Right Menu V 1.96 released!

Guest zjf1998

Guest zjf1998

Can you tell me how we to implement the function is the best. Thanks

Unfortunately, this only works if you haven't changed the 'friendly name' of the Text Message service; you just end up at the list of mail accounts ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

now this is pretty odd...Just tried to install the latest version, and now my phone says "RKeyen is not a valid Windows CE application"

I did try to restart the phone but with no luck. My phone is decerted, and I have used all the previous version without any problems.

What I did (as I did with the prev. version) copied the new version to the phone and overwrite the old version...was that the wrong way to do it? (I know I should prob. have uninstalled the prev version first, but it worked OK on all the prev. version)

Please let me know....

Can you tell me how we to implement the function is the best. Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a difficult one as the friendly names could be named to anything by the user. I actually use the trick described in another thread, to create links to each of my message services (as well as one to create a new blank SMS and one to create a pre-addressed SMS to my wife!) and then call these up through Right Menu.

Hmmm, something's broken in the last version (and perhaps the one before that). The focus of the app that's being called from Right Menu is being lost.

As mentioned above, I have links to the various message services. If I run the link from File Explorer or from the main start menu, the message service opens and stays as the focussed window. If I run it from Right Menu, the mail service opens for about 1/2 a second but is then backgrounded and I'm left at the dialling screen (the one you get if you start to dial a number when making a call). This even occurs if I select Right Menu Editor. The selected app is running, but it is in the background.

This used to work fine with previous versions (although I think this also occured with the last one too but I don't still have a copy to check).

Guest zjf1998

Yesterday, we uploaded a incorrect file. so the file you downloaded can not run. We have uploaded it again. Please redownload it. Thanks

now this is pretty odd...Just tried to install the latest version, and now my phone says "RKeyen is not a valid Windows CE application"

I did try to restart the phone but with no luck. My phone is decerted, and I have used all the previous version without any problems.

What I did (as I did with the prev. version) copied the new version to the phone and overwrite the old version...was that the wrong way to do it? (I know I should prob. have uninstalled the prev version first, but it worked OK on all the prev. version)

Please let me know....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest zjf1998

I got the command line:

Tmail.exe -service "SMS" -to "XXXXX"

It will create a sms to special number

That's a difficult one as the friendly names could be named to anything by the user.  I actually use the trick described in another thread, to create links to each of my message services (as well as one to create a new blank SMS and one to create a pre-addressed SMS to my wife!) and then call these up through Right Menu.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest zjf1998

ok. we have fixed it and please download it.

Now we are considering new toolkit such as lock keyboard or others

Hmmm, something's broken in the last version (and perhaps the one before that).  The focus of the app that's being called from Right Menu is being lost.

As mentioned above, I have links to the various message services.  If I run the link from File Explorer or from the main start menu, the message service opens and stays as the focussed window.  If I run it from Right Menu, the mail service opens for about 1/2 a second but is then backgrounded and I'm left at the dialling screen (the one you get if you start to dial a number when making a call).  This even occurs if I select Right Menu Editor.  The selected app is running, but it is in the background.

This used to work fine with previous versions (although I think this also occured with the last one too but I don't still have a copy to check).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest dolphinsmile

I missed this first time around.

Wow, this certainly breathes new life into the c500.

I’ve put down the m5000 and haven’t stopped playing with all my old c500 software.

Its incredibly useful and fun software like this that’s needed.

Thankyou.

ok. we have fixed it and please download it.

Now we are considering new toolkit such as lock keyboard or others

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, the window focus problem has gone. Thanks :)

I got the command line:

Tmail.exe -service "SMS" -to "XXXXX"

It will create a sms to special number

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I use as I've renamed my text message service friendly name to 'SMS'. However, when I run my script, a new blank message is opened. If I use Right Menu's built-in option, it just stops on the screen with the list of services, but with 'SMS' highlighted. If I then click on it, a new blank message is opened.

Guest zjf1998

Do you use the v1.26? It has solved this problem!!

That's what I use as I've renamed my text message service friendly name to 'SMS'.  However, when I run my script, a new blank message is opened.  If I use Right Menu's built-in option, it just stops on the screen with the list of services, but with 'SMS' highlighted.  If I then click on it, a new blank message is opened.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 4 months later...
Guest zjf1998

Now it has been updated to v1.50.

