Wizard Stock Watch

Guest battletank

Went to T-Mobile in Carlisle on Friday and they had one in stock (though the assistant was surprised to find one!)

After a bit of haggling, he said he'd do a Web n Walk 200 package with the phone at £59.99. The 18 month contract he said he'd do at £16 per month FOR THE FULL CONTRACT!!!

I asked him if he'd throw in a text bundle too, but he said he wasn't allowed to do it. Still £347.99 for an 18 month contract was a good deal I thought.

Had a play with it and it seemed slower than the Jam after a soft reset, but the build quality looked good.

Didn't buy it in the end as I couldn't justify it to myself. Glad I didn't too cos the car failed its MOT on the same day :-/

Mark

Guest leshemnoam

after being with orange for years and waiting and hoping for the M3000 since Sep :evil: (when my contract ended)I rang t-mobile this morning, but was told they were out of stock of the MDA Vario :shock: . I was worried since with orange that means waiting for months but was told to phone back at 14:00, which I did and they had them in stock should arrive tomorrow morning....me so happy ;)

after being with orange for years and waiting and hoping for the M3000 since Sep :evil: (when my contract ended)I rang t-mobile this morning, but was told they were out of stock of the MDA Vario :shock: . I was worried since with orange that means waiting for months but was told to phone back at 14:00, which I did and they had them in stock should arrive tomorrow morning....me so happy ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Was it a good deal??? I'm still not ruling out getting one of these bad boys!

For me the perfect tariff would be something like the web n walk ones but with less MB included and some free texts

Guest DancingMatt
I rang t-mobile this morning, but was told they were out of stock of the MDA Vario :shock: . I was worried since with orange that means waiting for months but was told to phone back at 14:00, which I did and they had them in stock should arrive tomorrow morning....me so happy ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool!

Can you please tell me what information do t-mobile take over the phone for a new contract? I might just bite the bullet and call them for a Vario on Web&Walk 200 right now...

DM

P.S. Any chance of haggling with their telesales do you think?

Guest leshemnoam
Was it a good deal??? I'm still not ruling out getting one of these bad boys!

For me the perfect tariff would be something like the web n walk ones but with less MB included and some free texts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i went for the web n walk 200. got the phone for free. i added 50 texts pack and insurence and the cheap option of CS coz i get most my help here anyway ;)

not sure if it's the best deal but it's still less then what i was paying with orange...

Guest leshemnoam
Cool!

Can you please tell me what information do t-mobile take over the phone for a new contract? I might just bite the bullet and call them for a Vario on Web&Walk 200 right now...

DM

P.S. Any chance of haggling with their telesales do you think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they ask for:

1. your full name

2. date of birth

3. address(i had to give my old one too coz they need the last two years)

4. all the bank details (credit check, direct debit, account # etc')

5. pac number (you will need this only if you want to keep your number, and will only need to use it when you get the phone...)

hope this helps. as to haggling i can't really say - not my strong suit

they ask for:

1. your full name

2. date of birth

3. address(i had to give my old one too coz they need the last two years)

4. all the bank details (credit check, direct debit, account # etc')

5. pac number (you will need this only if you want to keep your number, and will only need to use it when you get the phone...)

hope this helps. as to haggling i can't really say - not my strong suit

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

gutted, i rang on my lunch break today & they were out of stock - they never said to try again later though! just tried to sell me one with a co-pilot bundle instead for an extra £140!

will be straight on the phone in the mornin :twisted:

Guest leshemnoam
gutted, i rang on my lunch break today & they were out of stock - they never said to try again later though!  just tried to sell me one with a co-pilot bundle instead for an extra £140!

will be straight on the phone in the mornin  :twisted:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

got my vairo this morning they came at 7:30 but they didn't have the flat# so i went and got it from the postoffice. i'm so happy! i'll post as i learn it....

called them this morning and they had plenty in stock

went for the 18mth contract with 12mths half price @16.50 per month, including 200 mins for any network any time & 100 texts per month

phone was 39.99 & 5.99 for next day delivery

according to www.scancom.co.uk they also now have stock and are offering some similar deals

www.coolsmartphone.com are also advertising some very good deals but are only pre-orders at the mo

Guest DancingMatt
called them this morning and they had plenty in stock

went for the 18mth contract with 12mths half price @16.50 per month, including 200 mins for any network any time & 100 texts per month

phone was 39.99 & 5.99 for next day delivery

according to www.scancom.co.uk they also now have stock and are offering some similar deals

www.coolsmartphone.com are also advertising some very good deals but are only pre-orders at the mo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you had to pay for the Vario, but the £16.50 included 100 texts each month?

I thought the deal was the phone was free but it didn't include texts.

Guest Pondrew

I too was told I've have to pay for the Vario on Web N Walk 200 while in the T-Mobile shop. Assumed that telesales must do it free given lots of peeps seem to be getting it from them without charge...

Guest Phil Lee

When I ordered mine on 4th November from T-Mobile telesales the phone cost me £59.99 plus £5.99 delivery on an 18 month Web n Walk 100 contract with 12 months half price line rental. The line rental is £30 per month. The total cost including the phone is £425.98 which works out at £23.67 per month. I went for the non-self serve option.

Edited by Phil Lee

Guest Pondrew
When I ordered mine on 4th November from T-Mobile telesales. The phone cost me £59.99 plus £5.99 delivery on an 18 month Web n Walk 100 contract with 12 months half price line rental.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which is what the T-Mobile store quoted me (apart from the delivery charge of course). Maybe it's come down in price since... would be nice if they actually acknowledge it's existence on the T-Mobile site though :?:

Got my Vario from a T-Mobile store yesterday, their last one in stock. Free on web'n'walk 200 on an 18 month contract. Don't really like 18 month contract but it's a great device, and have been waiting for a keyboard & wifi device since getting my C500, so 18 months shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Worth pointing out that there was two variants to the web'n'walk tarif. One is a Self Serve Option where you manage your account online (I reckon we'll all be able to cope with that then), the Standard you can ring up for free, too.

