C600 Contacts

Guest krowboi

Guest krowboi

Hi,

I was wandering if anyone could help me. I have a SPV C600 on Orange UK, and I am trying to copy the SIM contacts to the contact section. On my C500, there was a SIM manager tool under accessories. I can't find it on the C600 and the business team at Orange are saying that I need to copy them one by one. Does anyone know if this is correct?

I've checked both the manuals supplied with the phone, but no mention of copying SIM contacts to the phone.

I thought I could get around this by using activesync and using my C500, but I have installed activesync 4 now, and I'm not sure if the C500 will work.

Any help/suggestions would be great.

Glen

Guest mattbeales

May I ask how it is that you have a C600 on Orange UK?? Who did you kill to get it cos it's not out yet????

I can upgrade today and was probably going with the 550 but would like the 600 but they say its weeks away.

How you have one???

Guest krowboi
May I ask how it is that you have a C600 on Orange UK?? Who did you kill to get it cos it's not out yet????

I can upgrade today and was probably going with the 550 but would like the 600 but they say its weeks away.

How you have one???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its on a corporate account - I am having a trial of it.

Guest davejerome

You could try copying the SIMMgr.exe file on your C500 or C550 (would be better) to your pc then back on to the C600.

A very old skool attitute but hey it may work.

I have got attached the QVGA version to this post.

To run it you will have to find it using File Manager as it will not create a short cut.

Hope this sorts you out

I have removed SIMMgr.exe as it does not appear to work on the C600.

Edited by davejerome

Guest krowboi
You could try copying the SIMMgr.exe file on your C500 or C550 (would be better) to your pc then back on to the C600.

A very old skool attitute but hey it may work.

I have got attached the QVGA version to this post.

To run it you will have to find it using File Manager as it will not create a short cut.

Hope this sorts you out

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hullo.

thanks for your response and help. I gave this a shot, (both ways...) couldn't get it to work. I can see SIMMgr.exe on the c600, when I select it, or use run from the menu, it just brings up a blank screen. I then have to quit file manager via the task manager.

Guest davejerome

Ok new thought.

If you have another windows smartphone of any kind (I assume you still have C500) you could put the SIM inside the handset , run sim manager, backup your contacts via active sync, get the new phone and activesync them back.

That should solve it. The only possible problem I can see there is you not having a C500 or C550 to hand.

Guest krowboi
Ok new thought.

If you have another windows smartphone of any kind (I assume you still have C500) you could put the SIM inside the handset , run sim manager, backup your contacts via active sync, get the new phone and activesync them back.

That should solve it. The only possible problem I can see there is you not having a C500 or C550 to hand.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I spoke to Orange yesterday, and they also suggested this. I have to de-install active sync 4 and load active sync 3.8 then sync my old c500, and re-do the active sync 4.

Orange tech don't have the phone yet, and this is the first time they have noticed this issue. Bit of a pain when we are considering upgrading our 6310i users to the C600