V 1.50(Mar.11, 2006)

1. run Right Menu in anywhere: From Right Menu v1.5, Please copy the rkey.ini to the same folder of Right Menu. Default hotkey is '9' and please press it longer than 0.7s. If you don't this feature, please delete the rkey.ini directly or set the Enabled = 0 in this file.

2. Add hotkey: '4' is for Cut function and '6' is for 'Paste' function

3. Enhance the backlight function

4. Fix bugs.

http://www.mycnknow.com/rightmenuen.htm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest zjf1998

V 1.60(Jul.30, 2006)

1. Support Batch Command: Batch command can support multiple command and run them by sequence. Now it support follow command

a. Run

b. Press key/Key Down/Key Up

c. Sleep

d. Beep

e. Copy File

f. Delete File

2. Add Shift function so that you can select partial text in the smartphone

3. Enhanced insert sms function. Now it support sms to a number.

Guest lobo13

When I use hotkey "2", I can't type number? Any idea?

Another, I try get shorcut of RKeyen.exe under key AP2 with command "66#\Storage Card\Instalace\Programy\Right Menu\RKeyen.exe" -showmenu, but when I press button AP2, the Right Menu Editor launchs instead of Menu of commands. :-(

• 1 month later...
Guest zjf1998
When I use hotkey "2", I can't type number? Any idea?

Another, I try get shorcut of RKeyen.exe under key AP2 with command "66#\Storage Card\Instalace\Programy\Right Menu\RKeyen.exe" -showmenu, but when I press button AP2, the Right Menu Editor launchs instead of Menu of commands. :-(

Your shortcut has some error. To launch the menu it should run with a parameter -startup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest jefflrib

Hi,

Using the new version that allows the left key mapping. Question: How can I have a command to open the programs menu (start menu)- the icons style ?

Thanks

Guest tboy2000

I am using the trial at the moment. All works well except sometimes the Contacts button still remains saying Contacts even though I press it and get the right menu pop up window ok. I tried resetting and still says contacts and made sure necessary check boxes in the right menu options screen were checked.

Finally tried to download some skins from the main website but I think I get 404 errors. Are the links active for the skins to download?

Guest zjf1998
I am using the trial at the moment. All works well except sometimes the Contacts button still remains saying Contacts even though I press it and get the right menu pop up window ok. I tried resetting and still says contacts and made sure necessary check boxes in the right menu options screen were checked.

In WM 5.0, it will show contact when the mobil startup, after calling or getting some sms, it will appear right menu. It is only a small bug. It works correctly in 2003/2003se.

Finally tried to download some skins from the main website but I think I get 404 errors. Are the links active for the skins to download?

Thanks for your information. We will fix all error of the url.

Edited by zjf1998

Guest zjf1998
Hi,

Using the new version that allows the left key mapping. Question: How can I have a command to open the programs menu (start menu)- the icons style ?

Thanks

You can use rkey.lnk

Thanks for your support.

• 2 months later...

Hi zjf,

Have already contacted you via mail, but I saw this thread on Modaco and thought it would be usefull to put the comments in here.

Orange SPV C600, WM5, Right Menu v1.95

Font:

It would be nice to have a smaller font for the menu. It looks rather big on a 2-inch screen. The font-size used in the Right Menu Editor would be more suitable for a smartphone imo. More menu's can be added that way.

Batch command (this one would be very handy if working:-):

I can only get multiple run commands to work. If a run command is followed by a key press or key move, it doesn't work anymore.

Could it be that there needs to be a delay before the next "job" in the batch is started? If I use a beep after a run, the beep comes at the exact same time?

Batch name can't be changed. It can only be changed via the file manager.

Insert contacts from the ToolKit is not working (minor prob). Contacts.lnk lives in "\windows\contacts" on my phone so I used that *.lnk instead to create a shortcut.

Haven't used the "Left menu" cause I'm a little afraid I can't acces the start menu anymore. Is there a short cut for the start menu? If so, ............;-)

It would be handy that when moving up or down an menu item, it can also be moved into another submenu

Thx so far

Edited by TiNNiT

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zjf1998
Hi zjf,

Have already contacted you via mail, but I saw this thread on Modaco and thought it would be usefull to put the comments in here.

Font: Now the menu editor can support the font size

To use the key press or key up after run command, please add a sleep command(e.g. Run a, sleep(2000), press '1')

The batch name can't be changed is a bug, we should correct it in the next version.

please use the copy and paste function to move the shortcut into submenu.

Insert contact function depend on the contact.lnk, if you delete it or rename it, it won't take action.

Thanks

Edited by zjf1998

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.