Self Serve was £16 for the first 6 and last 3 months whilst the non Self Serve is £19 for those months.

Link here to Web'n'Walk tariffs

Guest adchaffey

I just rang T-Mobile to see what contracts they had and what deals they could do me on the Vario.....

One thing led to another and then I heard the words "Welcome to T-Mobile" and felt my wallet get a little lighter!!! :) :D

I've gone for a 300 minutes anytime, any network + 100 texts for £33 but half price for 9 months. The phone came to £39.99 thought.

I was offered the phone for free on the Web 'n' Walk 200 or 400.

Hi all newbie here posting, long time reader and e200-c500 user

Just placed an order through the coolsmartphone deals at the FoneTasticMobile shop.

Free MDA Vario

Free connection and 3 months insurance

Web'n'Walk 200 18mnths 1/2 price so only £19 a month

100 texts for £6 month

So thats £25 a month for 200 mins cross network, 100 texts, 40mb web a month...

£450 over the 18 months or equiv of £300 for 12 months

Bit of a deal I thought?

Mind you, they don't have any in stock now, but 100's due on Monday!

Can't wait to get rid of o2 payandgo at last and move to a pocket pc!

Cheers all

Guest DancingMatt

Hi Veef13

Are you sure they're getting stock Monday?

Because I've seen that same 18 months half-price offer on mobileshop.com, who run the same site for FoneTasticMobile. mobileshop.com told me they were out of stock and in response to my email asking when it would be back in, said "We should have it in the next few weeks.", when I said this was very vague they replied "Unfortunately we have no confirmation of when we are getting them in for definite."

But you're definitely getting yours what, Tuesday?

Guest adchaffey
I just rang T-Mobile to see what contracts they had and what deals they could do me on the Vario.....

One thing led to another and then I heard the words "Welcome to T-Mobile" and felt my wallet get a little lighter!!!  :)  :D

I've gone for a 300 minutes anytime, any network + 100 texts for £33 but half price for 9 months. The phone came to £39.99 thought.

I was offered the phone for free on the Web 'n' Walk 200 or 400.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Completely forgot to mention that they have plenty in stock (telesales that is) and do next day delivery. I'm almost excited enough to get up in the a.m. tomorrow!!

Hi Veef13

Are you sure they're getting stock Monday?

Because I've seen that same 18 months half-price offer on mobileshop.com, who run the same site for FoneTasticMobile. mobileshop.com told me they were out of stock and in response to my email asking when it would be back in, said "We should have it in the next few weeks.", when I said this was very vague they replied "Unfortunately we have no confirmation of when we are getting them in for definite."

But you're definitely getting yours what, Tuesday?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Matt,

Had an email from Carole at mobileshop who confirmed they are due in anytime, I then spoke to a rep who spoke to the business manager who confirmed that they are expecting a large delivery on Monday. In fact they had two in stock bu they were reserved!

Hope this helps,

I'll post again when I hear from them.

Cheers

Mobileshop are very good to deal with. Nothing on their site though...

Anyone know if the Qtek 9100 / K-Jam will be available sim free when they get them in and if so at what cost?

Mobileshop are very good to deal with. Nothing on their site though...

Anyone know if the Qtek 9100 / K-Jam will be available sim free when they get them in and if so at what cost?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi all,

Just had an email from mobileshop, my VARIO has been posted, and I will have it tomorrow!

They are also showing stock on their site....

Update - Now showing Pre-Order only, but a delivery is expected on Monday apparently

Hope this helps you get a deal web'n'walk 200 + 100 texts for £25/month free VARIO

Cheers

Paul (Veef13)

Edited by veef13

Guest azuma2020

Hi All

Just had a look on the T-Mobile site and they have them on there now but not on web n walk tariff:(

So I rang up the T-Mobile TeleSales and got one on Web n Walk 200 on a 18 month contract for free, only had to pay £5.99 delivery charge.

The Price is £16 for 12 month £35 for 6 months and if I stay with the same contract and don't upgrade the price drops down to £16 after the 18 months :)

No texts included but I'm not a big texter and I could always use the web with the 40 MB limit a month or add a text bundle if I need too.

They said I would have it tommorow between 9 and 1 All in all well chuffed

Hope this helps

Cheers

Andrew

So you had to pay for the Vario, but the £16.50 included 100 texts each month?

I thought the deal was the phone was free but it didn't include texts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's right matey, paid some for the phone & got some texts each month. and i also was impressed that on this deal, the half price line rental is for months 1-12 as opposed to the other deals where it seemed to be 1-9 & 16-18, i can also reduce the monthly tariff in month 12 if i want to

doesn't include any GPRS but seemed to be best for me since i'm more likely to use the web near a wireless point which is free :)

mate at work saw mine and has ordered one today from t-mobile direct - recommend a friend and you both get £20 credited to your account after month 3

Guest porkpie
that's right matey, paid some for the phone & got some texts each month.  and i also was impressed that on this deal, the half price line rental is for months 1-12 as opposed to the other deals where it seemed to be 1-9 & 16-18, i can also reduce the monthly tariff in month 12 if i want to

doesn't include any GPRS but seemed to be best for me since i'm more likely to use the web near a wireless point which is free :)

Hey Wez,

What compnay were you refering to for that deal? Can't seem to find anyone that will do it with discount on months 1 - 10!

Cheers,

Oli