Charging the battery

Guest airborne

Guest airborne

How long should it take to charge the battery? I've read through the relevant sections on the M5000 and can't see a definitive time required to charge the battery.

I always thought that if the phone was connected to the mains, I would at least be able to make the initial configurations on the phone. At the moment, all I have is a white screen. I did momentarily get the "setup password" screen, but it faded out and went back to white.

I'm a bit worried that I have a duff phone, unless the battery really does need a full charge before it can show the display :?:

Guest awarner [MVP]

Sounds like a duff unit/ battery as I would expect to be able to run with a low battery and charger plugged in.

It may be worth trying a hard reset first by pressing the two soft keys and the reset button at the same time.

Normally the battery is part charged and another 4 hours would be fine.

My JasJar instructions listed 8 hours minimum initial charge but I just used my sync and charge cable instead so I could charge and still play ;)

Guest airborne
my battery came fully charged, haveĀ  you managed to turn it on at all yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I stroked it gently, but no response! ;)

When I first opened the unit, the screen was white - which I was a bit puzzled by. I opened it a few times and rotated the screen and suddenly noticed that it was asking me to set a password, so the initialising system was running. I put in a password but before I could confirm it, the screen gently faded to white and it's not been on since. :cry:

I can hear the unit functioning (i.e. the usual clicks and beeps from various buttons presses) but nothing on screen. I reckon I must have a duff unit. :?:

Guest Markda2000

Have you tried keeping the power button pushed in for several seconds. This happened to me and the above method worked. (Don't ask me why though)

Guest airborne
Have you tried keepingĀ  the power button pushed in for several seconds. This happened to me and the above method worked. (Don't ask me why though)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think mine must be stuffed. The SIM is active and I can actually ring the phone and answer a call, but I have no idea what is going on with the display as it's showing me nothing.

:cry:

Guest mthomas50

I would try removing the battery for a few seconds then reconnecting...

You should see an Orange boot screen before WM5 loads... If you don't I'd ring Orange and get it replaced

Bit of a bummer really!

Guest airborne

I've now had it confirmed by Orange that the phone is faulty - they could see fault codes coming up at their end.

So they're sending me a replacement handset which should be here by 1pm. *crosses fingers*