, Nexus One, iPhone 3GS
Blog: http://www.richardlai.co.uk/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/richardlai

sameerabedi

sameerabedi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:HTC WM7 TomTom
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD
I can't seem to app. unlock my C600, when I try to change the Reg-Policies values to 1 and 40 I get an Error message: "Unable to perform this operation"
Any ideas how to overcome this??
Thanks

Nokia 6110i / Nokia 6210i / Nokia 8310i / SPV Classic / SPV E200 / SPV C500 / SPV C600 / SPV M3100 / HTC Tytn II

Check out my blog

ciaran

ciaran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Imate SP5
My phone came simunlocked so I didn't use that method.

I did use your application unlocking tweaks .. could you just confirm exactly what I've done? I'm allowing non-MS software to be installed?

1 2 3 ...

rhydewithdis

rhydewithdis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm sure this is a very basic question, but how can I tell on my phone if it is unlocked? I used the instructions noted here, but would like to check on the phone itself any screen/prompt that specifies the locked/unlocked status. Thanks in advance.

jutley

jutley

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Devices:Dell streak baby oh yea
ok you cant app unlock your phone because you have the latest AKU2 update on it no registry hacking will help you here.There is a soulution though email orange developers and request the app unlock utility for your phone cause its percific to your imie.Once you have it install and disable security then use the sda unlocker to fully unlock your phone which is available at spv developers site and you can then sim unlock phone with servicee tools.If you want more info find my other post about AKU2 app unlock good luck.

Rapier

Rapier

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire S

I can't seem to app. unlock my C600, when I try to change the Reg-Policies values to 1 and 40 I get an Error message: "Unable to perform this operation"
Any ideas how to overcome this??
Thanks

It's written before in this topic. Read all posts carefuly. You cannot change the values in registry with any registry editor. You should use the one linked to the first post.

Don't force it ... take a bigger hammer

Zahid

Zahid

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Nice work!

Unlocked 2 C500s that I couldn't Application Unlock using the Orange Developers web-based service.

:D :D

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
Using the regeditstg from the first post I get ""Access denied. The program cannot startbecause it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate"

failed at the first hurdle! :) I am trying to unlock my Modaco C600 as I have broken the USB port on my universal so it won't charge and I need to use my T-Mobile SIM.

Not having a good day as I am supposed to be logging on to work as we have just changed servers and I stupidly upgraded to Vista yesterday on my only PC that did have the VPN working - now it doesn't :D

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

turbo lemon

turbo lemon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro 2
Sorry to drag an old thread back up, but I'd tried many of the other solutions here, and they'd all failed at some point. This one worked perfectly!

Thanks guys!

[sigtracker]160599[/sigtracker]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users