Anyone received their M5000 yet?

Guest eggedd2k

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dolphinsmile
What sort of data plans have you guys gone for?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Orange are doing 1000mb a month for £10.00 first three months free.

Thats going to cost me £23.00 for 750 mins off peak to landlines and 1000mb of data. Not bad.

Guest Confucious

S/ware seems about the same - most is built into WM5, Clearview PDF viewer isn't - do O not supply a GPRS monitor?

Can't see PV Player on mine But I yse TCPMP for vids anyway.

Edited by Confucious

Guest Confucious
Orange are doing 1000mb a month for £10.00 first three months free.

Thats going to cost me £23.00 for 750 mins off peak to landlines and 1000mb of data. Not bad.

That's not bad at all!

If only I could upgrade my SIM to a USIM ;)

Just checked their website and it says 100Mb cost £52.88 / month!

Edited by Confucious

Guest rickyburke

no gprs/3g counter, pv player is oranges own media player, i call it chocolate teapot, or inflatable dartboard, for obvious reasons! waiting for betaplayer.

Guest Confucious
no gprs/3g counter, pv player is oranges own media player, i call it chocolate teapot, or inflatable dartboard, for obvious reasons! waiting for betaplayer.

I thought I'd seen it on my C550 - never used it.

TCPMP is the new name for betaplayer.

Guest spitwroot

Im still waiting ;) should be here today and ive got to go out in an hour.

Anyone tried a VGA movie yet?

I wonder if Orange have sorted the performance issues out since its taken so long in testing.

Guest dolphinsmile
weird dolphinsmile ur rom version is nothing like mine. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In Device Information it says.....

Operator version 7.113.1.130

ROM version 1.13.49.WWE

ROM date 09/20/05

Radio version 1.03.00

Protocol version 42.36.P8

ExtROM version 1.13.130 WWE

Guest philtech44

Hey! it's arrived! but get this:

My wife stayed in to get it after advising her to get one last night - which she did after me sending her a SMS telling her who to call, what to say and what model to ask for...

OK just now both phones arrive however in the excitement of it all last night I typed M500 in my SMS to her rather than M5000....

so picture it... two packages arrive she open hers the I tell her to open mine and get the thing charged up...

Then she realises...

So...

She calls up Orange Upgrades CS and they're cool about it - so cool that they dispatch the M5000 later today...

But my question is...

Do you think I will be made to forfeit MY M5000 in the meantime??

NO ***ING WAY!!! She never even knew what a PDA was until yesterday afternoon!!

Whats that country song where they spell out the title??

D.. I.. V..

;)

Edited by philtech44

Guest rhaleuk

Got mine about 11. Been playing ever since. SIM update came through super quick. Can't see Orange Backup though which is where all my numbers and contacts are!

Guest nowimboard
Got mine about 11.  Been playing ever since.  SIM update came through super quick.  Can't see Orange Backup though which is where all my numbers and contacts are!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cant you active sync the unit to get all your contacts from outlook?

Is this not possible? Its what Im hoping to do!

Guest alaistair

Well all ours turned up around an hour ago (we got 4).

But bugger - typical....I'm now sitting in the BMI lounge at Manchester - and heading on to London tonight....(my office is Glasgow! ;) ).

So I won't get it till Friday now.

But for all you WiFi users out there - the Wireless LAN at Manchester airport seems to be FREE!

Saves paying money to T-Mobile and BT Openzone at Heathrow

Guest philtech44
Hey! it's arrived! but get this:

My wife stayed in to get it after advising her to get one last night - which she did after me sending her a SMS telling her who to call, what to say and what model to ask for...

OK just now both phones arrive however in the excitement of it all last night I typed M500 in my SMS to her rather than M5000....

so picture it... two packages arrive she open hers the I tell her to open mine and get the thing charged up...

Then she realises...

So...

She calls up Orange Upgrades CS and they're cool about it - so cool that they dispatch the M5000 later today...

But my question is...

Do you think I will be made to forfeit MY M5000 in the meantime??

NO ***ING WAY!!! She never even knew what a PDA was until yesterday afternoon!!

Whats that country song where they spell out the title??

D.. I.. V..

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It gets worse...

After a long conversation at lunchtime with wifey... it comes to light that dear old Orange CS have sent me... wait for it..

a Nokia N70 :x

I am in despair...

Guest basharv
I thought I read somewhere that O were supplying a spare battery? Obviously not.

Are you guys getting a new USIM with the M5000? I rang this morning to see if they would swap my SIM for a USIM and was told they couldn't so I am using my Exec on Three with their walled garden.

If you still have a SIM card rather than a USIM you won't be able to use 3G (You should have a U (for UMTS) where you would find the G (for GPRS) on the top bar in the box with 3G coverage.

What sort of data plans have you guys gone for?

Also, the Exec comes with Clearview PDF reader and Spb GPRS Counter - what additional s/ware do O provide?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My M5000 had a USIM but I had to hunt for in through all the manuals etc... lovely bit of kit...have to wait till later to play though