I am always receiving SMS messages from my network

Guest FuNkYzOnE

Guest FuNkYzOnE

How can I do that I would not receive any SMS messages from my network every 10minutes?

The SMS containes the area of the area where I'm located...my phone runs windows2003

Guest shadamehr

If you mean the message contains the local telephone number AREA CODES of where you live, then this MIGHT be something to do with a feature of some phones and netwroks called "Info Messages".

But I am not sure of your country as your user info and profile is totally blank (might pay you to update it).

Certainly in the UK anyway, I can think of two networks where this might happen... Vodafone who can do this automatically to your phone, and O2 Uk where you can set this up yourself as Info Messages, with an Index number of either 100, or probably 200, I can't remember the exact index code for Local Area Code Info Messages.

But what you are experiencing, could well happen in the UK for this reason, so not sure if this applies to you and where you live.

Try checking in your phone (/me goes to have a look, cos I have NO IDEA where info messages are controlled on a SmartPhone - there's a new one for me... one second...)

A-ha... On a SmartPhone it seems they are called CHANNELS.

And on my phone, you set them up via:

Start > Settings > Phone > Channels.

There you can enable, or disable channels, and set up which ones you want to activate etc.

See if there is anything set here in your phone.

If not, then maybe a call to your Operator may be needed.

If you fix this, let us know how though please.

Guest shadamehr

As an aside - does anyone here know HOW I activate Info Service for O2 Uk that gives the area codes - I thought it was either 100 or 200, but setting these up, nothing happens with my phone - I have never done this ever on a SmartPhone so does anyone know? I am half way there it seems... but not fully sorted it...

Guest FuNkYzOnE
If you mean the message contains the local telephone number AREA CODES of where you live, then this MIGHT be something to do with a feature of some phones and netwroks called "Info Messages".

But I am not sure of your country as your user info and profile is totally blank (might pay you to update it).

Certainly in the UK anyway, I can think of two networks where this might happen... Vodafone who can do this automatically to your phone, and O2 Uk where you can set this up yourself as Info Messages, with an Index number of either 100, or probably 200, I can't remember the exact index code for Local Area Code Info Messages.

But what you are experiencing, could well happen in the UK for this reason, so not sure if this applies to you and where you live.

Try checking in your phone (/me goes to have a look, cos I have NO IDEA where info messages are controlled on a SmartPhone - there's a new one for me... one second...)

A-ha...  On a SmartPhone it seems they are called CHANNELS.

And on my phone, you set them up via:

Start > Settings > Phone > Channels.

There you can enable, or disable channels, and set up which ones you want to activate etc.

See if there is anything set here in your phone.

If not, then maybe a call to your Operator may be needed.

If you fix this, let us know how though please.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, disabeling the channels helped!